“Near the fish market” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sicilia in Bocca alla Marina

Sicilia in Bocca alla Marina
Via Beato Cardinale G.B. Dusmet, 35, 95121 Catania, Sicily, Italy (Centro Catania)
Website
Neighborhood: Centro Catania
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Near the fish market”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I choose for the Black squid spagetti. Simple, but it looks like the ink fills you up. It blackens your mouth so choose a good whine to pour this away.

Visited November 2012

Moscow, Russia
“Nice place to have your last meal before leaving Sicily to have a good memory”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Try seafood - fresh fish and original Sicilian salat with oranges and onion:)) on Interal open terrace
Nice service and good waitresses

• Visited June 2012
Boston Area, MA
“Great seafood value and wonderful atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I simply loved the seafood and the quiet and charming upstairs dining room. We settled in for a late lunch and were treated to a nearly empty restaurant, wonderful service, and perfectly prepared seafood.

The restaurant was also well positioned for us as cruise-ship visitors. It is only one block away from the central Piazza del Duomo, and a short 5-10 minute walk from the cruise port.

Despite our walking in just before they closed for siesta, our waiter was helpful, friendly, and attentive, handling some tricky dietary needs, and making us feel welcome. I ordered grilled swordfish with grilled vegetable (not on the menu, but a locally popular dish - or so I had read) and it was just delicious. My wife loved her pasta and everyone else enjoyed their own orders - even those items that were not seafood. Like some many restaurants in Italy, we were amazed at the quality of the house wine we were served as well.

I'd be remiss if I didn't also note how helpful the service was when my father THOUGHT he'd accidentally left our credit card at the restaurant. They were closed, but opened up the restaurant and the waiter (who had been leaving and stayed to help) and owners all helped us look for the card. Highly recommended.

• Visited July 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Service with a sea urchin”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Both our guide books recommended Bocca and as soon as we saw the terrace we knew why. It is such a wonderful setting, quiet & outdoors with the dome of the duomo visible in the background. Almost idyllic in the middle of a big city.

Right from the start the service was attentive and personal. Our waiter took time to explain the menu, tell us the specials and answer our questions. He then took me up to take me through the catch of the day and help me pick a special one.

He even asked if we liked sea urchin as there was a special pasta that day.

Antipasti was great; marinated seafod and swordfish carpaccio were well prepared and presented. They tasted fresh and exciting.

The first plate of seafood risotto and pasta was again delicious and served in large portions. A large range of shellfish , tuna and whitefish was perfecfly cooked and delivered in huge portions.

Mains of (self selected) fish of the day and veal were cooked to perfection. And we washed it all down with a litre of excellent house white a bargain at €9.

And the sea urchin? I wasn't quite brave enough but our excellent waiter brought me a good sized sample and next time? maybe!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
South Windsor, CT
“Very good quality and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Ate here with my wife - outdoors - on a wonderful night. The seafood was excellent as expected in Sicily and they had Donna Fugata white wines that we can't get in the states. We recommended ours to some other visitors and they came by later to say they loved it. Service was typical for Italy - deliberately slow. We were in no rush. I recommend the outdoor seating enjoy the view of the streets.

• Visited April 2011