“Great little place” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Takeaway slices of pizza. Just 30 meters behind the Arena of Verona.A quick cheap meal, made using only organic flour and muther yeast.Pizzeria al taglio e da asporto, a soli 30 metri dietro all' Arena di Verona. Prodotto artigianalmente con solo farine biologiche e lievito madre e una lievitazione di 24 ore.
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Great little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Definitely go here if you're in Verona and fancy a quick bite. Tasty good value pizza with a range of toppings and someone who cares about what they are doing :-)

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Czech first
“Delicious organic pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Because of its location you think that it is just another pizzeria selling pizzaa to the tourist! First impression the dough looks thick, the toppings don't really say come and eat me! But wow soon as we had our first slice we were surprised how light the dough was. The toppings were delicious and most of all it wasn't greasy. We came back and had some more pizzas.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

This place has very decent pizza. It's only a counter with six bar stools and nothing but pizza and calzone that's preprepared but cooked while you wait. Good place for a quick inexpensive lunch.

Visited April 2013
International Traveler
“Memorable pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Wandering around the Arena, I discover this place, let's order a pizza, why not. The owner loads a large one on the plate, I said, oh that's too much; fine , he halves it . From the very first second of my first bite, I knew I had to order a second one. I order another one and I had a hard time resisting ordering a third one, on the spot. This pizza is absolutely great, not only mouthwatering but also light, you don't feel stuffed and all you feel is that you want more and more. There are pizza combinations I never heard before, the one with blue cheese and walnuts is out of this world. The owner is most friendly, he helped me with the WiFi, and I immediately sent emails overseas, boasting about my pizza discovery in Verona. Guido's pizza is definitely on my daily agenda next time I will visit Verona. Too bad no international deliveries are possible (yet). Thank you, Guido!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami
“Delicious without the calories”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

One of my favorite spots to hit when I go back to visit Verona is this cute, quaint pizzeria al taglio "Il Pizzino da Guido".

It's conveniently located in the center of Verona behind the Arena. I love this pizza because it provides only natural ingredients without comprimising the taste and variety. In addition, it is super easy to find, order and keep running around the city.

Plus - I always love to visit and chit chat with the owner Guido who will be more than happy to fill
you in on the latest stories of the city and interesting facts about this beautiful town.

Hightly recommend it to visiting tourists and to local Veronesi.

• Visited November 2012