“Great Pizza” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Davis, California
“Great Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We arrived on the early side for Italy but the place slowly filled up with locals meeting friends. Almost everyone ordered pizza. They were large, delicious and a terrific value.

Visited November 2012

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Best pizza I have ever eaten! Definitely do try this restaurant when you are in Verona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Recommended this by Eduardo that we stayed with and we were not disappointed. Pizzas were absolutely fabulous, very very good value for money and a nice surrounding. It was too cold for us in november to sit out but I can imagine a nice warm balmy evening sitting out looking over the river. Very well worth a visit, you will not be disappointed!

Visited November 2012
S.Wales
“We loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

My friend and I were staying at Cuore di Guilietta (which I’ve also reviewed) and the owners recommended this restaurant to us. We actually ended up going there two nights on the run, which I wouldn’t normally do but it really is that good! The food was delicious and really good value. It was very convenient to where we were staying, as it’s near Ponta Pietra, which leads to the old town.

The staff were lovely, with excellent English (as always!), especially compared to our limited Italian. The atmosphere is nice and despite it being out of season, there were plenty of people there on both the Saturday and Sunday night. We started both meals with a glass of Prossecco each, and tried both the house white and red wines over the two evenings. Both were really good and come in glass, half litre or litre measures. On the first and second evening, my friend opted to have the spaghetti with tomato and basil. It was really tasty, she actually didn’t stop talking about it until we went back and she had it a second time! You could tell that all of the ingredients were so fresh, and it was beautifully cooked. I had a special dish on the first night to start, a broccoli soup with a bread crust over the bowl. Sounds bizarre, but it was very tasty (and a bit of a novelty!). I then had beef steak with vegetables, again, delicious. And my friend had sea bass, which she told me was great.

On the second evening, I had a pizza. The menu has a huge selection of pizza toppings, I found it so hard to decide! It was very good, again. My friend had a vegetable and mozzarella dish – with a whole ball of mozzarella! Again, delicious and fresh ingredients. The second evening, we also shared an apple strudel with ice cream, which finished the meal off perfectly. Both evenings, we were given a free glass of almond wine (Amaretto possibly) at the end, which was greatly appreciated!

The fact that we came here twice is testament to the quality of the food and service. I’d recommend it to anyone visiting Verona.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fairly good food, well cooked, but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is a very nice restaurant with both inside and outside seating and in a nice location. We were attracted by the menu board that offered horse (something I had not tried). They did have an English menu, but the translations were a little off (see below). Service was good.

My partner started with Carpaccio of Salmon with onions and flatbread; she reported that it was very fresh, but not very special. My appetizer was was described as have a "flan" of Parma ham and tomatoes, but arrived as a dish of lovely ham with very fresh greens, a very soft cheese and marinated tomatoes; it was very nice but no sign of a flan, which in Britain and the US is an open pastry or sponge case containing a sweet or savoury filling. For primi we shared the horse (which came with endive, cress and pomegranate seeds) and a tagliatelle with veal ragu. The horse was very nicely cooked and very tasty, but the rest of the dish added nothing. The veal ragu was standard fare.

The prices were reasonable, but after finding the overall experience underwhelming, we passed on desert in favor of the excellent local gelateria.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Inexperienced staff and old ham”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

looking for a good restaurant, we followed tripadvisor and found this restaurant. Already during, our order it showed that the staff is highly inexperienced. For our main dish each one has been asked if we want one pizza... As if that was not obvious. After the entree iur plates stayed empty at the table until the main food came. Even worse the Pizzas have been burned heavily and the ham was clearly very old. We had to leave without food as the dinner was simply impossible to eat. Also the house wine is cheap and bad. dont go!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere