“A GREAT day with our new friend Don Saro” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 91 Activities in Palermo
More attraction details
Owner description: At Personal Guide Sicily, we are the complete reference for anyone visiting Sicily showing you what's new, what's on and what's best in this beautiful island. Our focus is to develop a friendly, person-to-person relationship. We are friends who will receive you as a friend, giving you the privileged access usually reserved for locals. We tour catered to your needs, preferences and budget. "Read More" on Website. Ps. For anyone out there that wrongly thinks that my job could be misled for a Licensed Tour Guide, You are Wrong! My clients know what they want and that is Not You. So, even though I'm still open to genuine and honest collaborations, I kindly ask competitors to Stop trying so hard to jeopardise my reputation on Tripadvisor by posting negative and false reviews, but instead try to concentrate more on Why your business is SO slow. If you can't figure it out on your own, just Get a Life! (Peace, Don Saro.)
San Diego, California
“A GREAT day with our new friend Don Saro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

If you have read any reviews on Don Saro you have come to realize how special his trips are. With only 7 hours in port we had an awesome day walking the back streets of Palermo and visiting the historic sites. Beautiful churches, the government offices, the street market with all it's character, and a trip to Mondelo in the afternoon. He was so passionate in describing his beautiful city and his knowledge was incredible having learned so much history from the elders in the city not just the published history. I only wish he would write a book.

Don Saro...it was a pleasure spending our day with you and hope that someday you will visit us in San Diego.

Mike & Gale

Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
“South of Sicily”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Visited the south of Sicily - Ragusa, Noto, Medocia and Siracusa with Personal Guide Sicily and had a fantastic time. Our guide, Rosario was excellent and easy to listen to. He knew so much about the history and culture of the island. On a 2 day trip we visited Piazza Amarina a Roman villa with amazing mosaics, Ragusa at night which was beautiful, Medocia which has famous chocolate factory. Ate fabulous food, including dining at a Sicilian market in Siracusa. We saw and learned so much in the 2 days. Would highly recommend if you are travelling on the island

Las Palmas
11 attraction reviews
“Couldn't have been Better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We were recommended to Personal Guide Sicily by a friend of our working there. We booked a 2 day trip to the south covering Ragusa, Noto, Medocia and Siracusa. Rosario pick us up in his car in the morning and we set off and had an added visit to the Roman Villa at Piazza Amarina, on the way to Ragusa. We stayed the night there in a very nice country hotel outside Ragusa, (booked by him) but had a good look at the town the evening we arrived arriving back at the hotel around 11.00pm. No short change on time. Everything went like clockwork. In Medocia we visited the famous chocolate facory and in Siracusa we had lunch in a market stall of a typical Sicilian fare, a place you would not find by chance but well worth the visit. We could not have covered as much as we did on our own in the space of time we had. Well worth the money!!!!

Dublin, Ireland
“Highly recommended!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

If you want a really good guided walking tour of Palermo in Sicily you could not do better than a guided tour by a guy called Saro. Born and bred in Palermo and it really showed in the way he conducted the tour.
So with a group of ten of us from Dublin on a bright and sunny morning we set off on a tour of the city of Palermo. Saro was so interesting to listen to, you could tell he really knew his city, he brought us to churches, markets and historic sites. He had such a good knowledge of all the places he made it so interesting to listen to due to his passion and enthusiasm. He has a great command of the english language especially in the saying "Back in the day"
which we all found very funny and endearing. He had plenty of patience to answer all our questions. The market he brought us to was so vibrant and exhilarating and to top it all we all got to sample the local fare...
He also recommended a beautiful medieval village an hour's journey on the train from Palermo called Cefalu which we went to the next day, which I would highly recommend visiting.
I would have no hesitation in highly recommending Saro as tour guide for his excellent knowledge and passion of his beautiful city, and for three hours on a Sunday morning it would be hard to beat!!

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Palermo City Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I've been to Palermo three times and never felt like I was able to figure the city out. This time I decided to do it right and employ the help of an expert. I am so glad I did. Don Saro is the real deal, a life-long Palermatano who knows his town better than any guide book. He offers all sorts of tours and will tailor your outing to your interests. I opted for a vespa tour through the whole town. He led me through piazzas and city halls and dilapidated churches, annotating with tales and secrets of the city and the sites along the way (trust me, this is how you want to know Palermo - throw out the guide book, get yourself a local). He led me to culinary delights, from rolicking markets to hole-in-the-wall cannoli joints that you would NEVER find otherwise. We scooted up the hill and out of Palermo, to the magnificent Monreale then zipped back again for a tour of churches filled with secrets and the contrast of the New Town. He was offered tips for restaurants and bars (all of which were fantastic). Honestly I cannot recommend Don Saro enough if you are in Palermo. That is one town where you need a local to guide you. He is well informed and will expose you to a city that you wont find in print. After my tour of Palermo, I left and headed to the coast. TRapani was great. But the whole time I was on the beach, I kept thinking of the secrets and tales, the sights and tastes that The Don introduced me to. Trust me, a tour with him will be the best money you can spend in Palermo. Get in touch with him! I'd do it all over again.

Visited March 2014