“Over priced & over rated” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Restaurant Terrazza Danieli

Restaurant Terrazza Danieli
Castello 4196, 30122 Venice, Italy (Castello)
39 041 522 6480
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #255 of 1,195 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Castello
Stanmore, United Kingdom
“Over priced & over rated”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I organised my 60th birthday at this restaurant in July 13 as we had spent part of our honeymoon at the Danieli which was always a favourite of my parents. It was awful, the service was a disgrace as was the food. My 5 guests were shocked as I had always said it was the best.
To add insult to injury on numerous occasions I tried to contact the hotel with emails and telephone calls however all have been ignored. In fact Trip Advisor also became involved and effected an introduction to the General Manager but he never responded to them or to my attempts to communicate with him. The hotel group were also contacted but they also ignored my complaints. My advise is don't go there and save yourselves a load of money, disappointment, rudeness, terrible food and bad service in the bar and restaurant

• Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We went for dinner and left disappointed. I don't mind expensive but the food has to live up to the price. The food was just average and when you are paying £115 per head plus tip that is just not acceptable. The service is not exactly friendly either with our mains shoved onto our table like it was a café - food went all over the plate and not even an apology. I think this restaurant gets its high rating for breakfast and the view which is fantastic. Did I mention dinner was disappointing.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville, Florida
“Most Outstanding Views in all of Venice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Having done this many times...including our 1st day of arrival fresh of the red-eye flight from JFK, my suggestion is to arrive at La Terrazza at 9:30 am on a sunny morning...do not ask for the open Buffet. Rather, be seated at the best table they have available. Ask for the Colazione Piccolo (small Breakfast Menu) Order the Sheered Eggs. This will come with wonderful fresh pasties and coffee. Doing this will cut the breakfast price in half...just sit back and look at beautiful, sprawling Venice from all sides! It is the best dining view in Venice. On an odd note, I was once in VCE alone on business, and La Terrazza would only allow me to come to dinner ALONE if I arrived before 6 pm. Not sure how that works these days. odd then. But in the Summer this is another beautiful evening dining experience as well.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Des Moines, Iowa
“Mediocrity at a price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Hearing the the rave reviews, we went with high expectations and came away gloomy. The decor is tired velvet, the food was nowhere near as good as other restaurants we visited in Venice and the staff was attentive but officious. Expensive was expected, but the per person minimum charge of 16 Euros was a little over the top. (The view should be lovely when you are paying $22 for the privilege.) Don't think this rating is due to price...quality costs. We happily paid similar per plate bills elsewhere in Venice.
Unless you conceived your first child in the Hotel, pass.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fleet, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food in awesome surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Expensive - yes! Worth every penny - most definitely! Great food, extremely friendly and efficient staff.

Breakfast - brilliant! Dinner - divine!

Visited November 2013