“Great location but cdertainly NOT 5 star” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Albergo delle Nazioni

You added Albergo delle Nazioni to your Saves list
Albergo delle Nazioni
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lungomare Nazario Sauro, 7, 70121 Bari, Italy (Formerly Boscolo Bari)   |
Ranked #6 of 45 Hotels in Bari
Los Altos, CA (USA)
“Great location but cdertainly NOT 5 star”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

A group of 7 friends stayed one night here. Very good location on the waterfront -- a short walk to the lovely old town. The hotel itself is striving for cool and manages to arrive at kitschy with its blue and orange rooms and the shower in the middle. The carpets outside our 5th foor room were not very clean. The morning breakfast buffet was varied and extensive. The scrabled eggs were actually quite good, which is not my usual experience with such things. But the whole affair was not well organized. First there was no coffee, then there was no milk. Large tables with white tablecloths were left dirty after people ate there. Staff at the front desk were, however, friendly and helpful. I needed to buy a hair dryer and they directed me to a place after a group consultation. Our balcony (small) looked out over the ocean so that was great. We did not have a bad experience at all, just not as elegant and 5 star as we had expected for the cost.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
Rauma, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed on a business matter for two nights mid September 2013. Fine servised, bellman assisted my luggage from taxi to the room. Reseption could have asked for need of wi-fi access, as it so often is forgotten when at the desk. Small gym for enough for equipment for quick workout, which prepairs you to have a sauna next room and a swim in pool out upstairs. Decorational room with a good bed, fine bathroom and a small balcony.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Wonderful hotel. Lovely large room. Friendly helpful staff. Fabulous breakfast. Great pool up on the roof. Restaurant is also excellent on the top floor. Very accommodating for us travelling with a small child too. Would recommend this hotel highly. We had a great couple of days staying with them.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lichtensteig
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed at the Boscolo Bari for four days , we were a party of three , my Wife myself and a friend who is disabled .
This is one of the best Disabled friendly Hotels we have ever been to !
The rooms were amazing ,we stayed in a panoramic room .
Room service is well worth a try just to have the mobile dining table brought to your room !
Staff were very friendly and so helpful .
The hotel is in walking distance to the centre,the old town and most of the bars restaurants.
Fantastic Sea View.
This Hotel is a must if you are in Bari .

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Rochester, Kent, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

A very classy hotel and e-mails between myself and the staff in advance of the visit were handled swiftly and professionally. Only a 15 minute walk from the station, too, so well located. The old town is probably a 20 minute walk away but we weren't here for that; we were here to enjoy an overnight stay before heading to the airport. The rooms were very retro and the interior was beautifully art deco. We loved the soap selection - has a bit of a wow factor. We had a room with a view of the sea which was wonderful but we had to request balcony furniture (and there were used cigarettes here which had not been swept up - attention to detail is essential!). The roof top pool was tiny and there seemed to be a battle for sun loungers. The gym looked exquisite but it was just too hot to run on a tred mill in the open air. What let this experience down was reception. There was one lady working on a lap top checking people in and out. On check in, because there was a queue, we had nothing explained to us - we felt rushed. On check out, we knew we had 30 minutes to get to the train station for the airport but the receptionist was spending way too much time with customers and had no one supporting her. I was getting impatient and annoyed as we had a train to catch. Also, I do not expect any receptionist to be chewing gum as it gives off an attitude of 'couldn't care less.' As reception is your first and last impression of a hotel, this needs to be drastically improved - especially for a Boscolo brand hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Arriving at the hotel by taxi, I was greeted at the kerb by... nobody. It was only as I dragged my two cases into the hotel via the annoying revolving door that the bellman appeared inside. After staring at me for some time with my bags, he eventually loaded them on the trolley while I waited not less than ten minutes while three reception staff served one couple checking out. After 10 minutes the snide receptionist finally checked me in and directed me to to the lifts, no welcome, no information about the property or area offered.
The hotel itself is very nice, with lovely rooms and an excellent rooftop restaurant, but service like this is appalling for a supposed 5 star establishment. Never in my life have I been treated like that and I have stayed at 5 star hotels the world over - Sofitel, Hilton, Waldorf, etc.
It also appears that how you dress affects the level of service you are offered. Don't go in a tee shirt, you will be waiting at the counter for 10 mins just to get someone to look at you when there aren't any other guests there. Italian snobs are running this place. I would usually turn up dressed to the nines but my day had panned out a little differently.

Wear a suit, you might get some service. I wouldn't go anywhere near a Boscolo hotel after this experience.

Room Tip: I paid extra for a seaside room and all you can hear are car horns and screaming children. The view...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Basically you have a lovely walk along the sea front and your right in the heart of Bari… but far enough away to have no noise intrusions. Its on the corner of a fairly busy road, but it’s not a motorway! And you can’t hear it once inside.

The rooms, good size, we had a deluxe room so had a sea view and not a balcony – we went in August so I’d have preferred we booked a balcony – but we didn’t miss it as we spent a lot of time pool side. We booked ours through secret escapes, they claimed a 40% saving, but if I’m honest other than the free bottle of fizz when we arrived and a random selection of fruit – I checked the hotels actual rates and I’m not sure a direct booking wouldn’t have been equally good – that said we were happy and we had breakfast included which was great.

The staff are lovely – I’d suggest they appear maybe pool side a little more, the drinks are hotel prices but you are a captive audience and I think they could make more out of that – but that said if you want a drink you can call down and they’ll bring to you (that said Pool phone maybe an idea).

Things to maybe think about when in Bari…
Cycle round old town – it’s v easy and was a good laugh and quick way to get bearings..
Playing golf – we tried, Barialto and I have to say other than taking your life into the hands of a taxi driver…the course really wasn’t up to scratch and for 50 euro I’d expect more especially when the taxi ride isn’t cheap (Its 30-32 Euros) oh and remember if they drive out for you the metre is on! SO if you want to play maybe travel further to the two better courses.

Taxis at hotel, they arrive with money on the clock, next time I won’t except this, it’s a bit of a p*ss take so get them to clear meter or walk round the corner and get in one!

Other than that…Bari was great for a rest, it was a lovely place, not loads to do, but weather and food were great… Would I go back…probably, but still so much of Italy to explore?

Room Tip: We were on 3rd floor, heard no noise - I'd go for a room on 4th or 5th when back and slap bang f...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Albergo delle Nazioni? Share your experiences!