“staff are so excellent and location is superb, could not ask for more!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aurora

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cagliari
Aurora
Salita Santa Chiara, 19, 09124 Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy   |
Ranked #24 of 31 hotels in Cagliari
Toronto, Canada
“staff are so excellent and location is superb, could not ask for more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

okay I have to say a big THANK YOU to staff from here, especially Luigi and Francesco, for being patient with all my questions and making me feel so welcome, and catering to all my needs. I asked them about everything, and Luigi, although he did not speak English, would use the internet to translate his answers. Comfy room, but it is not soundproof at all. I slept in and missed a lot during the day because there were loud children screaming every morning from 8am. besides that, I could nto complain. It was one of the cheapest, i had a shared bathroom which was only used by one other room. Sink in the room though. includes a pastry and hot beverage from a nearby cafe. As a solo female traveller, this is one fo the places i felt the safest. Cagliari si a small city easy to get everywhere on foot. grocery near the bus station where i stocked up on snacks. you don't even have to walk anywhere for your entertainment and food. downstairs on the same street there was a restaurant which has live music most nights. lovely. gelato and pasta, shopping, buses, everything was at your doorsteps. go to Villasimius for a day trip. nice beach and village. the only thing is that it was low season so a lot fo attractions were nonexistent. I found it difficult to find thigns to do, but I still had a good time. I would go back to Sardinia, but check out the north. few days in Cagliari is enough.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

24 people have reviewed this hotel

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed there for one night, it was horrible. Just bellow our balcony first the people was shouting - cause there a bar - later at 3 am to 4:30 am a huge and noise cleaning machine was washing the street. Make everybody in the hotel Unable to sleep at all.

• Stayed June 2011
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

Clean and large rooms just near the old city walls, very convenient location. However, very cold rooms with no heating and very noisy rooms facing the street due to pedestrain traffic and morning markets. Included breakfast was only a stale croissant and coffee.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

Very centrally located hotel with many bars and restaurants on the doorstep. Lovely old
building but no parking nearby. Closest place to park is a pay carpark up 100 steps to the back of the hotel, though if you time it right you can park at the hotel end of the car park on the road for free!

We arrived about 11pm and I think the staff stay late to give you the room keys etc. The
following night the reception was closed in the evening and all the staff go home, leaving the guests to fend for themselves (which is no problem!). Staff are very helpful though.

The rooms are very "rustic", almost hostel like. The big wooden doors don't quite shut
properly and we were concerned you can just pull them open and walk into the room. We'd paid for en-suite but the toilet seat was on the floor! We mentioned it to the guy on the desk who gave us the 1st night for a cheaper price and fixed it in the morning.

Room has aircon and a table and chairs, overall a good size.

The only real problem I had with this hotel was the noise from outside. There are a couple of bars right below which don't seem to shut, and the street seems to be the in place for drunks to hang out too. There was a crowd of 100 or so people right outside, so it was very noisy until about 5am. Then the market deliveries start so it really is non stop noise. Even with the double doors onto the small bancony closed it is VERY noisy. I would ask for a room at the back if I stopped there again. Definately take earplugs!

Also the breakfast was not good. Just 1 small pastry and a cup of tea/coffee at a deli round the corner. 2 items instead of 1 would be sufficient, we always had to buy extra ourselves. Bearing in mind the price we paid for the hotel I think they could be more generous with the "breakfast".

Overall it was quite a nice hotel, I'd call it a 2 star, though a bit overpriced in my opinion
for the hostel feel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Crested Butte, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

My husband and I had uncharacteristicly different opinions about this place, where we spent one night in July, 2010. He loved the friendly helpful staff, the clean quiet room, the great location in the middle of the city and the very reasonable price for Sardinia. While I agree with all that, I had trouble with the chipped paint and beat-up furniture and a slight mildewed damp smell which gave me allergies, even though I know it's probably to be expected in a building that's hundreds of years old. He'd give it 5 stars, I'd give it 3, so I split the difference. It was fun to be in the center of town but be aware, this is a basic hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

I stayed here for 5 nights with my boyfriend. Rooms are basic but comfortable. The location is excellent. There are two excellent bars right outside the bed and breakfast. Restaurants and shops are right on the doorstep too. The staff were friendly and helpful. Overall a great experience- would definatly recommend.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Europe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

The location of Aurora is really good. We only stayed here for one night. The room is rather small and a little old. The bed was small and the mattress was bigger than the bed itself... Breakfast is in a coffee place nearby.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Aurora? Share your experiences!