My wife and I stayed here three nights on holiday in March 2014. Beginning with a very rude check-in experience with the (male) Reservations and Front Desk Manager, the stay was unpleasant. The location is isolated, in an ugly industrial area, requiring expensive taxi rides to either the airport or city. My wife and I were stuck in one of the two hotel elevators for some time before we were able to claw our way out. No one answered the alarm. When we informed the front desk, they nonchalantly noted that, "Oh, we have trouble with that elevator from time to time." Then why don't you place an Out Of Order sign on it and FIX IT? My wife is claustrophobic and nearly melted down from the experience. She tried to utilize the stairwell to our fourth floor room after that experience but the (inept) hotel management had locked all the stairwell exits and she was again trapped. She had to call me from her cell phone to rescue her. Upon checkout, the Reservations and Front Desk Manager again lost our reservation and tried to tell us we couldn't check out for one more day. Again I had to dig out my hard copy of the reservation details to again prove him wrong. This property management is a disaster. My wife and I have each visited over 200 countries, we are IHG Platinum Ambassador level members and we find this property among the worst in the IHG international chain. They don't belong in the chain, in my humble opinion.
Dr Steven, Pasadena, CA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a propitious position from the city centre and from its main connecting ways, Holiday Inn Cagliari is the perfect starting point to visit the principal Sardinian town, its amenities and themost renowned Sardinian tourist areas. The hotel is only 4 km far from Cagliari - Elmas International Airport and it’s about 4 km far from the city centre, that makes it the best place for business stay or for holidays. The Hotel is provided with 92 rooms of which 69 classic rooms and 23 executive rooms, all of them guarantee comforts and the most advanced technologies of a up-to-date 4 stars Hotel: individually controlled air conditioning, sound-proofing, direct telephone with voice mail, T.V. color 20’’, satellite television, Pay per view, minibar, radio, HDSL Internet line wired or WI FI, electronic door lock, clock radio, electronic PC safe, bathroom provided with bathtub or shower and hairdryer. In the executive rooms are also available dedicated amenities among them a soft bathrobe, a trousers press and a comfortable working desk and armchair.Holiday Inn Cagliari has the ideal setting for meetings and seminars, it disposes of wide meeting rooms equipped to fit, in a professional and refined way, to events from 10 to 400 persons.The welcoming “Vecchia Darsena” Restaurant and the American Bar “Le Saline”, are the ideal place for cocktails, business lunches, buffets or celebration parties. Guests have free access to an indoor car park and to an outdoor swimming pool, to a well equipped Fitness Centre with sauna and steam bath. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Venere, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Cagliari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cagliari Hotel Cagliari
- Cagliari Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Cagliari Sardinia