“Great fish menu” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Reading
“Great fish menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We liked this place as it was excessively hot in Cagliari that evening and we wanted to eat inside. I was a bit annoyed as there was a big screen showing MTV and my kids were very distracted from the food. The food as per previous reviews was the set menu which was good as you are just provided with the typical food in sittings. The food came out quickly which is excellent when you have kids. The only issue is that we felt a bit under pressure to keep eating and the staff were a little blunt. The idea is that with the set menu you start eating and they just keep bringing you food. Of course the bill gets bigger and bigger as well as your tummy, so you have to ask them to stop. I would recommend it though but keep that in mind. This restaurant is linked with Su Cumbindu and is very similar except for this one specialises in fish the other specialises in meat.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London
“Menu boards outside, ask if they have it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I was a little suspicious of the garish menu boards hanging outside, usually the only two things that put me off more is a waiter hustling for work outside and the chef sitting outside with the rest of the staff. But I went in anyway and was early enough to bag a table facing a big screen showing football. They do have menus inside unlike Su Cumbida which shares the same business card and some reviewers may have muddled the two. The sliced Bottarga salad probably contains too much fennel for most peoples taste. The salad is a do it yourself of celery, vine tomatoe, radishes and more fennel, this comes with Sardinian bread, water and a pitcher of wine as part of the meal. The Boar stew came on a wooden curved platter and was actually very moist and tasty, rosemary potatoes too small to be roast properly. The service was brusque at first but mellowed after I had ordered, the waiter had a very lairy crowd on a nearby table to deal with, but had time to fetch me more wine. Sardinian sweets and sweet wine with coffee to finish. It seems I had the €25 menu.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brussels, Belgium
“Horrible tourist trap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012 via mobile

The owner is rude. After noticing that we could not eat the entire plate, He threw the rest of the dish in my boyfriend's plate...with an angry face, saying : finish! Si! But we couldn't. The typical food was tastless compared to all the places we've been. The quality of the wine was so poor, i could not drink it. The bill was at least 15% higher then in an other place. Worst meal of the trip.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cagliari
“Good food, just eat and do not try to order!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Don't expect menu cards here, just see what they bring. Rich choice of Antipasti and red wine that are brought without further questions, then, if you can, decide between primi and secondi courses. If you stop after the antipasti (fish and meat, sesonal products), the Dolci desserts with sweet Moscato wine are a must. Good quality food, menus staring from 16 Euros

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Groningen, The Netherlands
“fantastic lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

We came here by incident, they served different menu's we, chose the 13 euro menu, my friend is vegetasrian, me I eat fish. The waiter gave us not very much choice, so we thought: oke, suprise us! How good it was: an appetizer: roasted very good bread with garlic an lots of good olives, then a primi of exeptional quality (Sardinian pasta with fruti di mare) after that, fresh made fruit, and then a great postre with 4 different great fresh cookies with nice Dessert wine, and after that a perfect espresso! did I mention that we had an half ;litre of white wine with it? this cost us only 13 euro a person!!!! incredible. This is the real Italian cuisine, trust the waiter, don't ask foar the menucard. Absolutely great !!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere