“Of Course the best” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Of Course the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I visit Sicily almost every month,this restaurant is really recommended, almost everything is perfect.I love the Lobster Pasta,unforgettable.

McLean, Virginia
“Vongole to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Although we weren't sure about the restaurant because it was recommended by a tourist representative on a cruise ship, our apprehensions quickly evaporated when we arrived. The restaurant is run by a husband and wife, who took care of the service attentively and quickly. My wife usually orders spaghetti ala vongole as a test dish and was very glad she did, as it was the best she has ever had, anywhere. My taste of the dish confirmed her opinion: perfect pasta and a complex, rich and savory sauce with excellent clams. My dish, fusilli with pesto, was also excellent. The wine list was moderate but well assorted; we had a half-bottle of a local Sicilian wine that was reasonable (only 8 euros) and worth more than the price. A delightful experience, especially given what a depressing place Messina is.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maghera, United Kingdom
“It's a simple must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I was so happy to have dinner here. I absolutely hated the city...dirty, dark, everything grubby etc but this restaurant restored my otherwise terrible day.
The restaurant is decorated in clean white and the waiters own the restaurant. When you have Italians owning a restraint and not packed with tourists you know you're going to have a good evening.
The menu was full of fish...I just wanted to sample it all.
It's simple...The plates are full of fresh fish, cooked to perfection in a way it just melts in your mouth served in a professional and decent manor.

Naples, Florida
“For real foodies!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

One of our fellow cruisers had thoroughly researched the restaurants in Messina so I was pleased to hear that he too had settled on Alberto for lunch. It's a short walk from the famous clock tower where we went to see the astronomical clock do its thing at noon. We were probably seated by 12:30 and immediately the place started to fill up! We had a number of different carpaccio of fish, the lobster served in a half shell with pasta in a light lobster sauce, and a delightful green salad. Fabulous. For a wine, we chose Maria Costanza and it was prefect. Next time I'm having the oysters and seafood crudo! The only drawback was the number of tourists but I can see what draws them and understand fully how this restaurant has maintained its #1 ranking.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Birthday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Delicious!!! Amazing food, atmosphere, service etc etc!
Just came for lunch on my birthday and it was amazing. No.1!
Highly recommended!