“OK food, indifferent wine, overpriced” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Furatola

La Furatola
Dorsoduro 2869, Calle Lunga San Barnaba, Venice, Italy (Dorsoduro)
041 520 8594
Improve this listing
Ranked #372 of 1,197 restaurants in Venice
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“OK food, indifferent wine, overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We ate here on the way to a concert at the Scula dei Carmiti. The fresh fish was well cooked but expensive. The waiter said that the only house wine was a bottle at 20 Euros -- apparently there actually was carafe wine for a lower price, and the bottle was definitely not worth the price. The side dishes were also undistinguished. Would not try it again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

72% Recommend
Zurich, Switzerland
“Very nice dinner for one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I spent this last evening in Venice all by myself and found this restaurant coincidentally on my way "home". As I had eaten Spaghetti Vongole for lunch I didn't feel like eating a heavy dinner. The waiter suggested a fish soup of the day which was fantastic. Plus one or two glasses of red wine (of the house - very good too). I was very happy.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lugano, Switzerland
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This "trattoria" introduced by a Venetian friend is without doubt one of the better fish restautants in Venice. Simple and frequented by the locals. Reserve. Near Ca' Rezzonico. Close to the hotel Palazzo Stern. No view but true local fare. An "honest" dining pleasure.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Credit Card Users Beware”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

I ate here 21 Nov 2012 with my family. It's a pity to write a poor review, as the food was excellent, but necessary for 2 reasons:-
1. The waiter suggested we had combination meal shared between 7 of us. This was a mistake as the amount of food was mean.
2. VERY BAD credit card practice. The waiter picked up my credit card but instead of putting it straight into the machine, he took the card away for a couple of minites before bringing the machine to me! Then he was seen to peer intently over my shoulder whilst I keyed in my PIN. In the EU your card should never leave your sight! I will be checking with my bank upon my return to the UK for any unauthorised transactions. If so, this may well be down to this restaurant.

New York
“Very fresh and delicious seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The mixed seafood starter at this restaurant is worth the visit on its own. The rest of the meal was also very good. A short walk from the Accademia bridge and just off a nice square, we were surprised to find the place fairly empty and mostly locals eating there.

Visited September 2012