“Great service, good food (less for veggies), bit pricy” 4 of 5 stars

+39 041 5236651
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 1,203 restaurants in Venice
Description: Bistrot de Venise first opened in 1993 and has since become a hangout and meeting place where the figurative arts, poetry and culture combine, simply, with Food and Wine....1999 saw the start of our research into Rare Wines and Historical Venetian Cuisine, strengthening our concept of applying culture to local and regional Gastronomy and Wine. ...our hard work still continues today... Gastronomy & Wine…extensive research on the history of venetian Cuisine and Wines, from its noble origins to the present time. The Historic & Renaissance Venetian Cuisine revised and suggested by our Chef Mario Missese and his young team. Our House, unique in town, offer a gastronomic trip back to the past glories of Venice following its history & tradition. ”Award winning” wine list, for the quality and variety of the selected rare wines from the Veneto Region and the North-East of Italy. Professional wine tasting (free) all year round. "..exciting Wine List" .. (see Michelin Guide 2012) specialized in the research of many Rare Wines, a truly unique selection purchased directly from small producers with the help of Istituto Sperimentale di Viticoltura di Conegliano. More than 60 options by the glass and a wide selection of the most prestigious italian vineyards. Prized Wine List by Italian Sommelier Association for best 15 in the Veneto Region at Vinitaly 2010.
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great service, good food (less for veggies), bit pricy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

The overall experience was very good. My gf loved the seafood combination and the desert (ice cream) was great. The gespacho given as an appetozer was brilliant. Service was excellent. However, the vegeterian selection was not impressive. In addition, the place is not cheap. I'd recommend it as a good choice for a romantic dinner or a special occasion.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
“Mixed Reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I differ on our opinions about this restaurant. It was located near our hotel and we had reservations for our final dinner in Venice. When we arrived, I didn’t receive a good vibe from the maitre’d. This was partially due to the fact that I didn’t want everything from the tasting menu, but he insisted as though I could not see the cost benefit from ordering from that particular menu. My husband said he would take the dessert, which I did not want, so I opted for the tasting menu option. Since my husband and I were ordering very different things, we asked the sommelier to pair each of our courses with glasses of wines. This was one of the highlights of the evening. The sommelier was quite knowledgeable, made some great choices, and, he chose one of the most delicious red wines I had while I was in Italy (definitely seek his assistance if you dine at this restaurant.)

At the end of the evening sirens began to sound to announce the rising tide. We were eating outside and had to quickly conclude the evening because the area where we were eating began to flood. (I debated whether to include this next bit of information, but something that I ate did not agree with me and resulted in a very sleepless night; however, my husband was fine).

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Worst experience in Venice”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I was going to say 'worst meal', but the food itself was actually very nice. What we didn't like was the experience of the meal. We found this restaurant to be very pretentious and felt like all the staff were looking down their noses at us.
I chose a veggie primi and the only veggie secondi which was a cheese platter. I may not have told them that I was veggie, but I would have thought it was pretty obvious, why else would I want only a plate of cheese as a main course? Even so, without checking first, they presented a complimentary appetiser of octopus tentacle and then sneered when said I didn't want this.
The sommelier presented us with the wine menu, and then instead of allowing us time to look through this and talk amongst ourselves, he stood looking over us awkwardly. He then told us he would bring one wine, after we told him the sort of wines we liked, but actually presented us with a different one, without even checking our price range.
The one excellent thing was the white asparagus risotto with dark chocolate which was delicious. Also, my meat eating husband enjoyed his octopus and secondi. I was however very disappointed with the plate of cheese as my main course.
In short, food was good, apart from veggie options, but the service and attitude of the staff spoilt it for us. Would not recommend.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nanaimo, Canada
“We really enjoyed this Enoteca”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner and had a table near the bar. We were in the heart of things which is what we enjoy. Very friendly with Lots to see. Our service was impeccable. The food from the scallop starter to the pasta and duck to the dolce was very tasty and filling. The wine suggested by the restaurant was perfect. This Enoiteca appears to be frequented by many locals, which is good, so it is suggested that you reserve for dinner. We recommend the Bistrot de Venice to you.

Visited May 2013
Manchester
“Best meal in Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We found this restaurant using the Frommer's Italy Day by Day book and we nothing less than blown away. Walking in we had no idea how impressed we would be. The staff was fantastic and treated you like royalty. A sommelier helped us pick the perfect red to match our meals and the chef gave us complimentary prawn and dessert platter. It was a pleasant surprise for just walking in off the street. This is a place we will talk about for ages and hope to go back to.

• Visited June 2013