“A piece of New York in Catania!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oxidiana

Oxidiana
Via Conte Ruggero 4/A, 95129 Catania, Sicily, Italy (Ognina-Picanello-Stazione)
095 532585
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #84 of 587 Restaurants in Catania
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Neighborhood: Ognina-Picanello-Stazione
Description: Oxidiana opened its doors to diners in October 2001. The restaurant's accomplished chefs - Akira and Take - give you the opportunity to savor some of the freshest, most authentic Japanese cuisine available anywhere, all within a magical atmosphere of image, essence and perfection.The dining experience at Oxidiana is about more than food – it provides a window onto the art, philosophy and culture of a people.A refined, modern space. Impeccable service.Full à la carte menu. Sukiyaki and shabu shabu available on request.sake cocktails, take-out and group catering services are always available, and Japanese cookery courses are run from time to time.Oxidiana, ristorante aperto nell'ottobre 2001, e i suoi chef Akira e Take danno la possibilità di assaporare la freschezza e la genuinità della cucina giapponese, in un magico incontro tra immagine, essenza e perfezione.Non solo cibo, ma arte, filosofia e cultura di un popolo.Ambiente raffinato e moderno. Ottimo il servizio. Menu a la carte completo. Su prenotazione, anche sukiyaki e shabu shabu.Il rito dell'happy hour propone, invece, dei cocktail con sake.Disponibile un servizio di asporto e catering anche per gruppi numerosi.
“A piece of New York in Catania!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011 via mobile

Oxidiana a japanese restaurant in Catania gives you the experience of being in one of the most in places in New York,  Great Ambiance, Great Food, Great Service.
Frequented by Americans, English, Japanese and people from all parts of the world, testament to it's ranking as one of the best, if not the best, Japanese Restaurant in Italy.
If you haven't tried it yet, it is a must!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles
“Fantastic!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

For those of you who are looking for great food, great service and a friendly atmosphere - Oxidiana should not be missed. Though I love to eat at traditional Italian restaurants when visiting Italy, I never miss the opportunity to visit what I consider to be on of the BEST Japanese restaurants in Europe when in Catania. Their menu is quite large and includes several rolls that I have never seen in any other Japanese restaurant. My favorites of these are the "Giro Tonno" , "Take Roll and the "Oshi Sushi"!! Furthermore, the wait staff is incredible - EVERYONE SPEAKS English. My friends and I could have not been happier and to make things even nicer, the barman makes the most fabulous cocktails. I suggest to anyone traveling to Sicily to take a break from pasta and pizza and visit Oxidiana - you will not be disappointed!!!

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Motta Sant'Anastasia, Italy
“only if you are desperate to eat Sushi...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I've had sushi around the world... including Japan. The Sushi is maybe the worst I've ever had and also the most expensive I've ever had (exculding Japan and New York, where the price is nearly comparable to Oxidiana's) Though, if I had a monopoly on certain cousine then I too could probably charge as they do.

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
OxidianaCatania, Proprietario at Oxidiana, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
I decided to make a reply to Mr DocSicily because his review was particularly nasty and absolutely false.
It is very hard for me to believe that our Sushi is the worst sushi that he has
ever eaten in his life. Not only because all of our products are of highest
quality and our that our fish arrives to us fresh from our sea, but mainly
because our chefs, strictly Japanese, work with expertise, with extreme care
and love! I can rest assured that this is why our regular customers dine with
us sometimes 3 times a week and have been doing so for years. If we served the
worst sushi in the world they would have only eaten at our restaurant one time
and then proceeded to run a thousand miles away! Further testimony is from our
staff (well knowing how our sushi is prepared!) often compete with one another
just to take home a little bit of sushi! As far as our prices are concerned, we
are well in line with our competitors (including those with Chinese, Filipino
or South American cooks) In fact, some of our dishes are priced lower than
other take away restaurants who do not offer table service or other amenities
such as dishes, desserts or drinks . wouldn.t one pay much less at this type of
establishment?!I am not sure what Mr. DocSicily means when referring to Oxidana
as a monopoly! In fact, everyone is aware that there are already 8 Japanese
restaurants present in Catania. (and we are not Rome or Milan) I wonder if by
chance, could this be a colleague doing a bit of mud slinging at an
establishment that has been in existence for over 10 years, posing as a