“Avoid this Holiday Inn Cagliari property” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Cagliari

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Cagliari to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Cagliari
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale Umberto Ticca 23, 090122 Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Cagliari
Pasadena, California
“Avoid this Holiday Inn Cagliari property”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed here three nights on holiday in March 2014. Beginning with a very rude check-in experience with the (male) Reservations and Front Desk Manager, the stay was unpleasant. The location is isolated, in an ugly industrial area, requiring expensive taxi rides to either the airport or city. My wife and I were stuck in one of the two hotel elevators for some time before we were able to claw our way out. No one answered the alarm. When we informed the front desk, they nonchalantly noted that, "Oh, we have trouble with that elevator from time to time." Then why don't you place an Out Of Order sign on it and FIX IT? My wife is claustrophobic and nearly melted down from the experience. She tried to utilize the stairwell to our fourth floor room after that experience but the (inept) hotel management had locked all the stairwell exits and she was again trapped. She had to call me from her cell phone to rescue her. Upon checkout, the Reservations and Front Desk Manager again lost our reservation and tried to tell us we couldn't check out for one more day. Again I had to dig out my hard copy of the reservation details to again prove him wrong. This property management is a disaster. My wife and I have each visited over 200 countries, we are IHG Platinum Ambassador level members and we find this property among the worst in the IHG international chain. They don't belong in the chain, in my humble opinion.
Dr Steven, Pasadena, CA

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
GMHicagliari, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cagliari, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Dr Steven,

thank you for leaving a comment about your recent experience at our Holiday Inn Cagliari, I am sorry to hear that it was not a positive experience and for this I do apologize.

My staff had been trying to provide the best care on site, but from the tone of your message it is clear that we have not been able to meet your expectations and for that I am personally really sorry.

I can assure that your review has stimulated the implementation of our customer care policy and
greater controls on mechanical equipment in the hotel.

Allow me to point out that an outside firm is in charge of maintenance of our elevators and that there have never been such failures that occurred during your stay. Our hotel company imposes us strict rules to be followed and frequent mystery calls to verify the compliance with the required standards.

The safety and well being of our guests are still in first place.

I do hope that my message can reach you and renew my personal and the hotel’s staff apologies.

Best regards,
Gianluca Mosca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Just stayed for 3 nights on business, the hotel is in the middle of no were but is very convenient if working at the airport.

The reception staff are very unfriendly, no matter how small the request was it seemed like hard work. the only friendly time was when i was checking out.

The restaurant was VERY poor, there menu has " menu of the day" but its not changed in months. very limited, and has about 1 pasta dish on it and NO pizza !!! come on we are in Italy we want pizza.

Luckly there is a pizzeria just outside the hotel that is fantastic.

the rooms were as expected, although the walls are paper thin and you can hear everything.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GMHicagliari, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cagliari, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for leaving a comment about your recent experience at our Holiday Inn Cagliari, we are sorry to hear that it was not a totally positive experience and for this we do apologize.

Particularly, I am very sorry to hear you were not satisfied about the offer of our restaurant, for which we usually receive a lot of congratulations.

I do hope you could consider our hotel as alternative in Cagliari for your future stay and give us a second chance.

With my best regards,
Gianluca Mosca
Vilnius, Vilniaus Apskritis, Lithuania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Nice place with proper breakfast and friendly staff, but the location is a disaster. Take a taxi to get out of there. Btw taxi will charge you for picking up (!). Reasonable price taxi number is: 39-3701008001 or 070 40010.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed over on a Tuesday night, I arrived quite late and checked straight in, my room that was allocated was on the 4th floor. Room looked good and was of a good standard. I decided to get some dinner and ventured down to the hotel restaurant, the menu was not to my liking so I headed out of the hotel. If you turn right out of the hotel entrance and walk 200 meters up the road there is a bar/pizzeria/restaurant...... They don't speak English but I managed to order a pizza and a beer with hand signals and a dodgy accent - food was great and for a much better price than the hotel!

Slept great, put some ear plugs in as I'm a light sleeper and all hotels have people that like to open/shut doors at strange hours! In fact I slept so good I almost missed breakfast... Which is served until 1000 local time. Was the usual selection but tasted good.

I saw they had a gym and a small outside pool..... WIFI was €3 for an hours access, but you could use it for 30 mins and then log out, and the remainder of the time is saved for next time you log in.

Taxi to the airport was 17 euros.

Things that the hotel should improve on:

1. Offer a shuttle bus to/from the airport
2. Everybody offers free WIFI these days
3. Hotel restaurant doesn't offer pizza? Being in Italy I want pizza!
4. TV channel selection was limited, please offer more international channels.

Recommend for airport stay over

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed over for one night on the way back home from Sardinia. The hotel is good value for the money although the location is not optimal for the ones who wish to see Cagliari without a car. Airport is not far away but staying here requires a car. The rooms are nice and the breakfast was also good. Nice service as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Budapest, Hungary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have been to a lot of IHG hotels before, but this was the worst by now.
The rooms are not so cozy.
We went to this hotel only because it was an emergency to have some rest before our flight, at least a couple of hours.
The neighborhood did not seem to be as good as I would expect but yeah, it is at least close to Elmas Airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cagliari, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear yousayimtrippin,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We would like to apologize for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay and any inconvenience you may have encountered. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Marrakech, Morocco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

First of all getting to this hotel is a nightmare. It is in an industrial area and no direct freeway access. You can see it from the freeway, but can't get to it. Plus the first hotel in Europe to not have breakfast inc, and charge for Internet in the lobby. This is a bigger problem as there are little options for restaurants or cages to eat or use wifi. Close to airport, but so is city centre. I cannot recommend this hotel, and it is far from a deal. They even charge for parking

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cagliari, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear bsena,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. I apologize for the shortfalls during your recent stay with us. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Cagliari? Share your experiences!