“When you need a break from pizza and pasta...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“When you need a break from pizza and pasta...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I always make fun of people who seek Asian food while visiting Europe, as their cuisine is amazing in itself. Today, I find myself apologizing. As much as I love Italian food, there comes a breaking point. My husband and I are getting over colds, so the idea of udon soup sounded amazing. Fortunately, Kobe is located right next door to our hotel. We walked in and were seated immediately. We ordered an appetizer (calamari) to split, two udon soups with five spice, and the "classic" sushi dish. Each dish was served and finished before the next dished arrived, so no sense of urgency finishing everything at once. The calamari was lightly battered and served on a salad with ginger dressing, which was so refreshing. The udon five spice soup had a Japonese curry taste, which hit every taste bud on my tongue - definite chicken soup for the cold. The sushi was good but not the best. Overall, it was exactly what we needed after a week in Italy.

Visited October 2013

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Fantastic food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We fell upon this restaurant after a long day walking the streets of Verona. I thoroughly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a change from Italian food ( as we appreciated after 3 weeks of travelling). The atmosphere was great, the service a little slow and the food was spectacular!!! Would definitely go again

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Ended our holiday on a high”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

After pizza and pasta galore we dined at Kobe for something different. Loved it from the moment we walked through the door. Good menu with a wide range of options, reasonably priced, beautifully decorated surroundings and excellent service throughout the night (we stayed most of the evening as we simply didn't want to leave). I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who fancies a break from Italian food or simply wants a great night out.

Visited May 2013
Verona, Veneto, Italy
“excellente in verona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I love Japanese food and have tried many restaurants: so far this is definitely one of my favorites. The atmosphere is elegant and the sushi absolutely great. Excellent service, good presentation. If you try it you won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Verona, Italy
“i wanna come again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

VERONA I travel through the city, after a nearby restaurant called KOBE, see the introduction of travel magazines, ready to go to taste the world-famous Kobe beef, into this restaurant, the first thing the feeling that the environment is very beautiful, but unfortunately Kobe beef sold out, so I had to try other dishes, the first meal of potatoes and tuna combination is very tasty, and finally coupled with delicious sauce,Next, I and my friends ordered pasta iron, in sufficient quantity, but also eat very full, try the friend their own, such as tempura, very crispy and not greasy. The last dessert is quite distinctive, and before leaving boss gave us a discount, totale, service attitude is good, affordable, have the opportunity to come again.

• Visited December 2011