“Awesome place to stay in Palermo!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B&B Amelie

and 1 more site!
You added B&B Amelie to your Saves list
B&B Amelie
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Via Principe di Belmonte, 94, Palermo, Sicily, Italy   |
Ranked #40 of 319 Palermo B&B and Inns
Montreal, Canada
“Awesome place to stay in Palermo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

B&B Amélie is very well placed. My husband and I stayed for 2 nights. Amélie is very nice and gave us nice tips for visiting Palermo. The room was very nice and very clean. The breakfast was really good. I totally recommend this b&b to anyone traveling to Palermo. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Alfred, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed at Amelie with Angela for two nights after circumnavigating Sicily. B&B Amelie is very convenient, just a couple blocks from the Politeama stop of the airport bus. Angela fixed a tasty breakfast and was full of helpful hints about things to do. The Via P.pe di Belmonte is handy for coffee bars and other shopping, and you're right between Via Maqueda and Roma. Really near everything, including buses if you're going further afield.

Room Tip: The bathroom for our room was across a public hall. No problem as there were no other guests. If you...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Angela is a delightful hostess. She is attentive to the needs of her guests and does everything she can to help you get maximum enjoyment from your visit to her home town. The room was comfortable and the shower really good and easy to use. Breakfast was lovely - always something homemade to greet us in the morning in the kitchen where we met some of the other guests. A great base for anyone wanting to explore Palermo and the surrounding area. Thank you for your hospitality, Angela!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Buckinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Amelie is on the 6th floor of a block on the only pedestrianised street in Palermo. It has secure access and despite a previous review there is a light switch next to the lift if arriving when dark. The area is well served with cafes, shops and restaurants as well as being very convenient for transport including the bus from the airport. There is a tourist office next door. Angela is a delightful lady who speaks English and runs a spotlessly clean, beautifully furnished B&B. It would be hard to find a better at the price. There is plenty of choice at breakfast including her own baking. She is enthusiastic to help with suggesting places to visit and is an excellent hostess. Warmly recommended and I look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here over Easter last year, April 2012 with my partner. It was perfect for our first time in Palermo, Angela's english is really good so you can chat to her extensively about where to go and things to do. She'll make you feel right at home. Her breakfasts were a treat too, but get there early as it does get eaten pretty quick. The room was spacious and clean. Has a wall of windows, which let in so much light when the shutters are open, was really nice. The bathroom was a good size and clean too. We didn't have a problem with the separate bathroom, was just outside our bedroom. And yes the lights are off when we got home late, but that was fine, we just turned them on and off as we needed. We had mosquitos for couple of nights and Angela quickly told me that if I had mentioned it earlier (I only mentioned it after they'd gone) then she would've got the plugs that keep them away in the summer. The rain that April was unusual for that time of year, so they were unexpected. All in all, we had a great stay and if we were to visit Palermo again, we wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Some of the complaints from other guests prompted me to write this response, even a year after my stay. Angela really makes your stay worthwhile and she deserves the rating on tripadvisor.

My only suggestion for Angela would be maybe to keep an electric kettle in the room, so that you could drink tea or coffee in your room, when the kitchen is closed. But that's just an extra. There's a really nice Italian cafe, Spinnato I think it's called and we went there every night before bed for some tea. Was a good excuse to have their delicious pistachio cake :)

Hope the cactus is well Angela!

Room Tip: Ask for room with ensuite, but even the seperate bathrooms are perfectly fine!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
freundina, Proprietario at B&B Amelie, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Ciao Kirti,
what a pleasure to find a review from you after almost one year!
Thank you again and thanks for the suggestions.
I am writing to let you know that your present is very well! It is incredible how big now is!
It is the first time I have success with a cactus. Maybe it is in the right position (it is in the common room in front of the window) or maybe there was a lot of love inside this present!
I think of you very often! Good luck!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Lovely central location. The breakfast was delicious and the girl was very friendly and helpful regarding local restaurants and site seeing.

The room was basic but ideal for a one night stay. It was a good size and the bed was very comforyable.

• Stayed July 2012
Wisconsin, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My mother, aunt, cousin, and I all stayed at Amelie's for 4 days in late May 2012 (I'm a little late in writing this). Since it was our first trip to Sicily, Angela was in contact with me and answered numerous questions and emails about transportation and location before we even left. When we arrived, we followed Angela's directions about transportation on the bus, which saved us a ton of money versus taking a personal transport.

The rooms are open with high ceilings, windows, beautiful colors, a nice bathroom, and everything was incredibly spotless... again, it is not like this in all B&B's. My aunt and cousin had a room with a terrace which they loved. I saw a review on the beds not being comfortable. We staying in the Orange room also, but my mother and I did not think the bed was uncomfortable at all. Again, maybe we are a bit more seasoned travelers so we have felt truly uncomfortable beds and these definitely do not qualify as uncomfortable in our book. The B&B is quiet at night and we had no problems sleeping here.

At night, the halls outside of the B&B are dark, but we just turned on our cell phones to light the way and we could see just fine to open the door. We always felt safe in the area and in the building. Even the gentleman who works on the ground floor was very kind to us.

The pedestrian street which Amelie is located on is wonderful with a cafe that has indoor and outdoor seating and sometimes even has a piano playing.

Lastly for Angela (I saved the best for last). It is true, Angela is the reason we all love Amelie. Not only does she bend over backward to make sure you are pleased with your stay, but she truly opens her home to you. When you leave, she is scrubbing and cleaning and washing windows so your room is sparkling and perfect when you get back. She makes fresh pastries and baked goods in the morning for breakfast which are always excellent. And my favorite part - the homemade cappuccino.... let me tell you... even Rome couldn't hold a candle to Angela's cappuccino ( Yum...) and the heart in the center of mine summed up the entire experience - Love - Angela puts Love into everything she does which is why this place is the best B&B Palermo has to offer. (Oh, and be sure to ask her for her suggestions on restaurants - all of her suggestions were wonderful.) Angela's English is better than some Americans - so communication was never a problem.

You can read the reviews that are less than 5 stars, but from our experience, if they are less than 5 stars, then the reviewers have not traveled in Europe enough. This IS a 5-star bed and breakfast for the price. If you want every bell and whistle, then it is probably best for you to find a hotel, but you will pay double the price. The purpose for staying at a B&B is to experience the culture and personality of your location... and with B&B Amelie and Angela you get to experience true Sicilian hospitality and accommodations... and you may even walk away feeling as if you are leaving a new home and family in Sicily (which is exactly how we felt). We stayed at 3 bed and breakfast places while in Sicily, including one in Palermo because B&B Amelie was booked- Palermo Art Lincoln - which I do not recommend due to location and the dark, dismal, windowless room we stayed in. B&B Amelie was definitely the best overall. Short of booking your reservation for you, this is the best I can do to convince you how much we enjoyed our stay here. If you go to Palermo, don't miss out on this "home away from home."

- Cassandra (from USA)

Room Tip: Any room is nice, but if you get a room with a terrace, you can sit outside and watch Sicilian life...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
freundina, Proprietario at B&B Amelie, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Ciao Cassandra!
Your review is a great publicity and promotion technique for my business! You are the best sponsorships I have ever imagined! I should pay you for writing this to some travel magazines!!
Thank you for staying with me, I am very happy to read you enjoyed your stay here!
Take care and say hello and thank you to Kathleen, Marleen and Ada too.

Been to B&B Amelie? Share your experiences!