“Finally the Original” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Harry's Bar

Harry's Bar
Calle Vallaresso 1323, 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)
041-528-5777
Improve this listing
Ranked #675 of 1,198 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Bar
Neighborhood: San Marco
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Finally the Original”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

On our last night in Venice we visited Harry's. I'm happy we did it and happy to have paid for poorly presented, average tasting Bellini. So now been there, done that. We were packed in like sardines, only ordered our drinks, looked around at other tourists and got out of there, although there was an interesting cast of characters who are well known to the wait staff.

Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Chester, United Kingdom
“Harry's Bar - A joke too far!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I did all my research before setting off on a no expense spared 5 day trip to Venice.
I made a much needed reservation, as advised and assured my friends we were in for a treat.
The service was average and vastly overrated, it certainly doesn't stand out from anywhere else. In fact the only thing that stood out was the prices.
Having sampled the Bellini in other bars the famous 'we made it first' was sadly lacking, not only in taste but also in presentation.
The food lacked imagination and can only be compared with a 2 for £10 deal in England.
The location is beautiful, however small windows and cramped seating hardly add to the ambiance and we were upstairs. I don't think we would have stayed if seated in the crowed bar area.
Don't be swayed by thinking this is a must do while in Venice, after paying 450euros for a very poor meal for 4 [actually 3, they didn't charge for 1 as we sent it back] we would make sure never to go again.
We found several places off the beaten track, and while I would agree Venice is not the best for eating out, Harry's Bar was definitely at the bottom of the list.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“A Hemingway Hangout is Tourist Filled”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

As long as you want to see many other tourists just like you, Harry's is the place for you. To enjoy a meal asking to be seated upstairs is helpful otherwise you get the foot traffic to the bar and upstairs passing you by frequently.

However since this is HARRY's Famous Bar - home of the true Peach Bellini, it is a must do once in your life if you are in Venice.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Old and great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

4 bellinis for 70 euros but who care,great service and been part of this historic culture(no one do service like this anymore)will go back on my next trip.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fort Mitchell, Alabama
“A Dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Your first clue should be that you cannot see into the bar from the outside. When you enter, the room is small, the tables and chairs are shot, the ceiling is low. Thank God for slow service since it gave me time to realize this was not the sort of place where I wanted to spend 18 Euro for a martini even if Hemingway did get drunk there. If I am going to spend that kind of money, I will happily take the shuttle to the Skyline Bar at the Molino Stucky on Guidecca and enjoy the surroundings and service along with my drink

The worst rip off I have seen in Venice