“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Vicenza
Atlantic, Iowa
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Hotel Mary several times over the last couple of years, and housed my crew there whole performing work at the US Army installations in the area over the past year.
The Hotel Mary is the place to stay in Vicenza, the staff is extremely helpful, the rooms are clean, and for a longer stay, the apartments are really nice, providing a full kitchen.
There are several nice places to eat within walking distance, and the gate to the Army Post is only 200 meters from the hotel.
I will definitely stay at the Mary on my future trips to Vicenza.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

A delightful hotel. If you’re looking for a hotel convenient to Caserma Ederle in Vicenza, the Hotel Mary is it. The hotel is located just blocks away from the former main gate to the Caerma and there is a municipal bus stop (#1 bus) right across the street. The historic part of Vicenza is a little over a mile away but buses run about every ten minutes during the week. The train station is a short 15 minutes by bus. Don’t forget to buy your bus tickets from the hotel desk.

There are several very good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. My favorites were Restorante Regina and Il Fauno.

The service at the hotel was also excellent. Most of the staff was very personable and helpful. With only one exception, the desk staff was always prepared to provide helpful information about navigating the local area. The hotel also runs an espresso/wine bar in the breakfast room. Prices are very reasonable.

My room was definitely on the large side by European, much less Italian, standards. If traffic noise bothers you, I would suggest asking for a room on the back-side of the hotel. My room had the added bonus of a very large terrace. The room also included a small refrigerator but no microwave or coffee pot. Coffee and espresso facilities are available in the breakfast room next to the lobby. The hotel also provided a large floor fan when the room became stuffy due to unseasonably warm late autumn weather.

Although the bathroom was good sized, the shower was very small. Otherwise, the bathroom was very well appointed with a lot of counter space around the sink and a bidet.

Since this hotel caters to a lot of Americans working at Caserma Ederle, I would suggest adding an American TV package to the satellite service and bumping up the internet bandwidth a bit. The only truly English language channel was BBC News.

Bottom line, if you are visiting Caserma Ederle and either don’t want to or can’t get on post, the Hotel Mary is an excellent option.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back-side if concerned about street noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hotel Mary V, Direttore at Hotel Mary, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Todd,
i really want to thank you for writing a review so nice and complete. It's important for me to understand how my staff works, and what we can improve, especially "the one exception".
We are working on a package of American channels, because there are currently very expensive contracts, but I think we will find a good solution soon.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I hope to welcome you again in our hotel
Melissa and the Staff
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Hotel Mary is a nice well kept hotel on the outskirts of Vicenza. The rooms are clean and very well kept. One thing I really enjoyed about this location/hotel is how quiet it was at night. The community would be busy and active during the day as a large city would, but it was very calm and quiet at night to allow a good night sleep. The bathrooms were clean and functional, but a little cramped, so you need to take turns being in there, can't have two sharing the bath in the morning before heading out. The staff is super nice and very friendly, some of the cleaning staff doesn't speak English, but they will work with you. There is a small café/resto just off the lobby and entrance. I only ate breakfast and it was excellently prepared like real home cooked food, not catered or mass produced box food like other places. There are a few restaurants nearby (a really good one across the street), but just be aware they don't stay open late like in North America.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Aventurier2013,
thanks for your kindly review, I'm sorry for the small bathrooms, it is a bit of a feature of the designers who design Italian hotels.
I'm really happy to know that you got on well with the staff, and I will try to learn English to the cleaning ladies.
A very special thank you from the kitchen and breakfast staff.
Melissa and the Staff
Wiesbaden, Hessen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Hotel Mary was a great place to stay for my business trip. It met all my needs and exceeded all my expectations. The staff is top notch. They were beyond friendly from the moment we checked in til the moment we checked out. I would defeinetly return to the Hotel Mary.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hotel Mary V, Direttore at Hotel Mary, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Toby,
thank you so much for your great review.
His review makes me very proud, we always try to be there for our customers, not only with regard to the services at the hotel, but also in recommending a good restaurant, that we recommend because we go to eat at this place because the food is good , in giving informations about the city, in giving our customers a free map of the city or tickets for the bus.
We try to do our best for each individual client, and his review makes me realize that we are heading in the right direction.
A heartfelt thanks
Melissa and Hotel Mary Staff
Wiesbaden, Hessen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

What a great stay for a business trip. The hotel was very clean and comfortable, equipped with air conditioning allowing for windows to remain closed and block out any road noise from the main street outside. The Hotel staff was as friendly as any hotel staff I have had dealt with. They provided us with so many helpful tips from dining options to getting around the area. I would highly recommend this hotel for business travelers and families.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Eric,
thank you so much for your great review about our hotel, and sorry if i answer you late, but we just start to use Tripadvisor and Facebook for our business.
I'm glad to hear that you have enjoyed the restaurants that we have recommended, because even before advising our clients we go ourselves to eat at those places.
Thank you very much for the wonderful review
Melissa and Hotel Mary Staff
jacksonville, florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The location of the hotel is great for visiting the area. It is a great value and has a friendly staff willing to help with travel information. The breakfast is as good as any hotel in the area. It is walking distance to the Camp Ederle facility but also close to nice restaurants and gelato places. Ask the front desk about Da Remo restaurant and the water wheel restaurant.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the new section; they have slightly better showers; any floor is good as the eleva...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel is on the outskirts of Vicenza, close to Camp Ederle, abd about a ten to fifteen minute cab ride to the center of town. I've stayed here twice and was disappointed both times. My main issue is cleanliness. On both occasions this year, I arrived to find the floor hadn't been vacuumed and the bathroom was not completely clean. The towels smelled of the aftershave of the last guy who used them so all this adds up to the management cutting corners on their housekeeping costs, both staff and materials. This is a shame because the rooms have been updated and the bathrooms are well-appointed. The staff is friendly, although not all of them speak English, and the rates are reasonable. But I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Mary? Share your experiences!