“Delicious food and charming staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of L'Osteria di Santa Marina

L'Osteria di Santa Marina
Campo Santa Marina 5911, Venice, Italy (Castello)
041-528-5239
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #63 of 1,198 Restaurants in Venice
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Neighborhood: Castello
Staten Island, New York
“Delicious food and charming staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Arrived at this place without a reservation after walking out of another restaurant that failed to honor our reservation and treated us as an annoyance. They welcomed us warmly and seated us immedately. The service was great and the food was delicious. Relaxing dining experience. Would eat here again In a heartbeat.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

St Ives, United Kingdom
“Overpriced and pretentious service don't bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We have been travelling for 3 weeks through Italy starting in Siena and finishing in Milan. During our trip we have been careful to select good restaurants where we can experience good Italian food. The food here was undoubtedly good but not exceptional and we seriously have had better for half the price! We were looking for a good plate if pasta and chose this restaurant based on ta. I would say that unless you are looking to spend 80 euros on the tasting menus and be served a range of small dishes then this place is not for you. We have ordered the primi plates of pasta in a whole range of restaurants in Italy and have found them to be good portions but not too big. We were not looking for big plates of poor quality food but when my aubergine ravioli turned up it had 5 average ravioli pieces! At 16 euros this works out at just over 3 euros per mouthful! Tasty yes but not that hot and very poor value. The cheapest lager on the menu was 18 euros! Obviously they are looking to welcome customers who are going to spend a lot of money and the portions are small to make you order more. We had no amuse bouche served like other reviewers say so the service obviously depends on how much you order! I am more than happy to pay for great food but I would reserve paying 80 euros for a set menu for a Michelin star not this fairly average restaurant in Venice.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Darlington, England, United Kingdom
“Tasting menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Such a good idea to have the food selected for you, then you get a taste of the best food, had the75euro meal, mostly meat based, nice size portions, just enough, service unobtrusive but very helpful when needed,not the cheapest but agreatmeal, sat inside, had air con, would be pleasant outside if not too warm, loos clean, wasgiveacopyof the menu for posterity

Visited July 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent Food & Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I stumbled upon this place while honey mooning in Venice. The food was excellent, very fresh and quality ingredients. Wouldn't hesitate to visit again or recommend it.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Best meal of my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Aboslutely the best meal i've ever had. Got the recommendation from our hotel staff (Hotel Ca' Bragadin). My wife and I each ordered a different tasting menu, with a bottle of wine. The seafood was unbelievable and the staff was very friendly. I also got a couple of extra "suprises" since my tasting menu was a little shorter than my wife's. I will absolutely eat here again on my next visit.

Visited July 2013