“Just perfect !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #135 of 353 Verona B&B and Inns
Kosice, Slovakia
“Just perfect !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Great location ! No problem with safety for a single woman, I walked twice from Arena at night. There has been a traffic overhaul. To get to a hotel from bus station take bus 91 from platform C, get off at Piazza Isolo, turn your back to the bus stop, cross the street on your left side cca 40 metres you see a sign showing a way to Residenza San Faustino . Stanza grigia in reality looks even nicer, it was clean, AC worked. Signora Monica made me feel welcomed and answered every of my questions.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
Johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

The host was incredibly helpful - from assisting us with transport to the train station on a public holiday (which proved quite difficult), to suggesting a lovely restaurant for dinner just a few meters away from the B&B (the restaurant is another highlight of staying at San Faustino, amazing food and wine, friendly service and lovely atmosphere).

The room was large, and had a very clean and funky bathroom with a great shower. Free cappucino's, juice, milk and water in/near the rooms.

Location was good - The B&B was located close to bus stops, some ruins, the Verona Duomo, the river, and not far from Juliet's balcony. We found everything in Verona to be within an hour or two's walk away, and the walk is very chilled with plenty to take in and experience so you don't feel the distance.

A bit tricky to find so make sure you have good directions with you.

Room Tip: The room with dark blue walls was quite large.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Woodbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

Wonderful rooms, great location, fabulous breakfast. Could not recommend enough!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

The host of this BB, Monica, makes you feel very welcome. She knew I was a solo traveller and invited me for all kinds of nice things like the opera. She speaks English very well and helps you with everything.
The rooms are small, but very nice, and have a great shower! They are cleaned every day and have a little fridge, were you will find juice, milk and water every day. The BB is just one brigde away from the big sights in Verona. It's a fantastic BB that I can recommend to everyone!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

I found this place difficult to find on a Sunday (take bus 91 from stand 4 at Verona station and get off at Piazza Isolo- then walk one block back back til you reach the park; the B&B is on the RHS behind a restaurant). After finally arriving, I had to ask the owner of the restaurant to call on my behalf to be let in (there are no public phones nearby). Monika does not seem to be there very much although she lives in the flat upstairs. The wooden ceiling, whilst charming, can be very noisy when Monika plays her piano and/or sings and her son(?) seems to roll things along the floor. Having said all that, it is very close to town and it is a lovely walk across the bridge. I was not fond of the dark blue walls in my room however which seemed to make it smaller and darker than it actually was.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Residenza San Faustino for three nights in late September, 2010. We booked this bed and breakfast after reading the wonderful reviews and we were not disappointed! We arrived at the Verona train station and then took bus #73 which stopped very near to the bed and breakfast. Once we found the door to the building, we rang the bell, but no one answered. We did not have a cell phone with us, so we walked down to a travel agency and found a very nice lady who called Monica for us. We then walked back to the property and were promptly greeted and let into the room.

We had the brown and green room and it was so incredibly nice!! Definitely the best place we stayed during our 10-day “Tour of Italy”. The room was decorated beautifully and was quite spacious with a lot of storage areas. The bathroom was HUGE by European standards; the shower was amazing. The bath towels had “Residenza San Faustino” embroidered on them—such a nice touch! The building was situated in a quiet courtyard so we did not hear any “street noise” and we slept really well in the comfortable bed.

The room had a very nice flat screen TV with satellite and free WiFi which was very useful. We were also allowed to use the washer and dryer which was wonderful. The other great part about the room was the breakfast. In the room was a tray that had different types of jelly, honey, Nutella, sugar, silverware, cups, plates, bowls, cereal, etc. There was a small refrigerator that had water, milk, yogurt, cream cheese, and orange juice. Then (here is the best part) there was a Nescafe machine that would make different types of hot drinks! You just push a button and you’d have your coffee, cappuccino, hot chocolate, etc. Very nice touch! Also, each day around 8:10 a.m., we would have fresh rolls and croissants in a bag outside our door.

The bed & breakfast is in a great location; only a short walk to Verona’s city center. We would most definitely recommend the Residenza San Faustino to anyone who is looking for a great place to stay in the amazingly beautiful city of Verona.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

Found this little jewel on tripadvisor and am so happy I did! I stayed over Easter weekend which was fairly busy and at times noisy in town. However, where Residenza San Faustino is located you would have never known. A little outside downtown, literally down the street from the Teatro Romano, the B & B is tucked away in a side courtyard.

The B & B has only three rooms so you get very personalized attention from the lovely owner, Monica. She made sure my stay was perfect, allowing me to store my luggage when my train didn't leave until 3PM as well as explaining everything in my room to me upon my arrival. She gave me some great restaurant recommendations and even recognized me while she was driving in town and stopped traffic to honk and wave.

For a single room, the gray room was very spacious and extremely well decorated. I didn't think I'd like the gray walls with the orange accents, but it really does work. The wooden beam ceilings were also a highlight along with the light wooden floors.

Mini-fridge was very helpful when storing my cheese purchases.
Huge wardrobe with extra blankets, a safe, shelves for folded clothes as well as hanging space.
A TV but I never used it
Free wifi--reliable and fast!
Use of the laundry room with washer, drying rack and iron

Bedroom:
The bed was comfy although I would have loved an additional pillow
Although it looks like a daybed, the side panels are actually cushioned and very comfortable.
Lots of space to lay out things and walk around. By the door there is a full length mirror which was great.

Bathroom:
Luxurious brown, black and white marble
Toilet and bidet
Loved the shower--so relaxing!

Breakfast:
This was a highlight for me. Too often I've been annoyed at hotels for having to get all dressed to run to the breakfast room before they ran out of stuff. Here, I could walk two steps out the door, grab my personalized basket of pastries and coffee/tea/hot chocolate from the automated machine and go right back to relaxing in my own room. The fridge was stocked with yogurt, milk, drinks and butter and my tray was already laid out in the room with jams, Nutella, toast and cereal.

The web site is very accurate and I found that I got the better deal by contacting Monica directly. I would highly recommend this little place to anyone wanting a peaceful escape in a lovely town.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Been to Residenza San Faustino? Share your experiences!