“A lovely hotel, difficult to fault!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hotel Palazzo Stern to your Saves list
Travelocity Booking.com
Hotel Palazzo Stern
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dorsoduro 2792-2794/A-2792/B, 30123 Venice, Italy (Dorsoduro)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #12 of 381 hotels in Venice
London, United Kingdom
“A lovely hotel, difficult to fault!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The staff were very welcoming, and extremely helpful with their local information/recommendations. The location was perfect for us, the walk to San Marco was only 20-30 minutes and the waterbus stopping next to the hotel was great for tired legs! We found the rooms quiet at night, but just a short walk away there was plenty of local restaurants to choose from. We would stay at this hotel again if we return to venice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Robertino3, Manager at Hotel Palazzo Stern, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very nice review.
I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcome you soon again here.

Have a nice day!

1,001 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
NW England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Even if we did have a room with no real windows (Room 505 has a couple of electrically operated Velux window in the roof) we really enjoyed our stay at the Palazzo Stern.

This was our third visit to Venice - previously we have stayed in a private apartment and at the San Cassiano with a Grand Canal view room (see previous TripAdvisor entry) and this room was substantially cheaper.

However, despite the lack of view (who sits in a city hotel looking out of the window anyway?) the room was very comfortable and very quiet. Location was perfect - 10 seconds walk from Ca' Rezzonico vaporetto stop with direct boats to airport and everywhere else.

Excellent breakfasts, excellent bar for a night cap after along day out and attentive and friendly staff throughout. Having taken up a recommendation to stay here from a couple of friends, I would definitely pass that on.

We will stay here again, next time we are in the city.

Room Tip: 505 has no windows (apart from very small ones in bathroom and lobby) but don't let that put you...
Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very nice review.
I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcome you soon here in Venice.

Have a great day!

Stroud, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

This is an outstanding hotel in so many ways. We chose it as a wedding anniversary gift to ourselves and were not disappointed. The room overlooked the canal and to gaze out at any time of day was fascinating; the building itself had so many wonderful and historic features it was difficult to know where to look first. Our room was perfect: spacious, well appointed and clean; the Murano glass chandeliers and timber ceiling were just breathtaking. The staff were charming, very helpful and took pains to explain how to get around, what to see and offered to book any restaurant we wanted. It's a real palazzo, so go on, treat yourself - stay here!

Room Tip: You are in Venice - so get a room with a canal view!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Robertino3, Manager at Hotel Palazzo Stern, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Buongiorno!

Thank you for your great review!

Warmest regards,

Middle Village, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Palazzo Stern was an excellent hotel. The staff was extremely accommodating and the rooms were spacious. The hotel was absolutely beautiful! We would definitely return to the Palazzo Stern during our next trip to Venice

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very nice review. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcome you again soon here in Venice. Have a great day!

Reykjavík
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I find that when I travel that choosing a hotel is always the bit I fear the most. I look over a lot of them before I choose one. I was so happy that this choice of mine paid of - this is a fantastic hotel. Not big but also at the same time not small either. The rooms are spacious (but not 401 - my room during my stay) - and everything that you need in a hotel room.

My travel mate he had a bigger room (402) that he loved so to equal out my disappointment with my room.

The staff is super friendly and I would like to thank all so much for the stay. After one morning the staff at the breakfast brought our coffee just as we liked it. The breakfast is not big but sufficient. I would so much like to stay there again - a hotel worth staying at and I have stayed at them few over the years.

Room Tip: Not 401 - it's small!!!!! with no view!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Robertino3, Manager at Hotel Palazzo Stern, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very nice review, I'm happy you enjoyed your stay after your long search!!!
I'm sorry that you found your room not very spacious, but remember that we are in Venice and here the space is more than expensive. Unfortunately here you will not find the same standards of dimension you have everywhere else.

The view also is not bad, you have one window on the garden on the backside of the hotel and the other on the calle (which is very big).

Concerning the breakfast remember that you can always ask for the things that you would like to have. Maybe we are not able to provide them, but maybe yes! And this is one of the nice things that you can find when you book a smaller hotel, a more personalized service.

I look forward to have you here again soon! Thanks again for the time you dedicated us for this review and have a great day!

Mullumbimby, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

It is said that only a mediocre man is always at his best but when it comes to this hotel, the saying is patently untrue. Our second stay was like the first - perfect. Excellent staff, comfortable facilities an an unbeatable location cannot be improved upon. It sounds like we own the place and frankly, I wish we did.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Grand Canal (eg room 304). It's worth the extra expense. After...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Robertino3, Manager at Hotel Palazzo Stern, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very nice review!
I'm happy you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcome you for the third time.

Have a great day!

Groningen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Top location, Canal Grande and Dorsoduro. Stayed in room 405 with balcony. Asked for a bottle of wine upon arrival it was a ok pinot grigio but reception forgot the opener.... Room is large, bed is perfect but why not put the 2 beds together if there's a couple staying. We moved the beds together, I did not understand that housekeeping moved the beds apart the next morning ( and every morning) and I was even more suprised that turn down service moved the beds apart after we connected them when we got home one afternoon. Staff was kind but it was all a bit stiff. In this beautiful hotel I expected more personal touch.
Entering the hotel one must really puch a glass door with force probably it's different in summer but still, I helped an American lady by holding the door for here so she could come in with her large suitcase... When we checked out 2 employees said goodbye and let us struggle with the door... felt kind of strange leaving this Palazzo like this.

Breakfast is fresh and there's enough choice, cappuccino is delicious and the breakfast employee is very friendly.

All in all a great hotel to stay but we came from Hotel Lunetta in Rome and hospitality there was so personal and friendly ...
Stern is good value for location, room is large, beds perfect, bathroom fine ( shower in bath tub ) but it's a lot of money.

Room Tip: room 405, canal Grande view with balcony
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Robertino3, Manager at Hotel Palazzo Stern, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very kind review.

Room 405 is a Junior Suite. All our Junior Suites (except one) have two queen size beds. We cannot put them together unfortunately because in the market is impossible to find so big sheets!!!
If you want a room with a King size bed you just have to ask, we will be more than happy to find you another room in the hotel that suite your need.

Same is if you want to exceptionally move the beds. Please ask! we are here to make you stay more comfortable, but we need to know what you want.

:o)

Unfortunately the entrance door is a little heavy, we cannot change it because it's historical. That's the other side of staying in a historical Palace like this. Sure the concierge should help you with the door... if that didn't happen that a mistake, I'm sorry.

We all look forward to welcome you here again. Remember that our rates change a lot during the year: during winter and summer we are much cheaper!!!

Thank you!

Roberto

Been to Hotel Palazzo Stern? Share your experiences!