“Fantastic bed and breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Dessole
Via Lamberti, 58, 07026 Olbia, Sardinia, Italy   |
Ranked #9 of 51 Olbia B&B and Inns
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Fantastic bed and breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We had a great start to our trip to Sardinia staying in Olbia at this Bed and Breakfast. We arrived tired after a flight into Olbia, the house is not far from the airport and well located to walk into the centre of town. On arrival we were greeted by the owner and shown to our room. It was a lovely room, plenty of space for two adults and a teenage daughter. The room was well appointed with everything you would need with a good sized ensuite and balcony. The room was clean and comfortable with useful features such as a fridge, complete with a bottle of water and air conditioning.

Breakfast was served downstairs in a small room with a good selection of pastries, yogurts, fruit juice and coffee. We enjoyed the breakfast and ate our fill each morning.

We had a great stay and found the house the ideal base to explore the area. Our only disappointment was the noise from some of the other guests. An alarm going off at 06:30 is one thing but there is no need to sing, so early in the morning.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Business
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

I was accommodated at this B&B Dessole only for one night (6/7.09.2011) but really I could have lived there for long time. The villa is located on a very quit and peaceful street, not very far from the center. Surrounded by a nice and well arranged garden, while you enter you are greeted by Mrs. Garziella,the owner, a young very friendly and helpful lady. The owners are living also in the villa, but having separate entrance, so guests are not at all disturbed. A small lobby, a small breakfast room with only few tables, (because there are only few guest-rooms) then you climb up the stairs and you are in the room.When I opened the door i was pleasantly impressed by the big size of this room (many select hotels have not such rooms / but we are in a villa!) , with one big double bed and another single bed (meaning the room can accommodate 3 persons). There is a fridge (where I found also a big bottle of 2 liter mineral water), TV, air conditioning and what made me wondering a fantastic lighting system. I mean, so many lights in one room I haven't seen often. Lot of hotel rooms or other accommodations provide maybe one single light, and often even that is dark. In my room at the Dessole it was a pleasure with so much light. The room had also a small balcony overlooking the green neighbor garden and a little of the street. Bathroom was well-sized, with all necessary amenities, and same like room,. was extremely clean. Mattress of bed and pillows were soft and allowing me a very good sleep. The house is peaceful and quiet. Near the beds some small soft carpets, and room color is also soft, light, everything contributing to make the guest feel comfortable and creating a relaxing atmosphere. Next morning, i went down for breakfast and there was a small buffet offering typical Italian breakfast (croissants, nuttella, cakes, juice tea or coffee etc). The staff on duty with the cleaning was there, doing her job carefully, watering the garden, arranging rooms so that everything was kept in perfect order. I was really sad that I had to leave this lovely house and room so fast (but I was only in transit on my Sardinia tour - Olbia I have visited on another occasion).And now to mention something about the reservation and price. First the price is extremely cheap for the quality of house they are offering - only 35 Euro/ person. As i was traveling single, I had to pay 45/night (actually this room could accommodate 3 persons), but even this was more than OK, taking into account the high standard of room, house and the friendly host. At this B&B it is possible to make reservation even for one single night (as I did) (other accommodations require a higher number of nights). Mrs. Graziella requires advance payment, but as I was there only for one night, I managed to convince her to make the payment directly at her house. Some tips: as this is a private property, there is no doorman 24 hours available (after checking in you get the keys of room and main door, so you can come and go when ever you want), that's why, the exact time of arrival at the Dessole must be communicated to Mrs. Graziella, to avoid finding nobody to open the door. It is every time advisable (and everywhere) to be correct when making a booking, to communicate with the hosts and to respect the arrival time you mentioned. Concluding, whenever I will return to Olbia (and I'm sure I will!) if not going to my favorite beach, Pittulongu / which is the closest to Olbia) I will just send an e-mail to Mrs. Garziella and get accommodated in her fantastic villa, Dessole. Highly recommended both for long and short stays.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Bed & Breakfast Dessole? Share your experiences!