“Great hotel in the middle of Catania” 4 of 5 stars

UNA Hotel Palace
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Etnea 218, 95131 Catania, Sicily, Italy   |
Ranked #2 of 69 Hotels in Catania
Bucharest, Romania
“Great hotel in the middle of Catania”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

UNA hotel is right in the center of Catania, very fashonable yet with the local history touch. The reviews that this hotel has are justified, I would like to outline the staff which was very helpful with directions, recommendations and everything, especially Rita from front office. Many thanks!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

UNAHotelPalace, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at UNA Hotel Palace, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Sir,
first thank you so much for providing your feedback not only in our internal customer’s satisfaction system but also here on Tripadvisor and sharing your fashionable and interesting experience with the travelers’ community, so that to highly justifying the other reviews, concerning our “made in Italy” UNA Hotel in Catania.

As per our chain’s philosophy, we propose to our guests an innovative concept of hospitality, full of details and attentions, quality services, exclusive locations and ambiances, so that you can enjoy a relaxing experience to remember when you come back home and why not to try again and go on with the discovery of the “beautiful Italy” thanks to UNA Hotels & Resorts.

It will be a great pleasure for all our team and I, to welcome you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Guest Relation

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I recently stayed here again and even though it was the Festival of Saint Agatha the room was on the inner courtyard and was quiet.

The room is pretty much simple and clean. A TV, minibar, bathroom and bed. There is a workspace and rooms have opening full length windows allowing in fresh air.

It was February and even though the tempratures were in the 50's F, the heat in the room was a constant issue. I am assuming the heat is piped in and no other option than to provide constant heat, I therefore was resigned to open the balcony doors. I did notice many other rooms doing the same thing.

The hotel is along Via Etna and and was withing easy walking distance of many sites and attractions. Shopping, tourism and food are all within a short walk from the door of the hotel.

Room Tip: If you want quiet then go with an inside room on the courtyard area. If you want a view go outside...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Catania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

.........!!!! very confortable and overall very useful location, in the center of Catania but no noise at all; good breakfast beautiful vision on Etna Vulcano and very very friendly people: finally very very good

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

UNAHotelPalace, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at UNA Hotel Palace, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Sir,
it is really nice to read for us your positive feedback on Tripadvisor and we are really glad that you appreciated our Etnea Roof terrace, enjoying delicious Happy hour, everyday from 07:30 pm to 10:30 pm with delicious snacks and cocktails, in an exclusive location with stunning view to the baroque city center and the majestic Mt. Etna

So an enchanting ambiance where even in the early morning from 7:00 to 10:30 our guests can have only with a little supplement the possibility to taste a special Sicilian breakfast and additional service made up of sweet and savory delights.

We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you here and in the other UNA Hotels very soon.

Best regards,

Nicosia, Cyprus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed in a duplex charming room for one night at UNA Palace before heading to Taormina. The highlight of this hotel must be the amazing rooftop with stunning views room of Mount Etna fuming in the horizon. There is an excellent restaurant at the top serving traditional Sicilian breakfast, lunch and dinner and you can opt to eat indoors or outside next to the cute cactus The rooms are well appointed, wifi available and service was great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
UNAHotelPalace, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at UNA Hotel Palace, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Madame,
thank you very much for having chosen UNA Hotel Palace for your holiday trip and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor, recommending it to the travellers' world even after six months from your stay.

We are delighted that you had an amazing experience in our Italian style hotel being also enchanted by the breathtaking view of the Etna from our Etnea Roof terrace.

Our goal is always to exceed our guests expectations and we are glad that you highly appreciated our services.
It would be our pleasure to have another opportunity to show you our "Made in Italy" hospitality, for which our chain is known throughout the world.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon and we invite also to stay in the other UNA Hotels.

Alicante
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I arrived at the UNA Palace hotel on 29 December 2013 for a one night stay. We had a PREPAID superior room booked. When we arrived they told me that they had a problem with the water in there room and that they had to send us to another hotel.
I know what the "water problem" means... Overbooking!! So I totally understood and changed the hotel leaving my car at the hotel´s parking place. My surprise was when I was sent to a MUCH WORSE hotel where they offered me a room of the size of a shoe box. The receptionist was very nice, but the room was little, dirty, and very noisy.
I called Francesco, duty manager of the hotel apparently, who insisted in saying that the hotel was of the same category... I told him that I had moved out from the UNA hotel, where I had a PREPAID SUPERIOR ROOM, because I knew they were fully booked but that he could not send me to a worse hotel!!
Francesco, after talking with him for 5 minutes, told me that he would try to find something else. He called me after 15 minutes offering me to move to another hotel!! I told him that I was not moving to another place because we were staying in Catania only one day and had already lost enough time moving the first time, talking to him on the phone, etc. He offered us complimentary breakfast at the roof which normally has an extra of €10.00.
I booked the UNA Palace hotel because we like to stay at good hotels with big bedrooms wherever we go. My sister, who has mobility issues and walks with a stick, needs space in the room and, believe me, the hotel they sent us to had NO space whatsoever. As a result we spend an awful night, they did not have twin beds as requested so we had to share one bed plus the noise of the corridor, and my sister did not get proper rest. The following day we could not do much as she felt tired and we wasted another day of our one week holiday.
I made a complaint and asked for a full refund, after all, I paid for a very good hotel, with an upgrade and I was sent to a very low class one in a show box. All I received was an apology and a complimentary upgrade for the next time I stay in a UNA hotel, which will be NEVER since they made money with me on top of all!! EMBARRASSING!!

Room Tip: Chose another hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
UNAHotelPalace, Direttore at UNA Hotel Palace, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Madame,
we would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review even though it does not reflect your stay experience in our hotel where, indeed, you did not overnight unfortunately.
Of course, we have already taken note of your opinion, because our guests’ feedback is essential, in order to check the quality of our service. We apologize for any inconvenience occurred during your stay in the other hotel Il Principe, same category and in the higher positions on Tripadvisor, where you were re-protected thanks to the efficient activity and support of the mentioned coworker, who personally took care of you, even when later after getting your confirmation of disliking for the other hotel single room accommodation, because only then differently from your original booking you were two persons, so that he immediately looked for another hotel with twin room availability, keeping your same booking price, as an additional care for you, but at that time you refused this other alternative.

We are definitely sorry to hear about what happened with your reservation and we can assure you that similar situations are isolate and unusual episodes among our guests.
The satisfaction of our customers is always our main goal, we regret to see that in this case the alternative solutions offered didn’t meet your expectations. For this reason, we kindly ask you to accept our most sincere apologies for what was not to your liking.

Hoping that in the future, you will give us another opportunity to show the truly professional care of our services during another real stay, as per our customer satisfaction office invitation and in the meantime we stay at your disposal at anytime for further info or assistance on this matter.

Very best regards,

Massimiliano Torre
Magog, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed 1 night there before going to Taormina, very good hotel, great location, rooftop very charming with the best view of etna ever, etna its a such a big mountain you need a little distance to realize the imponence of it. Hotel very clean, bathroom very clean and nice. Location great, next morning we walked around town and that was a great food market very close, for those who likes local things,

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
UNAHotelPalace, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at UNA Hotel Palace, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Madame,
thank you for sharing your very nice review about our centrally located hotel, that indeed is the core of the historical and shopping city centre.

We are really glad that you noticed both the comfort and the cleanness of our rooms and above all appreciate the Etnea Roof terrace, where in a suggestive and exclusive ambiance our guests, in fact, can also enjoy tasty courses and typical appetizers, with a breathtaking view.

Then, for another beautiful experience, we invite you to visit the other UNA Hotels & Resorts and all our team will be at your disposal for any assistance you may need in choosing the hotel that you like the most and there too, make your stay comfortable and amazing.

Kindest regards,
Quality and Guest Relation
Nova Lima, MG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed there exactly one year ago and my original impression remains the same. This is a great hotel with first-class service. Unbelievably they even remembered me (like they remembered my nationality). My appointment was quite far from the hotel (close to the airport) but I didn't care; I wanted to stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
UNAHotelPalace, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at UNA Hotel Palace, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Sir,
thank you so much both for recommending again on Tripadvisor our central located hotel and of course for appreciating our “made in Italy” hospitality, a special combination between our team’s attentions and cares of details for guests and modern design, where technology and the link with the baroque style of the territory offer indeed to our guests like you a comfortable stay experience.

It is always a pleasure for us to read that we succeed in living up to your expectations too thanks to our “first-class service”, so that you come here again and we look forward to welcoming you also and soon in the other UNA Hotels all over Italy.

Guest Relations

Been to UNA Hotel Palace? Share your experiences!