“Great Place right in the heart of old Cagliari” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Place Cagliari

You added The Place Cagliari to your Saves list
The Place Cagliari
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Sant'Efisio, 59/61, 09124 Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy   |
Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Cagliari, Italy
“Great Place right in the heart of old Cagliari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed there for our wedding night, we live here in Cagliari and we could not have been happier with this decision.
My husband rented the room as a surprise for me to change and then spend the night there after the wedding. Luca (the owner) and his wife Cristina were super nice and professional. They agreed to give us an early check-in, and when we got there we found appetizers and drinks as amenities for me and my Bridal party.
The room was impeccable and the furniture and bedding was first class; the location is perfect because you are walking distance from the restaurant and shopping area. I definitely recommend this place to all of my guests and visiting relatives.
It's more of a Hotel than a B&B.
Thank you again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Auburn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This B&B is great! Located on a narrow street that many taxi drivers don't want to venture down. Luca was wonderful. He e-mailed us to make sure he'd be there for us when we arrived via taxi from the airport at 11:30pm. Unloading our baggage from the taxi and looking around nervously for the right address, we were warmly greeted by him and taken to our room. We loved our room and the wonderful breakfasts! The first of which was sent to me by tray, in bed, at the insistence of the lovely woman working that morning. (I wish I'd known her name!) as I had slept in and missed it in the dining room. Entire staff was warm, inviting, accommodating and friendly. A special 'Thank you!' to Luca, Nicolas and the dear woman who prepared my breakfast tray. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and would definitely return. I highly recommend The Place to anyone traveling to Sardinia. Walking distance to everything you need.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hoeselt, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The welcome by Luca was great. Service more than ok. Very friendly owners. The location in the Via Efisio is also good, very centrally located and not far from the parking lots on Via Margherita. Very highly recommended and price / quality ratio is very good, not expensive for a beautiful city like Cagliari! I had requested a surprise to care for my partner's birthday, which went extremely well, even more than that! We will definitely come back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Great little B&B right in the centre of things, close to old town, within easy walk of everything. Couple who own it are very helpful, knowledgeable and know the good places to eat. Room spotless, breakfast excellent, free wi-fi which works well. Highly recommend.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The Place is located 10-15min from the airport being charged 20 euros one way (although I think the locals simply pay around 10 euros for a taxi) in the historic part of Cagliari, so having everything some 10-20min walk around.

Sant' Efisio where The Place is located, is a small road and you enter The Place with the reception/breakfast area on the right, a room on the left and stairs leading to the second floor where you have two rooms on the left and a massive suite on the right, stopping on the first floor where there is a similar layout.

I chose The Place purely because of the rooms' decoration as I wanted to stay in a typical Sardinian house - what I did not realise is that I will be having the usual Sardinian noises. The owner clearly paid lots of attention to each room's decoration but did not deal at all with the noises between the room. What is most annoying is that despite exchanging so many calls and emails telling him how light I sleep he insisted on taking the Golden room situated on the first floor saying is the ony one available, to be shown the room on the ground floor upon arrival despite telling him in advance that I found that very claustrophobic and eventually to be given the room on the top (second) floor overlooking the street saying is a very quiet room!!!!!!!!!

Unless you are a man who sleeps and snores, trust me, no way you cannot sleep in that house without hearing everything, as other women confirmed ,who just like me they were woken up whilst their partners slept undisturbed. An array of noises coming from the cats on heat at the nearby derelict house coupled with dogs barking furiously at them all night long, then having the peace of the street disturbed by cars or motorcycles every hour, plus somebody who sounded like the milkman early in the morning and these were only the sounds of the street. Inside you can hear everything from your neighbour walking in the suite near yours, moving the doors, flushing the toilet or the toilet business he is having, the running of the water besides even understanding word by word the language they are talking. Plus hearing the noises made by some Italian woman when walking on the bare floors on the massive suite on the other side of the staircase that passes throught the middle of the building.

1. The rooms are beautifully decorated but what a pity there are no carpets or even sleepers on the cold floors, therefore affecting my delicate back, no kettle to have a cuppa after the long day and only a rather tiny shower and not a bath to soak in.
2. There is though a small fridge to put your water or milk, as most of the place is taken by their 3 Euros 330ml beer or 2 Euros 330ml water or juice!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. For early November the room was rather cold and the closing of the shutters did not help as the air con was too noisy to leave it throughout the night.
4. But you have a small TV with channels only in Italian if you are woken up (trying to rest after a long day) after 7pm by the arrival of a new guest on the ground floor and with the owner speaking ever so loud all the time. He should have known better, but hey, he is the same guy who looked at me over the shoulder when I asked for 3 extra shampoos to wash my hair (I got only one extra) and then turning to say to some guests something that didn't sound like it was a nice thing. Maybe because it was less than 24h since my arrival and he already charged my credit card as I discovered later. I only thought it was polite to pay when he asked me upon my arrival!!!!!!!!!!! but surely to you, just the way it sounded to me at the time, this is very strange indeed.
5. The breakfast runs between 8-10am and you are brought a glass of juice at the table, together with the hot water for your tea or coffee. The rest of the breakfast is displayed in a small cabinet and is A salami/ham/cheese/small tomatoes probably to minimise the expenditure. Plus some varieties of croissants, porridge, fruits but nothing fancy.
6. During the day, up to 6pm seems to be the quietest, so you can return at The Place and have a nap just like the rest of Sardinians who seem to be complaining the economy is so bad, yet they close all the shops, churches, museums etc with the exception of multinational chains of shop.

Conclusions: This is the first and the last time I will ever stay in a place like this, more important that being in a place nicely decorated, I prefer to stay in a place where I can try to have a decent sleep. And to have a feeling that a tourist is not good until he/she pays and the situation changes afterwards.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sprimont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Great situation in the center of Cagliari -
Perfect welcome with all requested information as to what to see, where to eat. Spotless rooms , amazing suite Regina. And home made cakes for breakfast , really excellent stay!!!

• Stayed November 2012
Volos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Nice bed and breakfast in the center of the historic center. Great breakfast, very friendly team. The only bad thing is that the rooms are a little bit noisy. Also there is no telephone in the room. But there is a wi-fi.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Place Cagliari? Share your experiences!