“Stunning Hotel in Stunning Location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Palazzo Stern

Save Saved
You added Hotel Palazzo Stern to your Saves list
Hotel Palazzo Stern
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dorsoduro 2792-2794/A-2792/B, 30123 Venice, Italy (Dorsoduro)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #14 of 381 hotels in Venice
Esher, United Kingdom
“Stunning Hotel in Stunning Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at the Palazzo Stern Hotel for our Wedding anniversary trip to Venice. It was not cheap, but well worth every penny. The Pallazzo is full of original features, combined with modern comforts. We stayed in room 304, a Junior suite overlooking the Grand Canal. The room was luxuriously furnished, beds were super comfortable, bathroom was gold but tastefully so, original fireplace, large flat-screen telly and beautiful Murano glass chandelier.
The staff at the hotel were extremely welcoming and helpful and the breakfast delicious.
We were given a complimentary bottle of Prosecco, as I had mentioned on the booking about our wedding anniversary.
We would definitely stay here again...once we've saved up!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Robertino3, Manager at Hotel Palazzo Stern, responded to this review, April 10, 2013

Thank you for your very nice review.
I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcome you soon again here.

Warmest regards!

999 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The staff were very welcoming, and extremely helpful with their local information/recommendations. The location was perfect for us, the walk to San Marco was only 20-30 minutes and the waterbus stopping next to the hotel was great for tired legs! We found the rooms quiet at night, but just a short walk away there was plenty of local restaurants to choose from. We would stay at this hotel again if we return to venice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Robertino3, Manager at Hotel Palazzo Stern, responded to this review, April 8, 2013

Have a nice day!

NW England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Even if we did have a room with no real windows (Room 505 has a couple of electrically operated Velux window in the roof) we really enjoyed our stay at the Palazzo Stern.

This was our third visit to Venice - previously we have stayed in a private apartment and at the San Cassiano with a Grand Canal view room (see previous TripAdvisor entry) and this room was substantially cheaper.

However, despite the lack of view (who sits in a city hotel looking out of the window anyway?) the room was very comfortable and very quiet. Location was perfect - 10 seconds walk from Ca' Rezzonico vaporetto stop with direct boats to airport and everywhere else.

Excellent breakfasts, excellent bar for a night cap after along day out and attentive and friendly staff throughout. Having taken up a recommendation to stay here from a couple of friends, I would definitely pass that on.

We will stay here again, next time we are in the city.

Room Tip: 505 has no windows (apart from very small ones in bathroom and lobby) but don't let that put you...

Thank you for your very nice review.
I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcome you soon here in Venice.

Have a great day!

Stroud, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is an outstanding hotel in so many ways. We chose it as a wedding anniversary gift to ourselves and were not disappointed. The room overlooked the canal and to gaze out at any time of day was fascinating; the building itself had so many wonderful and historic features it was difficult to know where to look first. Our room was perfect: spacious, well appointed and clean; the Murano glass chandeliers and timber ceiling were just breathtaking. The staff were charming, very helpful and took pains to explain how to get around, what to see and offered to book any restaurant we wanted. It's a real palazzo, so go on, treat yourself - stay here!

Room Tip: You are in Venice - so get a room with a canal view!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Robertino3, Manager at Hotel Palazzo Stern, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Buongiorno!

Thank you for your great review!

Warmest regards,

Middle Village, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Palazzo Stern was an excellent hotel. The staff was extremely accommodating and the rooms were spacious. The hotel was absolutely beautiful! We would definitely return to the Palazzo Stern during our next trip to Venice

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very nice review. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcome you again soon here in Venice. Have a great day!

Reykjavík
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I find that when I travel that choosing a hotel is always the bit I fear the most. I look over a lot of them before I choose one. I was so happy that this choice of mine paid of - this is a fantastic hotel. Not big but also at the same time not small either. The rooms are spacious (but not 401 - my room during my stay) - and everything that you need in a hotel room.

My travel mate he had a bigger room (402) that he loved so to equal out my disappointment with my room.

The staff is super friendly and I would like to thank all so much for the stay. After one morning the staff at the breakfast brought our coffee just as we liked it. The breakfast is not big but sufficient. I would so much like to stay there again - a hotel worth staying at and I have stayed at them few over the years.

Room Tip: Not 401 - it's small!!!!! with no view!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Robertino3, Manager at Hotel Palazzo Stern, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very nice review, I'm happy you enjoyed your stay after your long search!!!
I'm sorry that you found your room not very spacious, but remember that we are in Venice and here the space is more than expensive. Unfortunately here you will not find the same standards of dimension you have everywhere else.

The view also is not bad, you have one window on the garden on the backside of the hotel and the other on the calle (which is very big).

Concerning the breakfast remember that you can always ask for the things that you would like to have. Maybe we are not able to provide them, but maybe yes! And this is one of the nice things that you can find when you book a smaller hotel, a more personalized service.

I look forward to have you here again soon! Thanks again for the time you dedicated us for this review and have a great day!

Mullumbimby, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

It is said that only a mediocre man is always at his best but when it comes to this hotel, the saying is patently untrue. Our second stay was like the first - perfect. Excellent staff, comfortable facilities an an unbeatable location cannot be improved upon. It sounds like we own the place and frankly, I wish we did.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Grand Canal (eg room 304). It's worth the extra expense. After...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Robertino3, Manager at Hotel Palazzo Stern, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very nice review!
I'm happy you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcome you for the third time.

Have a great day!

Roberto

Been to Hotel Palazzo Stern? Share your experiences!