I stayed over on a Tuesday night, I arrived quite late and checked straight in, my room that was allocated was on the 4th floor. Room looked good and was of a good standard. I decided to get some dinner and ventured down to the hotel restaurant, the menu was not to my liking so I headed out of the hotel. If you turn right out of the hotel entrance and walk 200 meters up the road there is a bar/pizzeria/restaurant...... They don't speak English but I managed to order a pizza and a beer with hand signals and a dodgy accent - food was great and for a much better price than the hotel!
Slept great, put some ear plugs in as I'm a light sleeper and all hotels have people that like to open/shut doors at strange hours! In fact I slept so good I almost missed breakfast... Which is served until 1000 local time. Was the usual selection but tasted good.
I saw they had a gym and a small outside pool..... WIFI was €3 for an hours access, but you could use it for 30 mins and then log out, and the remainder of the time is saved for next time you log in.
Taxi to the airport was 17 euros.
Things that the hotel should improve on:
1. Offer a shuttle bus to/from the airport
2. Everybody offers free WIFI these days
3. Hotel restaurant doesn't offer pizza? Being in Italy I want pizza!
4. TV channel selection was limited, please offer more international channels.
Recommend for airport stay over
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in a propitious position from the city centre and from its main connecting ways, Holiday Inn Cagliari is the perfect starting point to visit the principal Sardinian town, its amenities and themost renowned Sardinian tourist areas. The hotel is only 4 km far from Cagliari - Elmas International Airport and it’s about 4 km far from the city centre, that makes it the best place for business stay or for holidays. The Hotel is provided with 92 rooms of which 69 classic rooms and 23 executive rooms, all of them guarantee comforts and the most advanced technologies of a up-to-date 4 stars Hotel: individually controlled air conditioning, sound-proofing, direct telephone with voice mail, T.V. color 20’’, satellite television, Pay per view, minibar, radio, HDSL Internet line wired or WI FI, electronic door lock, clock radio, electronic PC safe, bathroom provided with bathtub or shower and hairdryer. In the executive rooms are also available dedicated amenities among them a soft bathrobe, a trousers press and a comfortable working desk and armchair.Holiday Inn Cagliari has the ideal setting for meetings and seminars, it disposes of wide meeting rooms equipped to fit, in a professional and refined way, to events from 10 to 400 persons.The welcoming “Vecchia Darsena” Restaurant and the American Bar “Le Saline”, are the ideal place for cocktails, business lunches, buffets or celebration parties. Guests have free access to an indoor car park and to an outdoor swimming pool, to a well equipped Fitness Centre with sauna and steam bath. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Venere, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Cagliari reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cagliari Hotel Cagliari
- Cagliari Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Cagliari Sardinia