The hotel is located below lovely pine trees, directly over the very beautiful bay of Porte Conde. It has a large swimming pool, a tennis court, a diving club and even a synthetic football playground. Sounds attractive ? It should. Unfortunately, the hotel has a vast collection of cons, which makes it a poor choice overall, especially for the high price asked (well over 200 euros per night in August):
- there is almost no air conditioning. I know it sounds hilarious for a 4 stars hotel, but during our 3 days there, temperature could not go below 28 degrees in our two rooms. This is not an accident: their system is just not calibrated for the august heat. Their technician even tried the silly argument that '28 degrees is a good temperature for sleeping' (sic).On top of it, they switch it off betwen 2am and 2 pm (?!), officially to limit energy use so as to protect environment ( a real joke, condidering said electricity comes anyway from a plant which is hundred miles away)
- the room are very basic, despite a recent refurbishing
- the room maintenance is also looking for savings: we got soap and shampoo on the first day. Nothing at all for the two other nights...
- the quality of the products served for the breakfast, with the usual exception in Italy of coffee) is very poor: elastic bread, tasteless croissant, a few bad looking fruits...
- do not expect enjoying quietly the scenery during the day: you'll be bothered by a noisy, cheap and painful animation shouting stupidities in a microphone ( and sometimes at night up to 23.30)
- last but not least, every single item is overpriced. A coca coka ? 4 euros. A bad super small sandwich ? 8 euros. Walk 25 metres on the left on the beach to the hotel next door and you will pay the same items 2 and 4 euros respectively ( except of course that their 4 euros sandwich tastes better than the 8 euros one of corte rosada)
Conclusion: a nice scenery is not everything. They ruin it by the very poor quality of the service.
- Also Known As:
- Corte Rosada Hotel
- Hotel Corte Rosada Alghero, Sardinia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel has been renovated and re-qualified in 2010 and the company has given the responsibility to a new manager in charge. His name is mr. Pietro Dessena.The hotel is located in the charming and peaceful bay of Porto Conte straight on the beach, only a few km from the famous town center of Alghero and only 11 km from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your Hotel Corte Rosada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.