“Hands down the best food and atmosphere I've experienced in many many year..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ai Barbacani

Ai Barbacani
Calle Del Paradiso 5746, Sestiere Castello, 30122 Venice, Italy (Castello)
041 5210234
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #286 of 1,198 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Castello
“Hands down the best food and atmosphere I've experienced in many many year..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Firstly i would like to say thank you so much for making my experience with Italian food such a memorable one. I've eatin at a lot of Places all over the world and this is by far one of the best yet. Firstly as if the welcoming glass of porsecco and basket of mixed breads as soon as well walked in the door wasn't enough. The short bread biscuits and appertif shot to finish our meals defiantly was. The authentic feel of this place can not be duplicated it was just so homely and the service and the quality of the food was second to none. My father has been a first class European chef for over 30 years now so I'm very accustomed to what good food tastes like I can assure you. Please if you want to eat a well portioned meal in a fantastic itailan setting go and check this place out. I will defiantly be coming back!!! Thanks Luke and abi xx

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great fish dish and a friendly owner.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We visited this restaurant after a long, hot day walking around Venice. We found the restaurant to be cozy and quite romantic due to the low lighting- we went for the mixed grilled fish for two which was delicious and a carafe of house red which was good for only €12. The fish had a great chargrilled flavour- the only thing it needed adding was a side salad/potatoes as at €44 for two there was only the bread on the table to go with it- we could have easily ordered a side dish though! We also got Tiramisu to end which was delicious. A lovely touch was a complimentary limoncello which rounded off the meal nicely. with water, wine and a main meal for two and a dessert to share for €70 it wasn't the cheapest meal but much better than most of the surrounding tourist traps!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta/Venice
“Cozy in winter”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

For some reason this place does very good business while the trattoria down the street does little. Both are merely average. Decent enough for a meal but not worth seeking out. Fireplace when the cool nites arrive is nice, but somehow the place lacks character. A few doors from our flat, so we drop in now and then, but always wish we had bothered to venture a bit further.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ridgefield, CT USA
“Good Seafood, Friendly, quaint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The meal starts with a nicely chilled Prosecco offered on the house. Lots of fish and traditional Venetian dishes on the menu. I shared a grilled seafood platter with my wife. It was quite good. The service was very friendly, the owner is kind of a salty character, funny in a slightly sarcastic way. Complementary Grappa or Lemoncello are offered at the end of the meal. The prices are reasonable for Venice.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shanghai, China
“I love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Me and my husband keep coming back here for the past 8 years everytime we are in Venice. The menu hasnt changed and the staff is also the same. In winter there is a fireplace. The vine is very good. The food is fine, not spectacular, but its such a charming little place, that the quality of food will be more then enough. I cant wait to be back, I miss it just writing about it.

• Visited May 2013