“Great service. Best for after opera.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ristorante Antico Martini

Ristorante Antico Martini
San Marco 1983, 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #392 of 1,197 Restaurants in Venice
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: San Marco
Toronto, Canada
“Great service. Best for after opera.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

The 4 of us had dinner here based upon Trip Advisor reviews which I now feel were overstated. Service is excellent and food very good, but you are paying a premium based upon the location which is right beside the opera house. We sat inside and the ambiance was average. The food was very good but portions were small and prices high for what you got. There was also a bit of a "rush" when the opera was finished and they received a wave of customers.

Visited September 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Lived up to reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We prebooked martini for dinner on Saturday night prior to arriving in Venice as it appeared on a recommendation list from our hotel and the trip advisor reviews looked good. We were looking for something for a special occasion and this fitted the bill well. It was an eclectic mix of people but all relatively well dressed as this is a smart restaurant. I had scallops to start and my partner tempura vegetables ( beware its a big portion). Both were very good. We opted for grilled prawns and John Dory for main courses both good too. It was in a nice square and there is a covered terrace area which we sat in and it was a good temperature for an October evening. The square was busy to watch with people going Into the theatre. We enjoyed the ambience, thought it was quite a romantic setting and the service was unobtrusive. Our bill was €260 but we opted for an expensive wine and we thought in the venue (Venice) it was represented acceptable value.

Visited October 2013
Singapore
“Way below expectations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I read and heard so much about this restaurant, so we made a special effort to go. Lets say we have by now been to quite a few well rated high end restaurants in Italy. I must say, Antico was disappointing - probably my two most disappointing places to eat during my 17days in Italy. The ambience was average and not exactly romantic or atmospheric. The service was acceptable but perfuntory. The menu description of food was mouth watering and imaginative. But the actual food was quite a disaster (I thought it was my choice but my wife's was bad too). The food presentation looks more befitting of a trattoria. I stayed 4 days and 3 nights in Venice - and there were many other better places to eat. I wasted a dinner there.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

A lovely restaurant near the Opera House in Venice. The Service is excellent and the Food delicious. Will definitiely return on my next visit to Venice.

Joanie (McMaster)
Vancouver, BC

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Highlight of Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had the pleasure at eating here in September 2013. We stayed in a hotel near the Teatre La Fenice, and were thrilled to find such a wonderful resataurant close by. We enjoyed the food and service so well, we made reservations for our last night in Venice.

The seafood was especially wonderful, and the service was 5 star.

• Visited September 2013