“Wonderful boutique experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Vicenza
Winnipeg
“Wonderful boutique experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I cannot say enough about this hotel, from the clean rooms, excellent breakfast and outstanding owner and staff. Everyone is so friendly and helpful and greet you by name. The location in the old city is so quaint, however the hotel and the rooms are somehow more modern and stylish. I love this hotel and have stayed there on two different occasions and will definately be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tiziano T, Proprietario at G Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear guest,
we are glad you wrote this review about your stay in our hotel. It's a pleasure to have you as our guest. As you could notice, the environment at G.boutique Hotel is very friendly and our aim is to offer hospitality at the maximum rate. Our modern style in th heart of the city is our strenght and we are happy you appreciate it.

Hope to see you again.
Thank you very much.

Tiziano & G. Boutique Hotel Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Trieste, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We spent two nights in this charming hotel in Vicenza, having a rear room on 2nd floor
The room - 205 - was more than small, but really confortable for our short holidays
Decorated with complicity, the right silence, in the center
Excellent breakfast in a very confortable room
Staff very kind and at the same time with a lot of discretion
Perfect for the thousand honeymoon in our life
We are lucky people and we reccomend
Stefano Vajtho & Savina Rauber

Room Tip: Next time we will ask for a room a little bigger
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Vajtho,
thank you for your review. I'm glad you and your wife had a confortable stay here at G. Boutique Hotel! We are happy you enjoyed our buffet breakfast with home-made products: just what you need to feel at home during holidays too.
If you prefer a room with front view, we kindly ask you to let us know in order o fulfill all your wishes.

Thank you once again and hope to see you next time in Vicenza.

Tiziano and G.Boutique Hotel Staff
Mialno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed here for just one night (but really look forward to going back for more) on the recommendation of a friend who lives locally. All the "basics" are done superbly - powerful shower, spotless bathroom, large bed, quality towels, linen and pillows. On the top of that you get a sophisticated decor, a wonderful home cooked breakfast with freshly made scrambled eggs and "torta salata", easy parking, a five minute walk to the city centre, 10 minute drive to the U.S. base, friendly and professional staff. Excellent value for money all round and a real standard setter.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Tiziano T, Proprietario at G Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
Dear guest,
thank you very much for your kind review. We appreciate the positive feedback you sent and, as I could read in your review, we did a good job! We are looking forward to seeing you again in our hotel and hopefully for more than one night only.

All the best!
Tiziano & G.Boutique Hotel Staff
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

This hotel tries hard – and in my view succeeds – in setting itself apart from a standard 4* Italian city hotel. The furnishings and decor both in the public areas and in the rooms have been thought out in meticulous detail, and thus the hotel sets itself apart from the norm.

The hotel is easy to reach from the motorway network, and is only a short (5-minute) walk from the basilica in the historic centre of the city; and there are plenty of restaurants and pizzerias within very easy walking distance. There are a number of parking options (including the hotel garage, pay-and-display directly outside the hotel etc.) and it's probably a good idea for guests to have an idea of their parking requirements prior to, or on checking in.

My room was spacious, spotlessly clean and very comfortable. It had modern, well designed furnishings with a subdued brown/beige colour scheme and quirky 'mock bookcase' wallpaper; (see photograph). The bed was large, with a firm, comfortable mattress (which didn't have the dreaded 'two single mattresses shoved together groove') and a selection of synthetic pillows. The 'designer bathroom' worked well as well as looking nice – and crucially the water drained efficiently from the shower plughole, avoiding all danger of causing the 'embarrassing bathroom flood'.

The public areas of the hotel were comfortable and had a nice atmosphere with subdued lighting; and the staff were courteous and professional throughout.

Breakfast was good, but had a couple of 'negatives' in my view. The orange juice was awful (and scored very low indeed on the 'UKtripadviser' OJ scale) and they used UHT long-life milk in my morning cappuccino! (I would have preferred fresh milk but the UHT was just about acceptable. However, I really think that the orange juice should have been much better!)

I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,
thank you very much for your detailed description and review of your stay in our hotel. We are glad you appreciated the furnishing style and your room as well. It is a pleasure for us to have guests like you. We are deeply sorry for the orange juice episode.We will definately sort everything out.
We hope to see you again here in Vicenza and we wish you all the best!

Tiziano & G.Boutique Hotel Staff
Yorkshire England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I was nervous when we booked this hotel for a 1 night stay and nervous when we arrived somewhat disoriented and in darkness, but my worries were unfounded.
The hotel is quirky, stylish and clean, staff are friendly and helpful, the location is superb, rooms are extremely compact and bijou - don't attempt to access the tiny bathroom in pairs and a one way system around the bed is essential but that's my only negative.
I would definitely stay here again but would have to book a larger room if I was travelling with my husband.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear guest,
thank you very much for the review. We are glad you lost your nervous mood as soon as you got into our hotel. It is our duty to tansmit a comfortable and relaxed feeling to our clients. We are sorry for the inconvenience of the access of the tiny bathroom. We offer different types of rooms where the standard rooms are smaller than the suites.
We are looking forward to seeing you again with your husband. We recommend you to try one of our suites and feel the atmosphere in these beautiful rooms.

We thank you and we wish you all the best!
Boston, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Our experience at this hotel is the worst in recent memory. When we arrived the woman who was working the desk spoke no English and it was very hard for us to communicate with her. A guest finally helped us. We had to wait for our room to be ready, which was no problem as we arrived early. Meanwhile parking was a nightmare. There were few spaces available in their little lot and cars had to be juggled. Not to mention the 30 euro charge. (We learned later that there was free parking not too far from the hotel.) While we waited she offered me coffee which I accepted. When the room was ready she showed us to the elevator and handed us the keys. Imagine our surprise when we discovered there was literarily no room to put our 3 carry on size pieces of luggage! We had to remove a table to the hall and still had to climb over the bed to get to the bathroom!

But the worse was yet to come. We learned the day before we arrived that we had to leave the hotel a day early (we were suppose to stay for 2 nights). I immediately send out an email telling them of our change. There was a 48 hr. cancelation policy. (My email went out 44 hours before the 2nd night). When we went to check out we were informed by the manager that there was nothing he could do about it. As the booking went through Booking.com they had to pay a commission. I offered to just pay their commission. The manager would have none of it. When he gave the bill to my husband we saw the charge for the coffee at which point my husband got very angry and let him know that the whole stay from start to finish had been a disaster. He was not interested in learning what happened and ended up throwing the bill at my husband and telling him to get out. Clearly, no one ever taught him how to deal with a situation that can be problematic. What would it have cost him to take off the coffee and the parking? It would have made for better feelings all the way around.

Although the location is good. It’s not worth the aggravation and attitude of the management.

Room Tip: To get a "good room" where you can put luggage and get to the bathroom we need a suite!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tiziano T, Proprietario at G Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
I'm reading you with regret, expecially because all you wrote is not true! You are accustomed to behaving in a way I do not like. You booked the two nights and, trust me, I'm very glad I've chased you and your wife away from my Hotel and I am sure you won't ever come back here! Right?
For everyone who is reading us, the truth is this: you booked a room for two nights, you wanted to leave a day before simply on a whim even though the cancellation policy said you had to pay the whole stay as well. I use never to charge the nights not used by the guests but, since you showed impoliteness, arrogance and, above all you verbally offended me and my assistant Mara, I have charged you the amount due! It was not enough because someone like you and your wife deserve to be denounced to the police for verbal offences. Unfortunatelly for this web site, sometimes it could give rise to wrong people like you.

Tiziano
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The staff are extremely friendly, professional, helpful and welcoming. Parking is 15 Euros per day to park in front of the hotel in a parking lot. Otherwise parking is very difficult in Vicenza, and finding it was just too inconvenient therefore it was better for us to have the convenience and pay the 15 Euros/day. The location is perfect and literally out the door is the historic streets of Vicenza and the Palladio designed theatre. We booked this hotel through Booking.com for ease and convenience. Upon arrival at the hotel you step into a very beautiful, and elegant reception and sitting area with a grand piano, chandeliers and sitting area. Upstairs are the rooms and they are small as there isn't much room for a couple of suitcases. However that is the only shortcoming and can be overlooked when everything else works so well. The room was extremely stylish, the bed enormous with high quality bedding and the bed itself very comfortable. Upon arrival resting in a basket on the bed is slippers and bathrobes, a very nice touch. There is a fridge and personal safe in the room. The hotel is spotlessly clean, as was our room and the bathroom. The sink of the bathroom is a huge white pedestal which is off to the side of the bedroom and I loved the lighting around the mirror (it was extremely flattering). The ceramic tile floors were gorgeous and the shower is glass, complete with a huge rain head plus an additional shower bar.

The breakfast room is an eye catcher in red and black (you can see by the photo) and the hostess running it is absolutely charming. I wish I spoke Italian so I could have conversed better with her. After traveling in Italy for 5 ½ weeks, at the end of the trip we voted the G Boutique Hotel "the best" breakfast of the trip. Breakfast at this hotel was just a lovely way to start the day. The room felt like you were having breakfast in an elegant manor or country house and the breakfast choices were wonderful. There was an 'array' of fresh fruit (watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, kiwi and small cups of fresh berries). This was the most impressive display and variety of fresh fruit offered by our hotel/B&B choices throughout the trip. Various cereals are provided including a yummy granola. The best cappuccinos arrived at the table and requesting a second was no problem (after all who wanted to rush off in a hurry when you have such an enjoyable breakfast experience). There were sliced meats, cheeses, scrambled eggs, yogurts and then there is the pastries. The table displays wonderful croissants, tarts and cakes that were simply too good to pass by. Everything on the table is presented attractively and replenished quickly. Fantastic! We loved Vicenza, it is a very charming city with a vibrant historic centre. I can't think of anywhere else I would rather stay in Vicenza than G Boutique Hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tiziano T, Proprietario at G Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear guest,
we thank you very much for your review and we are pleased you appreciated our hotel. We can see you wrote a very detailed description of the hotel and we are flattered. Our prime aim is to make our guets feel at home, feel a very friendly environment and leave the feeling of not going back anymore! We, therefore, wait for your presence here again.

Thank you once again.
Tiziano & G. Boutique Hotel Staff

Been to G Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!