We stayed here recently for 4 nights, 3 before going to Alghero and 1 on our last night before flying home from Olbia. We chose it as it is very convenient for exploring both the coasts to the North and the South of the city. As has been previously mentioned, Olbia has many flyovers, a tunnel and ring road and as our hire car didn't have sat nav, we had an hour long explore of the city before we found the hotel. Follow road signs to Pallau , then look for Via dei Lidi and Doubletree signs. From previous reviews, I had imagined it more out of town, but you could see the port from our second room, also the camels! Trattoria La Sara is just outside but other restaurants, bars shops etc are over the bridge across the railway and turn right at the roundabout. Turn left to go into the city centre. It didn't do much for us but it wasn't what we came for. The hotel is really contemporary, comfortable, with excellent attention to detail. The rooms were both spacious with balconies, silent fridge, kettle etc and the bathrooms were lovely. We spent quite a lot of time round the pool and enjoyed the small but well equipped gym. The breakfast had a wide choice, largely aimed at the German taste. Contrary to previous reviews, there was lots of fresh fruit, both in a bowl as a fruit salad and whole pieces. Cakes, breads, hot dishes, a coffee machine but also waiter service, it set us up for the day! Lots of car parking, easy to use tv, comfy beds, luxury feel and efficient wifi, though it timed out and needed a new code each day. Helpful multi lingual staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The modern Doubletree Hilton offers a free swimming pool, free Wi-Fi access and a beautiful view on the Sardinian coast. Olbia's historic centre is just a 10-minute walk away.Hilton Doubletree's air-conditioned rooms all have an LCD HD TV with Sky channels and free tea and coffee-making facilities. Most have a furnished balcony overlooking the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Venere, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Olbia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Olbia Hotel Olbia
- Doubletree By Hilton Olbia Sardinia