I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in july 2013 and had such an amazing holiday.
it was reasonably easy to find after getting off our shared water taxi from marco polo airport at rialto market vaporetto stop. An aside...this was a cost effective way to get from the airport if you're not quite ready to brave public transport...although you shouldn't be worried as public vaporettos are so easy and reliable.
we arrived 2 hours before check in time (2pm) they kindly rushed to have our room cleaned and it was ready within half an hour so we were delighted. We had a standard room on the ground floor next to reception. Lovely room...quite large with huge double shower and dressing area. Air con was great for us and we had no issues with noise even on the groundfloor.
The shower was slightly mildewed and could have had a thorough clean but as we rushed the cleaner we didnt mind. However on the last day we saw a few beasties crawling around (silverfish I think) so we were glad to be leaving! I imagine they are probably common in venice with the water.
the location of the hotel is great...far enough out from st marks but close enough to wander to the main sites. It is right next to the rialto market and bridge.
there is a great cafe next door who serve average quality cocktails at reasonable prices and there are plenty of restaurants and a few bars in the next street.
we didnt try breakfast so I can't comment on that.
For the price paid and for a short stay...it was just what we needed.
- Also Known As:
- Il Nido Di Giulietta And Romeo
- Il Nido Di Giulietta & Romeo Hotel Venice
- Il Nido Di Giulietta & Romeo Hotel
- Il Nido Di Giulietta Romeo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in an area of Venice's historic city centre known as San Cassian, just a few minutes from the Rialto Bridge and St Mark's Square, Il nido di Giulietta & Romeo is the ideal choice for anyone planning an exclusive, unforgettable holiday. Easy to reach and handy for public transport, it makes an excellent solution for anyone wanting to experience Venice and its uniqueness to the full. The traditional Venetian architecture, abounding with wells, mosaics, frescoes and columns, merges with more contemporary, original design ideas to create the best solution to satisfy even the most exclusive, demanding clientele. All the rooms are personalized with different finishes to offer each guest an almost bespoke accommodation experience. Space, light and comfort are essential qualities in each room, all of which have either a shower or bath. The junior suites also have a jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Venere, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Il Nido di Giulietta & Romeo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.