“A very pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Al Codega

You added Hotel Al Codega to your Saves list
Hotel Al Codega
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corte del Forno Vecchio - S. Marco 4435 | San Marco, 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)   |
Ranked #31 of 383 Hotels in Venice
Ghent, Belgium
“A very pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

A small hotel located in a cul de sac, very quiet at nignt and yet close to the main land attractions of Venice.
Housekeeping was impeccable, decoration sober and tastfull, staff most obliging, breakfast varied and well presented and renewed with guests arriving between 7.30 and 10.30 .
management was most obliging in spite of our early arrival and offered us a buffet breafast and kept our luggage in safety until the room was ready.
We were also allowed a late check out in view of our flight schedule.
The hotel is located half way between St Marco and the Rialto, about 5 minutes each way with easy communication to the airport by water transportation.
We would certainly use their facilities again and we recommend this hotel to anyone looking for quality at reasonable price, Proximity to the center of Venise and removed from the buzz of tourists.

Room Tip: ask for a room located facing the inside courtyard
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Turkish first
Crater Lake National Park, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was a great find. Located in a little courtyard this hotel is very quite. We stayed at Al Codega for a week. The staff was wonderful and very helpful in every way. Their restaurant recommendations were very good, some places we went back to twice. When we strayed from their recommendations we generally had bad service and a bad meal. The hotel did everything they could to make us comfortable. Our room looked out on the courtyard. The room was clean and all the furnishings were modern and in good shape. While not huge the room had enough space for me and my wife. The hotel is perfectly situated so you can make it anywhere in Venice with just a short walk.

The only negative about the hotel was noise from other rooms and the hallway. While not horrible I could clearly hear the person coughing in the room next door. It wasn't loud enough to wake me up but when I was awake I could hear things. The hotel was very quite most of the time because of it's location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My friend and I stayed overnight here before boarding a Princess Cruise ship bound for the Greek Islands. It was just minutes from the water taxi. Complimentary breakfast and wonderful in every way. The rooms were great with little noise. The proximity to San Rialto bridge and St. Mark's was great. Very safe. Shopping and sightseein right there!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Lacey, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I found the Hotel Al Codea quite by accident while looking for lodging in Venice. I saw that unlike most of the Venice hotels which reviewers had rated as Excellent or Very Good, the Al Codega was rated as "Outstanding" even though it was priced below similar hotels. I read many of the TA reviews and could find nothing to deter me from booking it. We knew we wanted to be on San Marco, not the mainland, as we knew that our three short days there should not be spent traveling via water buses but in exploring this beautiful place that we had never before visited. As our travel date drew nearer, I began to have second thoughts about dragging all of our luggage from the water bus to this "hidden" hotel...but, the map made it appear that the "drag" would not be far and my wife said we were staying there so I said OK!

We arrived via air from Paris and it only took a few minutes before we were aboard the water bus with our 5 pieces of luggage. We disembarked the water bus near the Rialto Bridge and were immediately approached by "Fabio" who asked if we needed porter services. I couldn't say yes quickly enough. He asked where we were going and knew where the Al Codega was. With a smile he was off, with my wife and I trailing. It was only a few minutes from the bridge to the hotel and Fabio made it appear easy as he maneuvered his cart with our luggage through the narrow streets and into the hotel. 25 Euros was a cheap price to pay in my mind! (Fabio also returned to the hotel at the end of our stay and took us to the St Marks water bus location where we caught a water bus to the Port of Venice and our cruise ship...making the issue with luggage a non-issue!)

We were warmly greeted at the hotel by Salvitori and quickly checked in. Our room was a corner room on the fourth floor and was beautiful. Everything appeared new or nearly so. The room was spacious and bright. In short, it deserves the 5 star rating I have given it. But equally important to the room was the exceptional service we received from all staff members. Each one seemed to truly enjoy our being there and each one made our stay memorable. The breakfasts were delightful as was the breakfast area. The small bar was made exceptionally pleasant by the service provided. Without a doubt, we will return to the Al Codea as it is truly a wonderful hotel with a marvelous staff. Thank you Al Codega.

Room Tip: All of the rooms appear to be in great locations with none of them in high-traffic areas. We stayed...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

A good hotel perfectly situated. The thing that makes this hotel great is the staff, they are excellent. Breakfast is good with a wide selection to suit all tastes. I would happily book with them again.

• Stayed December 2012
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the hotel Al Codega over Christmas holiday 2012 and I couldn't recommend this hotel enough. The hotel has a fantastic location in between St Mark's Square and the Rialto bridge. It's set in a beautiful courtyard which is difficult to find at first, just look for the Armani shop and it's beside that. The room we had was beautiful and very clean. The breakfast was plentiful and varied, we usually didn't eat again til dinner later on. But the the best thing about the hotel is the staff, they were so friendly, polite, efficient and helpful - nothing was too much trouble, and they were always smiling. I had read some really good reviews on Tripadvisor and that was why we booked the hotel, and we're so glad we did, it was perfect, thanks.

Room Tip: ask for a view of the courtyard
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cali
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

i'm sure everyone has mentioned that this hotel is quite hard to find; the map given by the hotel was helpful until campo santa lucia. (i used the rialto as point of reference) when i got to campo santa lucia, it took me about 30 minutes to finally find the hotel (i'm not exaggerating!). i don;t even know how to describe how i found it...
anyway, despite this difficulty i find this hotel more than what i expected. i read somewhere that it's best to find a hotel close to piazza san marco because it will be one's point of refernece if lost - i can only just ask where is piazza san marco if i get lost and find my way back to the hotel from there. (i do recommend just walking and getting lost in venice - it's an island, you can't really get lost!)

when i got there, i was welcomed warmly by the receptionist and gave me a city map & offered drinks and took my luggage up to the room. booked a single room so the room just fit me; if there was another person, we would still be able to move around but would definitely feel that the room is a bit small for 2 people. it was nice that there's a cabinet for the luggage so it wasn't on my way. bathroom was really nice & spacious enough for 2. reservation came with buffet breakfast....REALLY GOOD OPTIONS! everything was there! cereal, milk, juices, cheese, fruits, jams, it was a huge spread! meat for breakfast too!

even though the hotel was hard to find at the beginning, i would still stay here when i go back because of its location. i woke up 5:30am to see the piazza while the rest of the tourists are asleep (it gets really crowded!). i felt safe leaving my hotel at that time. also it's mid way from rialto & piazza san marco. for Bank of America customers, there's a close BNP if an ATM is needed. i also thought 162 euros per night was one of the reasonable prices i found that is close to the piazza san marco.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Al Codega? Share your experiences!