“Horrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Coloniale

Casa Coloniale
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Verona
Casa Coloniale
You added Casa Coloniale to your Saves list
Via Cairoli 6, 37121 Verona, Italy   |
Ranked #249 of 353 Verona B&B and Inns
Hamburg, Germany
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have never experienced such a hotel in all my life !!! VERY NOISY outside and inside... Doors slamming also during the night...The door of my room was very thin and I could hear all the conversations in the lobby at all hours of the day and night! The only positive thing was the Wi-Fi... The breakfasts are to be taken in a cafe some 200m from the hotel. Never again!!!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

Would recommend the casa coloniale to anyone looking for a short break in Verona. Location couldn't be better, just off the main piazza, but not noisy at night. Aircon and wireless both worked a treat and the room (we took the green room) was lovely, especially the bathroom (great shower too). Very reasonable charge and eating breakfast at the caffe coloniale made a perfect Italian start to the day.

• Stayed May 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in Casa Coloniale for 2 nights, we requested the green room and were very happy with it. The room felt light and airy, it was spotless and the bed was comfortable. There are plenty of restaurants and shops nearby. We walked from the station with the help of some iphone navigation but it is about a 20 min walk so you may want to get a taxi.

On arrival there was no one there to let us in but I called the number on the door and reached Luca who sent someone to let us in. The lady did not speak any english and was not particularly friendly but that may have just been the language barrier!

We would definitely stay here again if we return to Verona!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

I have been invited in Verona by a Client who paid for my stay.
He rented for me the basement room at Casa Coloniale where I really couldn't stop.
I called at 4 in the afternoon but anybody was available to show me the room, they just let me have the keys. When I arrived there at midnight I discovered that my room was a king-bed sized room in the basement, accessible by an extremely dangerous iron stair, with cold air coming from the small window at the roof (at the street level), awful smell of sewer water, no side table or lamps to read.
The bathroom has been cleaned very roughly (a plastic bottle cap stayed beyond the lavatory), and no phone coverage.
I went away (to a nice hotel called Accademia), so I didn't exactely sleep there.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
frankfurt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

Verona is beautiful and so is Piazza Erbe. But we will not stay in Casa Coloniale again. When I came across it on the internet both the room & location appealed. As it is so "downtown" we decided we needed to be on the top floor to have as little street noise as possible. So I sent an email asking for the camera viola (violet room). Luca replied it was available on the requested dates. I confirmed the reservation of camera viola and transferred the deposit. We asked him for recommendations on restaurants - I thought we should make reservations in advance. But Luca said he would tell us upon arrival and it would be no problem. Anyway, we arrived on Friday evening and were greeted by Luca's mother, a friendly lady. She took us to our room. When she opened the door it was the green room, on the lower floor. So I told her we reserved the violet room. "Oh no no no - there is another lady staying in that room!" To cut a long story short: we ended up in the green room, after being reassured again and again it was a quiet street and the rooms were exactly the same.

What followed was us going to the recommended restaurant only to find out it was full (we ended up in an uninteresting pizzeria), and then the worst night sleep in a long time. Of course the street was not quiet at all, with people and traffic until well after 2 am. The room is fairly small, light (no blackout curtains) and built like a tunnel. The bed and bedding were average at most, the pillows really uncomfortable. The shower was ok though. We never saw Luca that weekend. On Saturday I immediately bought earplugs in the local farmacia (7 euro) and made reservations for dinner in a great restaurant (La Vecchia Fontanina). Because of this our weekend in Verona ended on a positive note. But next time we will either go to hotel Accademia or look for a really charming bed & breakfast with honest and personal service.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2008

We arrived and were greated by the owners mother -so friendly. The room was modern, spotless and extremely convenient near the centre of Verona. Breakfast was in the nearby cafe- also owned by the lovely Luca

• Liked — friendliness, location
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

This small BB is located just off the main square, Piazza delle Erbe in central Verona and is within easy walk of the opera arena (10 minutes). It is run by Luca who is ever helpful and who also runs the delightful Cafe Coloniale around the corner where you have breakfast (excellent coffee). The spotlessly clean rooms are done out in bold colours (may not be to everyone's taste but you can check on the website). The bed in the green rooms was superbly comfortable bed and the bathroom was modern with a very efficient shower. E

• Liked — Friendly service and location
  • Disliked — Some road noise
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Casa Coloniale? Share your experiences!