“Great location, indoor parking nearby” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Artemisia Palace Hotel

You added Artemisia Palace Hotel to your Saves list
Artemisia Palace Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Roma, 499, 90139 Palermo, Sicily, Italy (Politeama)   |
Ranked #10 of 99 Hotels in Palermo
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Great location, indoor parking nearby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in September, and enjoyed ourselves very much. We had no problems, thought the breakfast was fine, and appreciated the elevator, the dining recommendations, the comfortable room, and the proximity to the places we wanted to see. We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Artemisiapalacehotel, Direttore at Artemisia Palace Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear guest ,

thank you very much , we'll wait with much pleasure to see you again.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

From November 2 to November 10 we stayed at Artemesia Palace Hotel, Palermo. The hotel was well-located within a mile of the train station, with Bus 101 across the street to the station and the same Bus 101 from the station with a stop at the hotel entrance.
Coming from the airport, the shuttle bus stopped about a block from the hotel at the Politeama Square. Additionally, the hotel was very close to many restaurants, pedestrian area, banks, shopping areas, and museums. It was also about one block from the Hop ON/OFF tour bus.

But the above information does not relate the Artemesia’s main strength which is the feeling you have while you stay there. Everyone from manager to concierge personnel, housekeeping and breakfast staff -- everyone treated us like family. Their availability and friendliness made us feel like grandparents who came to visit. As older travelers, we felt their guiding presence wherever we went.

We had the unfortunate experience of the airline misplacing our luggage for 4 days, and when it arrived, one was damaged beyond repair. The concierge staff did all it could to contact the airline several times on our behalf to inquire about the status of luggage and expected delivery time, and then about replacement.

To you who choose the Artemesia Palace Hotel, may you also enjoy a “home away from home”.

Room Tip: Ask for a side street room for less traffic noise. Ours was on the second floor (European), had a b...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Artemisiapalacehotel, Receptionist at Artemisia Palace Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2014
Dear Customer,

we remember the days you spent here and we are very glad that you have noticed our idea of family and warmth. Moreover, we are very happy that your stay was great and we hope to house you again very soon!

Kind regards from the whole staff!

Mario S.
Reading
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

The room we were given was very noisy despite the extra soundproofing, We changed rooms to a top floor room with sloping eaves not a problem in itself but the one high level window had a broken blind. the bathroom was long and thin and the shower head couldn't be placed in the holder on the wall high enough to get a decent shower. The public areas like the rooms are cramped and the breakfast room is tiny for the number of guests. Breakfast was OK but nothing special. The staff at reception were friendly and helpful but the breakfast waitress was more interested in talking to some guests who she obviously knew than serving the remainder of us

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Artemisiapalacehotel, Direttore at Artemisia Palace Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2014
Dear guest,

thank you for your comment,we did the possible to give you the room fitting for you.

I hope we can have onother chance

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

The best thing about this hotel was the staff who were very helpful and responsive. We did not have any issues with street noise which has been mentioned in other reviews, double glazing and the shutters meant we have no problems. However we found the room very austere. The bed was very hard, more like a brick. If you like a very hard bed you will not have an issue. Like many hotels lighting was also a problem. While the lights over the bed meant you could read, I could not see inside my case and had to resort to using the spot light on my mobile phone to see what was in my case. Breakfast was average and if not for the amazing organisational capacity of the young women in the breakfast room, it could have been a bit chaotic but she was a force of nature.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest, thank you for your comment, about the light you have reason and for this reason we 're resolving with led lights in all rooms ,about the
breakfast waitress I'm sure that she has interesting to help all guest that need some information or request, she make her work with very enthusiasm.
I hope to see you next time

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

My family stayed here for 4 nights in October. The hotel is perfectly situated near shopping, the historical centre, and great restaurants. The rooms were immaculate and well-appointed. Breakfast was delicious and the artwork throughout the lobby and breakfast area was beautiful. The staff was extremely helpful and charming. Their attention to detail was phenomenal. During our stay in Palermo my father celebrated his 75th birthday. We arranged for a cake to be delivered early in the morning. The front-desk staff and the owner came to the room at 7:30 a.m. to present the cake and champagne and sang "Happy Birthday", It was a perfect start to a special day. The staff went beyond the call of duty to make this stay most pleasurable. The owner was lovely and made us feel right at home. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Palermo. I plan to visit again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Artemisiapalacehotel, Direttore at Artemisia Palace Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2014
Hi,I remember you and your special family,I talked with your daughter and I'was very happy to organize this special event.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

I have read some bad reviews about this hotel and I cannot agree with them. I am rather fussy but my stay here was very good. I had requested a quiet room because I hate noise. But got Room 305. It was not a quiet room because of traffic noise. The windows are double glazed and also have shutters. The result is that you will get a rhythmic hum from the traffic below. The noise was not disruptive or abrupt. I chose not to make an issue of this with management. I took into account that the room was very spacious, clean and tidy. It has a fridge and there is a computer available at the front desk. Breakfast was excellent, in both quantity and quality. The manageress, Giusse, was very attentive and helpful. I am certain that if I had an issue then she would have dealt with it efficiently and satisfactorily. Would I go back again: definitely!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Artemisiapalacehotel, Direttore at Artemisia Palace Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your comment ,we hope see you soon .

Lincolnshire UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

We stayed here for six nights in October. We had a junior suite and were very happy with the accommodation and breakfasts.As others have reported this hotel is a top class 4 star. It passes all the tests but inadvertently we set it a bigger challenge- how do they react in an emergency? They passed with flying colours. Palermo is a nice place but it has its share of rogues The day before we left I was robbed on the Mondello bus by 5 toughs, they took an expensive camera and, I thought at the time, my passport. The hotel could not have been more supportive. They spent a long time on the phone trying to locate the British Consul (there isn't one-it was shut last year!) A member of staff, Josie, was delegated to take me and my wife to the police station. None of the police spoke English and without her forceful help there would have been nervous breakdowns all round. My passport was eventually found, the thieves must have returned it to my backpack having removed it from my jacket- these guys are professionals and the camera was worth more to them.
Things would have been a lot worse without the support of the hotel staff and so we have no hesitation in recommending the Artemisia Palace.

D & M. Adams. Stamford.UK

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Artemisiapalacehotel, Direttore at Artemisia Palace Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2014
Thank you Mr Adams,we had good time with and we hope you'll come back the next year.

Best regards
Manager

Been to Artemisia Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!