“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Verona
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We spent 3 nights here and cannot fault it at all. Superb location, friendly staff. It is quite a quirky hotel and so much to look at. The room was huge and beautifully decorated with a big comfortable bed. It was very clean and quiet. The breakfasts were exceptional. If there is anything negative to say then it would be that We visited Lake Garda one day and we're advised by the staff to take a taxi, it cost 120 euros to get there which we were not expecting, we got a bus back which was a comfortable air conditioned coach and took the same amount of time and it cost 14 euros.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SalviatinoCollection, Direttore at Palazzo Victoria, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Customer,
Thank you for your kind review.
I am glad to know that our hotel and its organization was to your liking.
I am very sorry to assume the incident arose in relation to your excursion on Lake Garda.
We always try to provide to all of our guests the many options for sightseeing the city and the neighborhood: public or private taxi, bus, driver.
The choice is then only in relation to the decision of our guests. If there has been a misunderstanding I apologize.
We hope to have you back very soon as our guest in Verona,
Giusy Loro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Turkish first
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights with my daughter. The location is great. It is close to both Piazza Erbe and Piazza Bra and to the shopping and sights. In general, Verona is small enough to walk to most places easily, but the hotel is located quite centrally to good sights, the train station and good cafes and restaurants. It is also "far" enough from the really busy tourist areas so there isn't as much traffic. The staff are friendly and happy to help. It has a good mix of the modern and old world. Breakfast was included our package and the selection was good. They would make eggs to order or pancakes and crepes. Each day, there was a "special" treat from the kitchen. Something sweet. The staff were attentive and by my last day, they knew my regular coffee order that I did not have to ask. In addition, they also remembered I have a second coffee at the end of my breakfast which was brought to me without having to ask. Sparkling wine was also available at the breakfast buffet for those who wanted to make their own breakfast cocktails with freshly squeezed juices. The room reserved was a basic room (which was prepaid with an advanced booking discount) was a good size for a European hotel. My only issue with the room was that it was overlooking the building work and we were given the room with the handicap bathroom facilities. This is the only reason why I have given it 4 instead of 5. The handicap toilet has more space, but it does not have a shower cubicle and it has a difficult toilet to use. It had a spa with a shower and the shower was one with a seat that could not be used as a standing shower. The room was also on the first floor which is quite noisy as it is close to the bar and restaurant. But, it was clean and the prepaid rate I paid was very reasonable for a good hotel in Europe. In addition, I spent very little time in the room as it was a base to explore and a very good base it was. Clean, good sized rooms which are well presented is a treat in itself in Europe. My advice to others, if you would like less noise, try and ask for rooms on the higher floors. I would definitely stay here again if I were to visit Verona again. Plus, free Wii Fii and TV with English channels for my daughter who could find her favourite shows to watch when we needed to wind down after a long day. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the higher floors, less noise from the bar.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for your comment.
You wrote a really nice review, detailed in so many respects: I thank you sincerely for this.
I am personally glad to assume that our service restaurant during your stay, it has been so attentive to remember your habits during your morning breakfast.
These are very important details: the focus on out guests must be maximum and when this starts from the little is always a sign of great attention.
Hoping to get you back at Palazzo Victoria,
I extend my best regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from four nights here as part of a BA package. We cannot fault the hotel. We were unhappy with the room we were initially given as, although comfortable, it overlooked the building work going on next door. Within five minutes, we were upgraded to a suite at the front of the hotel. What a room! Comfortable and spacious with a fantastic view of the Roman gateway to Verona. The hotel staff were unfailingly friendly and helpful. They booked train tickets to Venice for us and offered advice for our other excursions. They clearly take a pride in their work. We ate in the restaurant each night. It might be possible to eat more cheaply in Verona, but I doubt that you could find better food or service. If you are prepared to splash out a little, this is the perfect hotel to stay in Verona. Stylish, friendly and very, very comfortable. We loved it.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel have a wonderful view. In the summer though, I imagine that the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
SalviatinoCollection, Direttore at Palazzo Victoria, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Friendly Host,
A sincere thank you for this nice comment.
We are all very pleased that you found our staff at your disposal: this is our goal.
We are also delighted to learn that our location and our service restraunt has exalted the most your stay here at Palazzo Victoria.
My best regards,
Worcestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Spent four nights 4 March. Just cannot fault it at all. Rooms are clean and very comfortable. Bathrooms a good size. The staff are exceptionally nice. Breakfast excellent and the staff there were so friendly and could not do enough for you. All the sights were walkable from here as well as shops, cafes etc.

Thanks British Airways for a good city break!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Customer,
To know that we were able to meet your tastes in hospitality leaves us truly glad.
We put close attention to all the details you mentioned: the service, the cleanliness and attention to every aspect of our hotel, which, as you have rightly pointed, enjoy a really great location.
We hope to be in the future your foothold in Verona for a second stay
I extend my best regards,
South West England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for four nights at the end of March. Absolutely loved it and the bed was so comfie. It's tastefully decorated with lovely modern twists and the location is great. Go left out the main door then onto the next road and if you turn left you're a very short walk to Piazza Erbe. Turn left then right then left under the monument/bridge then left down a small street you're then at Piazza Bra. Loved both these Piazzas. Atmosphere is so buzzy but still relaxing. Verona is a beautiful place and would definitely go back and stay at this hotel again. Staff are so friendly and polite, can't do enough. The breakfast is one of the best I've had I think - very posh! It's also quite lively in the bar in the evening with some good music either live or over speaker.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear customer,
Thank you for leaving a trace of your stay at Palazzo Victoria with this kind comment.
I am very delighted to know that the staff did everything possible for you during your stay, as well as the fact that you found the roomthat we have reserved for you was to your taste and liking.
We really hope to get you back as our guest in Verona very soon!
My best regards,
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stay only one night at this hotel, I must say it is the best in town. The room was large with big his and her sinks large bathtub and rain shower. Good location just a steps away from all the activities, many selection for their breakfast and it was amazing, service was good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear visitor,
I read with great delight your review about Palazzo Victoria.
To know to be considered by you as the best hotel in town makes us incredibly pleasure and gives us a vivid source of stimulus to never stop improving.
I really hope to host you very soon in Verona a second time,
With my best regards,
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Staying here during the Christmas markets in December was better than expected. The location is brilliant, design is superb, the food was amazing as hotel food goes and the highlight was the cocktails and DJ in the bar. It is worth going over budget for this hotel whilst staying in Verona!

Room Tip: The road can be noisy, if this bothers you ask for an inside room. The halls can be quite noisy as...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Customer,
Thank you for these beautiful words.
I am very glad to know that you were able to enjoy the beautiful Christmas atmosphere that colors our city under the year-end holidays.
I hope we could accommodate you a second time in other time of the year: our city has a lot to offer, and to discover.
A big and sincere greeting from Palazzo Victoria,
Giusy Loro

Been to Palazzo Victoria? Share your experiences!