“Looking forward to come back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of B&B Cuscino & Cappuccino

Save Saved
You added B&B Cuscino & Cappuccino to your Saves list
B&B Cuscino & Cappuccino
Via Vittorio Veneto 24 | angolo via Vittoriio Emanuele, 07041 Alghero, Sardinia, Italy   |
Ranked #19 of 211 Alghero B&B and Inns
London
“Looking forward to come back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

My friend and I just came back from our trip in Italy. We were visiting friends and decided to have a quick trip to Sardinia. At first we wanted to stay a day in Alghero and two in Cagliari...
But Francesco's (the owner of the B&B) hospitality was so warm, the B&B so comfortable and the town so relaxing, that we stayed all three days in Alghero. We had a room with a balcony - very spacious, simple, but beautiful. The B&B is well located and the parking is just downstairs on the street (free of charge).
We really crushed into Alghero! :) The first day we walked around the town - it’s a really lovely place! The weather was so warm already and we went to the beach (5 minutes walking to the nearest beach, but we rent a car and it took us arox.20minutes to find one of the best beaches just outside Alghero (Lazareto)); next day we went to Capo Cachia and some places Francesco suggested - magnificent panoramic places! The last day we went site seeing to Castelsardo and Sassari. Unfortunately we had to leave that day!
We also went to one of restaurants Francesco suggested and we ate our stomachs full with very delicious traditional Sardinian food!
I hope I will come back to Alghero in summer and when I do, I will with no doubt stay in Cuscino e Cappuccino!

Room Tip: Ask for the room with a balcony. Its big!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Northern Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Highly recommended. We had never used a b and b abroad before and were pleased with everything about this one. My husband pointed out that the price compared well with youth hostels! Nobody expects four star luxury from a ba and b but this was surprisingly good. The bed was comfortable (though squeaky) and the decor was fresh. The bathroom was great. There was enough privacy and quiet, although the main road is nearby, and the owner, Francesco, couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. A good blend of privacy and friendliness.

Room Tip: We had the Sardegna room and thought it was excellent.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Guangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I had traveled to Sardinia with my friend in August 2011. We stayed in Cuscino&Cappuccino for almost a week and our stay here was totally perfect. Before I had quiet bad experience staying in Milan's B&B, so this time for me it was important to have something better than that. But I was satisfied by everything! The room that was decorated in Sardinian style, was very nice, cozy and clean. We also had our own bathroom. Every morning we were enjoying just very delicious Italian breakfast with yogurt, croissantеs, cheese, fruits and coffee or cappuccino. The hosts Franchesko and Maria are very friendly, smiling and always ready to help. And was is more important than to know that someone takes care of you?! I would like to highly recommend this B&B to everyone.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Riga, Latvia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

we really enjoy our stay in alghero in b&b cuscino&cappuccino. Marija and Francesco were really kind, gave us all the informations and suggestions of what to do in nice city of Alghero.
Our room (Sardinian style) was cosy and big enough, with airconditioner and bathroom en-suite. Breakfast continental. B&b is in the center, just 3 minute walking distance from old town or 5 minutes from lido beach (we could go to beach in early november!).
thanks guys!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

This is an amazing B&B: it is located in a great spot very close to all the places you want to be in Alghero! The rooms are lovely and all very unique - you feel like at home, albeit refurbished and clean!! And most of all, Maria, who is working there, is one of the best hosts I have ever met: always smiling, helpful and simply an amazing girl! Thanks for a great time!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Valencia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

I travelled to the amazing island of Sardinia in July '2011. Since I'm a type of person who plans his trips very properly and accurately, I've spent quite a lof of time reading reviews about B&Bs available in Sardinia.. After reading numerous reviews eventualy I've opted for "Cuscino & Cappuccino" and now when I'm back from my journey I can surely say this was a very correct decision to go for this "B&B"!!! Below let me explain why do I say so?
For starters I was very nicely surprised that the owner named Francesco and his partner Maria (very nice, super-friendly and very hospitable lady) offered to pick me up from the airport. When I arrived from Dusseldorf they were already waiting for me in the airport. When we arrived to the place itself both of them were very caring and nice. Given that I am a very demanding person when it comes to cleanliness (especially cleanliness of the bathroom!) I can honestly say that my room looked very clean, nice and tidy. I immediately checked the bathroom - it was clean and spacious.
Breakfasts served in the mornings were exactly what I've expected - cereals, croissants, pastries, eggs, cheese, ham, etc. In other words - everything that you could possibly wish in the morning. Hence everything was great also when it came to breakfasts!
One thing I would really like to put an emphasis on is how hospitable, nice and friendly both Maria and Francesco have been to me! They also helped me to plan all of my trips, advised the routes I should take, shared the guides and all sorts of valuable information.
All in all I was very satisfied with the services I received and it is definitely GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY that I've paid! Highly recommend this B&B to everybody!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
North East Lincolnshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

Francesco the owner was very helpful prior to our stay, answering our emails. We stayed here for a week, travelling up from Cagliari and returning there afterwards. Fransceso gave us good advice about how to travel across Sardinia. We kept him informed by text of our expected arrival time.
It was a bit of a shock to be met by his partner, Maria, on the evening we arrived, having travelled over 3 and a half hours by bus, and then walking with our cases from the bus stop, with a rather blunt statemement that she had been awaiting our arrival (implying we were late, which we weren't). What we were was hot and sticky and thirsty: I should not have had to ask for a cold drink!
Our room did not look as attractive as the website photo: I think it was the ethnic room. The wood made it feel dark. Nor did the website state that the B and B is on a corner above a busy intersection, so it wasn't quiet and we had to keep the windows closed. There was plenty of storage space, and the room was large. The shower/toilet room was small and had no extractor fan, which it really needed. We arrived on Saturday and it wasn't cleaned again until Tuesday.
Breakfasts were served in the kitchen: the plastic imitation lace table cloth was horrible. While we stayed there, Fransceso and Maria went away on a break, although he returned after three days. Breakfasts on these days were prepared by Nadia, rather than Maria and Nadia came in each of these days and cleaned too. She was much more friendly and pleasant than Maria. What was on offer was basic: crossaints in wrappers, UHT milk for cereals, white bread toast, juice and yoghurts. Sometimes cheese and meat was on offer, but not always offered to us!
It was only a 10 minute walk to the old town, and we enjoyed Alghero old town and the trips we made to other places.
We have stayed in a variety of Italian B and Bs for a similar price and this was the most disappointing. I am sure that we could have done better elsewhere. Would I recommend it? Hmmmmm........no, I don't think I would.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to B&B Cuscino & Cappuccino? Share your experiences!