“Excellent pizza” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Cagliari, Italy
“Excellent pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is considered by locals as a place that has one of the best pizzas in town. And that's for a good reason. The pizza dough is very tiny and the pizza itself very large. The toppings vary from very traditional ones to more extravagant: e.g. I have recently tried their "salmon+ginger" and found it really interesting (and very tasty).
The place is generally full (not only on weekends), which means you always have to make a reservation. The ambience is elegant and the service is good. The only negative note is the fact that they serve tap water but you pay the same price as if you were getting bottled one. In general, prices are really fair.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Munich, Germany
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

One of the best pizzas I've ever eaten in my life. Also the rest of the menu is very good. great Service and quality.

Visited September 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Huge Pizza! A bit soggy in the middle....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This pizzeria we were told was the best in town so we gave it a go as soon as we could. Like most places in Cagliari it doesn't open until 20:00 and closes around midnight. It's also open only 5 days a week so if you want to go you don't have much of a window of opportunity!

I found the waitress very very friendly and welcoming. She showed us to our seat and took our drinks order. They have quite a nice draught beer from Scotland which I tried and very much enjoyed.

My friend and I ordered a Pizza each which came in what seemed to be only 5 minutes! I guess because they are so thin it doesn't take very long to cook them. The pizza were absolutely gigantic - I don't think I've ever seen a pizza so big!

At first I was really enjoying my food but as I got closer to the middle I found the consistency to be very soggy. It was like eating a pancake with tomato sauce on it. We speculated that perhaps we were just unlucky and that they had misjudged the cooking time by a minute or so. I asked another friend about it later however an he told be that that is how Pizzas should be in southern Italy?? If this is so then I stand corrected. Either way, I was hoping for thin and crispy not thin and soggy.

To be honest one pizza would have been enough for two people. I would definitely try this place again though as although not exactly to my liking I think maybe we were just unlucky. The positive reviews on here speak for themselves.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Maybe we were unlucky”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We read the complimentary reviews and listened to the recommendations from local colleagues, so visited this restraurant with great expectations.
The restaurant is open Monday to Saturday from 20:00 and is easily located near the marina on via Napoli.

The ambience, music and atmosphere is pleasant, modern and welcoming, along with the friendly and helpful waitresses who greeted us immediately on entering.

The menu has an excellent selection of pizzas and a few antipasto and pastas.

Both myself and my colleagued ordered a pizza each, however upon delivery we realised that the pizza was an incredibly generous size, which you could easily share with two or even three people. The pizza was on a incredibly thin base, like the best pizzas are. However, the dissapointment was that the pizza base was quite soft, and not crispy as I'd been lead to expect. I suspect that we were just unlucky, and would like to give this restaurant a try again if I get have the opportunity.

As an aside they had a Scottish Beer 'Bulldog' on draft.

Total cost for two pizzas, a bottle of sparkling water and two small beers: 27 euro.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London
“Really good food, really good prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

They serve some gigantic pizzas for a pretty fair price. Go early or make a reservation, because it fills up fairly quickly.

Visited May 2012