A great base for exploring the area, easy to park and quiet location just outside of Olbia town centre, but an easy walk into town if you want. However to enjoy Sardinia you do need a car and to get around a car is essential....just be very careful and get full insurance they drive like mad people! lol
We stayed in a double deluxe room and it was fabulous. Luxurious decor, comfy bed and good size, with a huge balcony overlooking the pool and the mountains.
The hotel pool was lovely and always very quiet, breakfast was good and the overall feel of the hotel was very good, very stylish and modern.
All the staff were very friendly, especially at breakfast.
Only Negatives....(and these are minnor things in the grand scheme of things)
It is true the WIFI is a bit dodgy, but then that is to be expected when lots of people are trying to use it at the same time!
The cleaning i was disappointed with, we stayed 5 nights and didn't have our sheets changed once. We did get fresh towels everyday but I did feel that the standard of room cleaning didn't match the rest of the hotel standards.
The Jacuzzi wasn't working, and when i asked at the front desk about this i was told there was nothing they could do. I dont know if it was a communication thing or what but i didnt really expect that from a 4 star hotel.
On our first day one of the lifts broke (we were actually in it when it broke!) and it didn't get fixed for our entire stay (5 nights) so with only 1 lift working you always had to wait ages for it... however this gave me the opportunity to get fit by running up and down the stairs :) If i was elderly though or disabled this could have been an issue..
Everyone else said in their reviews about these wonderful cookies on arrival, which we never got :(
Overall though like I said these negatives are minnor niggles. Overall we loved the hotel really enjoyed our stay and we would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The modern Doubletree Hilton offers a free swimming pool, free Wi-Fi access and a beautiful view on the Sardinian coast. Olbia's historic centre is just a 10-minute walk away.Hilton Doubletree's air-conditioned rooms all have an LCD HD TV with Sky channels and free tea and coffee-making facilities. Most have a furnished balcony overlooking the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Venere, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Olbia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Olbia Hotel Olbia
- Doubletree By Hilton Olbia Sardinia