“Best Location, Great Service.” 5 of 5 stars

UNA Hotel Palace
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Etnea 218, 95131 Catania, Sicily, Italy   |
Ranked #2 of 103 hotels in Catania
St Julians Malta.
“Best Location, Great Service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Just had a lovely 3 day stay at this Hotel and I must say that I can't find anything to complain about. Rooms are very spacious and clean. Loved the big bathroom. Breakfast was very good with lots to choose from and the staff in the restaurant were really nice and very friendly. Reception staff were also very helpfull especially a girl called Rita who really went out of her way to make us feel welcome and helped in any way she could. You won't find a hotel that is more central than this which is a 4 star but with lots of comfort of a 5 star. I must also add that my 9 year old daughter was with us and this hotel is very child friendly. We will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
UNAHotelPalace, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at UNA Hotel Palace, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Madame,
thank you very much for giving such a positive feedback on Tripdsvisor and sharing with its huge community your desire to come back here again!

Moreover, we are really happy that you enjoyed your stay thanks to our central location and our great service, that we were successful in providing you and making your family experience a lovely one, so that you rewarding us with five stars.

Then, we are waiting for your next stay here and it will be my great pleasure to welcome you here again for another UNA experience, where we take care of you and we lie at heart to anticipate and to overcome our guests' expectations, from the big ones to the tinies.

Heartfelt thanks and all the best,

745 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
Dakar, Senegal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My flight had to divert and I had to stay overnight at this hotel. Check-in was quick and smooth. My room was nice but it was a bit tight because I had a large suitcase which couldn't fit inside the room. I had to leave it in the foyer. I also had no hot water which disappointed me because I really wanted a warm bath after coming in from miserable weather. My quick shower was no better. Breakfast, however, was decent. There was a variety of food to choose from. I arrived very late and departed early, so I did not have a chance to see what else the hotel offered. My stay, despite the lack of a proper bath, was good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
UNAHotelPalace, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at UNA Hotel Palace, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Madame,
thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor and providing your feedback, which is a source of information for us, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps us monitor the service we provide.

We are pleased to learn that you liked the room and that it was a good shelter for your diverted flight emergency but as per our last room availability it was a classic one and in case of oversized bags, we have also a luggage room for them.

We apologize for the proper bath inconvenience, which was immediately solved as soon as our technical staff could check and repair it but as you had to leave very early, because of your working plan, then unfortunately you could neither see it nor have the chance to experience the other quality services that we offer to our guests.

So then, we invite you to come here again for appreciating a more comfortable and relaxing experience, maybe during your holiday trip, and it will be all our team great pleasure and personally mine to welcome you here and make your stay as memorable as many others on this site and others have described it to be.

Best regards,
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had stayed at this hotel a few years ago and was keen to revisit just after Christmas. I was just as satisfied the second time around. Staff are friendly and helpful. Our room was attractively furnished and although it faced the main street was quiet. Beds were comfortable. The bathroom was fine too. Breakfast was good, if not exceptional. The roof terrace is a pleasant spot although of limited use in winter (in spite of fine weather). Do go up there for an impressive view of Etna and perhaps one of the excellent cocktails served by the charming bar staff.
There are plenty of good restaurants in walking distance; we were given sound advice by staff at reception. Do walk down Via Etnea to the very fine square where the cathedral is located and if you enjoy eating fish, there are several inviting restaurants adjacent to the fish market which is just behind the square.

Dear Madame,
firstly we thank you for coming back here again in our Italian style hotel and sharing yuor Christmas' time experience with the big Tripadvisor's community.

Secondly , we are really happy that you liked your stay for the second time thanks to our guests oriented staff, quality services and expecially our hotel central location that allows our guests to enjoy the city movida, in a walking distance and discover more and more of the Sicilian ambiance places.

Therefore, we hope you will come here again also for another visit in our panoramic Etnea Roof, enchanting your senses, both with the panoramic view and our Italian wine and food specialities and whether you want to go on with a unique experience, we invite you to overnight in other "made in Italy" hotels of our chain.

If you would like to, we are at your disposal at anytime to assist you for your next stay in the UNA world,

Kind regards,
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights between Christmas and the New Year 2012. Location if you enjoy shopping is the best, shops in every direction as far as the eye can see. Nice bars and places to eatt also very close by.
Staff at this hotel are very helpfull and eager to help you in any way possible.
The American bar on the 7th floor has nice views over the town and on a clear day of Mount Etna.
The room was smaller than expected but very comfortable. We had a problem with shower, too much hot water, was unable to add cold.
We also had problems with the light switches, there were banks of light switches, each containing 3 switches, we found it impossible to get the lights to switch on, the best we could manage was a small bedside light, We thought we had invented a new adult game a bit like Peek a Boo, plenty of Boo's but no Peek's. There was also a small blue light close to floor which would come on at will. These were small problems and did not spoil our stay. Breakfast was good, very fresh and great service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
UNAHotelPalace, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at UNA Hotel Palace, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Madame,

it is really nice to read your positive review about our central located hotel, where you can enjoy both the city center and the amazing view to the majestic volcano from our roof top terrace, the Etnea Roof. But what makes it really unique, it is not only the breathtaking panorama but also the glamorous ambiance, where a melting pot of modern, baroque and arabic details makes our guests, like you, feel at your ease and comfortable appreciating additionally our personnel attentions and cares and tasting our delicious wines and gastronomic specialities, so then everything fits your taste and preference and even if, our taps and fittings or lightings could maybe be particular in their use, because made up of a forward-looking functioning system, then we are happy that these tiny things did not detract you from having a relaxing and even funny experience with your game.

We definitely look forward to having you here, the kind guest that likes our Etnea view and not only, then discovering the Italian tasty experience that characterized the UNA Hotels and Resorts.

Very best regards,

Swieqi, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was my first time in Catania and I must say that surely it won't be the last. Already from the emails I could realise that the people working at the Una Hotel Palace are very helpful and always ready to answer to all your questions, even when being a person who like me tends to make 20 questions just to ensure that at the end everything will turn out to be a success. So, some of you might think that I am exagerating when giving full points in this review but believe me I'm not. This was my very first time that I felt like being at home when being in a hotel. The staff at the hotel are not only very professional but also extremely friendly, always willing to suggest new places to visit and where to go. The food was delicious not only on the Etnea Roof, where both my mother and myself enjoyed a taste of a sicilian breakfast and an extremely succulent grilled beef, but also on the first floor where we used to have our daily breakfast. The room which we were given was not only very spacious but also very clean. The bed was not only very big and very comfortable but in order to be sure to provide you with the best sleep possible the hotel gives you the possibility to choose the pillow which best fits your requirements. What I can say else ... visit this hotel and experience yourselves not only the comfort but also the friendly environment. I would like to thank all the staff at the hotel for their hospitality especially Daniela who is at the restaurant every morning for everything and Rita who is always at the reception trying to make all the clients happy, well she surely did with us :)

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Madame,

heartfelt thanks for writing such a beautiful feedback about our hotel and for following our advice in sharing it with the huge Tripadvisor community and becoming one of the members, so then you can enjoy in giving your suggesting contribute to the worldwide travelers that like you enjoy, life , people and food. Then, in all UNA hotels every guests is important because we take care of you and your opinion too.

Indeed, we are really happy that we were successful in making you and your mother feel at home far from home, appreciating our care of details, our services , such us the pillow wow choice, our roominess as well as our Etnea Roof panoramic location with our tasty courses and the Sicilian breakfast, and above all our “Made in Italy” hospitality.

All our team and Daniela at breakfast thank you too for the compliments and me especially, I surely look forward to welcoming you here again and in the meantime I also take the chance to invite you again to visit the other Italian design hotels of our chain.

Yours sincerely,
Hamme, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is a very well kept hotel, in a very central location. The staff is clearly eager to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Rooms are kept spotless, breakfast is very good (and if you want it fancier you can take it at the terrace for a modest cost). The hotel restaurant is also excellent; I was very warmly received there by Marco. As for the front desk, all my requests were immediately met, with an excellent service from the late night staff, in particular Guglielmo. If I ever have to go back to Catania there is no doubt in my mind that I will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
UNAHotelPalace, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at UNA Hotel Palace, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Sir,
it is really nice to read your positive feedback and we are really happy that you noticed our attentive staff and our high quality services, so that, you consider us an excellent hotel, mainly appreciating our Etna Roof restaurant, our exclusive top location, where our guests like you can have a tasty and enchanting Italian experience.

So all our team, especially Marco e Guglielmo, look forward to welcoming you here again in the near future and to providing you a pleasant stay that, however, you can have of course, also in the other hotels of our chain, because UNA takes care of you.

Best regards,

Albany, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This hotel is located in the heart of the retail sector of Catania.....we were there just before Christmas and the streets were very busy.

The hotel is well appointed, clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

We had breakfast in the top floor patio/bar/restaurant with a wonderful view of Mt. Etna and we ate dinner there twice.....excellent food and service. From about 7:30 pm they also have a little buffet at the bar that looked delicious.

Our room was spacious and clean with a small desk and chairs that made it comfortable.....the bathroom had 2 showers and a tub.....the only problem was getting really hot water from the showers....the tub worked fine.

The hotel arranged an Etna tour and Fabrizio the guide was great. Because it was winter we could only go up to 2,000 meters (icy roads above that point).....not to the top but it was fun and Fabrizio made it interesting.

We also took a bus to Siracusa....well worth a visit for the architecture, shops, etc.

As noted in other reviews....Catania is not glitzy but go to the open air fish market and see REAL Italy shopping for food......the market area off Piazza Duomo is quite large. Also worth a visit is the Graeco/Roman theatre.....very interesting AND definitely a tour of the Bellini opera house......we had a personal guide and listened to a rehearsal of the orchestra!!!!

Not sure what it is like in summer but I'd say Catania is a good central location for visiting eastern Sicily......We would return!...Ciao!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
UNAHotelPalace, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at UNA Hotel Palace, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Sir and Madame,
thank you very much for writing such a nice and detailed review about you stay in our central Italian design hotel, that you recommend as a great option to the Tripadvisor comunity, for the excellent service that we were successful in providing you, as per your volcanic experience package choice. Indeed, you chose one of our special packages booking directly from our website, which not only allows our guests to enjoy a great experience of the highest active volcano in Europe as well as of the historical city centre but also to get additional benefits, such as room free upgrade, happy hour tasting.

Then, our guests can spend very relaxing moments in our Etnea Roof top location with delicious drinks and appetizers and why not discover more and more, as you did, the typical taste with our additional Sicilian breakfast delights and tasty meals.

Concerning your shower tube use, our technical staff immediately checked and already resolved the temporary difficult mixer manoeuvring and so this superior room was immediately provided as usual with the perfect functioning of the second additional shower set.

We invite you to come here in summer time to go on visiting the other natural and architectonic beauties of Sicily and not only and in this case experiencing the excellence of the other "made in Italy" UNA Hotels.

Yours sincerely,
Rita Monfrini,
Quality and Guest Relation

Been to UNA Hotel Palace? Share your experiences!