“my visit was a good experience!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Vecchia Locanda

La Vecchia Locanda
Messinese 8-9, 90133 Palermo, Sicily, Italy (Tribunali)
0039091 617 0235
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #530 of 1,150 Restaurants in Palermo
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tribunali
switzerland
“my visit was a good experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

just read previous reviews and hope to say that things are better now than last year! I arrived 20mins before official opening time but they unlocked the door and having difficulting deciding between all the delicious food I took the 20euro fish menu. I found this good value as included was starter, pasta, fish, sorbet, and water, wine, coffee and cover charge. so no surprises at the end and 20euros total. well the appetisers were devine - a plate with all warm seafoods: a fish rolled and stuffed, another fish in the shape of a fish ball, small calamaretti, and loads of little cockle-type sea foods. I actually thought whilst eating the starter that it was probably the best I'd had in italy so far. then came the seafood pasta, which was good, with a mix of seafood and some extra mussels thrown in. the main plate was two small whole fish, don't know the names, with some cherry-tomato sauce. then a lemon sorbet before coffee. I was stuffed by the end. I was surprised to see some negative reviews, but maybe things are better in the low season?! I would go back (but so many more restaurants to visit!)

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Worst owner ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

The Food was semi-ok, what really turned the visit into a freakshow was the owner, who started jelling loudly at his staff in front of the guests for at least 20 minutes. He commanded them to bring us our courses faster even if we had'nt finished. Finally the owner grabbed antipasti from the Buffet just using his hands. Buon appetito. We're sorry for the staff who has to work for this choleric.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Convenient and OK food if they have what you order”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

We visited this place three times as it was close to our hotel. First time, ordered Giant Prawns but they never had it so waiter suggested mixed seafood antipasta which was OK. Second visit I ordered trio of smoked fish but they had none and waiter suggested mixed seafood antipasta again. Swordfish was OK, pasta was OK, cheap house wine was OK. They served us well and politely when there were few customers but on our third visist they were quite crowded and catering for a birthday party and seemed to want to ignore us. The boss stood round shouting orders and it seemed like they could hardly cope. All in all, typical food, cheal and OK

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Warsaw
“Good food and...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

we left our camera there. It was waiting for us next day. Thanks!!

Visited October 2011
“Convienient if you are on Via Roma”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Great value,pleasant service, cold beer. I had the veal scallops, the dish and sides were excellent

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere