“Perfect place to stay for a relaxing trip” 5 of 5 stars

via Logudoro N 26, Alghero, Sardinia, Italy   |
Ranked #5 of 225 Alghero B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stuttgart, Germany
“Perfect place to stay for a relaxing trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I flew into Sardinia for the weekend and stayed at Gemma's B&B. I absolutely loved the place! The location was perfect...close enough to old town, bus still near the beach. It was great to be able to walk everywhere. The B&B itself was adorable...My boyfriend and I shared one room while another couple had the other room. It was prettty spacious and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was not ensuite, but that wasn't really a problem. Everything was REALLY clean. Gemma and/or her husband comes through and cleans every day. It was literally spotless. Breakfast in the morning was excellent. It was nice that she asked us what time we wanted it...Some B&Bs only serve at a certain time and if you have to leave or what not, then you just don't get breakfast. Which is a shame especially since you already paid for it. Gemma let us pick when we wanted it and it was delicious.

I can't say enough about how friendly Gemma and her husband were...They definately made our stay! Gemma was full of information about the island and made sure that we were totally set up with everything...She also let us and the other couple check out late and leave our bags in the B&B, which was really nice. Our flight wasn't until like 3pm or so, and I hate having to drag all my luggage around town with me.

The one thing that is worth mentioning, which isn't really a bad thing, but it is something worth noting...Gemma and her husband do not live in the B&B, they live down the street. When you book the room, make sure you contact Gemma and arrange a time to check in, or make sure you have a phone to call. I had my iphone with me, so it was no problem, but the other couple did not, but the rang the doorbell so my boyfriend and I let them in. It wasn't a really big deal or anything, just something you might want to plan for.

Room Tip: Both rooms were very nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was completely overwhelmed by kindness and hospitality of the host.
The place was absolutely worth staying at during 6 nights and I did
really enjoy every single minute of being there.Amazingly clean,
spacious apartment and hipnotising energy of Gemma (the owner) made
my visit really unforgettable.I would recommend it to anyone from the
bottom of my heart.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

Gemma runs this quiet apartment Bed and breakfast. It only has two rooms. Gemma shows up every morning to make you breakfast with fresh croissants accompanied by espresso or caffe latte and sometimes homemade cake. She is very welcoming and makes you nearly feel like you're staying with an Italian family. She and her husband will give you good advice about what to do about town. The bathroom is shared with one other room which works well since it is a small B and B. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I emailed about staying here on the recommendation of a friend who had stayed in the B&B, only about a week before going on holiday. The B&B was already booked out, but Gemma, who runs the B&B had space in her spare room. My boyfriend and I were so impressed by the room - it was on its own floor, basically like being in our own flat, with big bedroom (with a comfortable double bed), a living room with sofa and a desk and cable internet, and a table to eat at, and a really nice bathroom. There was also a balcony with a great view of the sea. There wasn't a set time for breakfast, we just had to say when would be good the day before. And breakfast was great - pastries, bread, jam, yogurt, salami and cheese. What was especially good about being there was how helpful Gemma was, illustrating a map of Alghero with restaurants and sandwich shops that we might want to go to, routes we might want to cycle, beaches we may want to visit, and how to get places. I would highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: We stayed in Gemma's flat, rather than the B&B. I don't know what the B&B is like (I...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My friend and I stayed here on our spring break and everything was so convenient, and the price was incredible! Breakfast was always great and Gemma makes sure to have it for you at whatever time is convenient for you. Location was great, everything we wanted to see was close by. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was such a luxury compared to the hostels (being poor college students). Stay here if you can!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We spent three night in this nice little B&B and it could not be better for us. It really felt like home. We had a large bedroom with air conditioning and television. The bathroom was large and clean and had all necessary facilities, even a hair-dryer. We could use the kitchen every time we needed and every evening we would sit there and have a cup of tea (it was December and we were the only guests staying there). In the kitchen there is a large fridge which we could use as well.
The lady of the house, Gemma, is a very friendly Italian woman who welcomed us on our arrival and gave all sorts of tips e.g. what to visit, where to eat, even bus schedules, Thanks to her we saw quite a lot within a limited amount of time. We also loved chatting with her in the morning while she was making our coffee. She would also make breakfast and it was just great. We got all kinds of typical Sardinian specialties - sausages, ham, cheese, a variety of pastries and fresh bread, jams and yogurt. Absolutely delicious! It was so much we did not really need lunch.
The B&B is located on the first floor of a well-kept building on a quiet street and is just a three-minite walk away from the waterfront, a ten-minute walk away from the old town and a five-minute walk away from the bus terminal from where you can take a bus in any direction if you are using public transport.
It was a very pleasant and relaxed stay.

Thanks a lot, Gemma! We promised to come back and we will one day ;)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

That's what you get with Gemma and Giovianni; hospitality, clean spacious room, delicious breakfasts and important good tips to make your stay in Sardinia more pleasant. And not to forget the ideal location, near the beach, old town, public transport. We were so pleased with our stay at Lloc d'or that we decided to also stay our last night at Lloc d'or. The driving spirit behind this Bed and Breakfast is Gemma, an energetic Italian woman with whom Customer is King.

Room Tip: Also nice if you are with a family or 4 people. Then you have the whole location for yourself.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Lloc d'Or B&B? Share your experiences!