“Fantastic location, great service” 4 of 5 stars

Bella Venezia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   San Marco 4701, 30124 Venice, Italy (San Marco)   |
Ranked #207 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Fantastic location, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Please be clear that you are booking the main hotel and you will be good. We have a lovely large room with amenities and a small canal view on 2nd Floor. We stayed for 2 nights - the staff was helpful, knew and understood English well. They were courteous, gave us nice ideas on exploring Venice by ourselves.

We do need to keep in mind that Venice Island is a city on canal. Hence there is no escaping walking 200-300 from Rialto bridge station with your luggage. Carry ones with 4 wheels and you should be good.

Venice is a costly place but its worth your while to lose yourself and enjoy its charm..

Room Tip: Stay in main hotel as rooms are much better there. It will add to your experience
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Fortaleza
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

If you Go to Venice, and is not in good shape, carry small bags.This hotel is midway between Rialto station and Plaza San Marco.From both boat stops, we must walk at least 300 mt.
Great breakfast and simphatetic
Team
Nice room. Ours had a pleasant view of a small channel and one of its bridges

• Stayed April 2013
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I agree with hotel staff reply to recent negative reviews. The booking info seemed clear enough. We booked a room in the main hotel and were very happy with it. The hotel is in a superb location, v.close to major attractions so you can go back to relax for a bit very easily. Staff have been freindly and helpful and I was offerred a v.good rate for an additional night.

Room Tip: Read the room descriptions carefully so you get what you expect. My superior double had no view but...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Naples, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

When I arrived in this hotel they told me that my room was outside in a dependance near there; I was a little bit surprised because my reservation was absolutely clear "Hotel Bella Venezia", nevertheless I was silent and followed the porter into this other room. In effect this room, that they presented me as a dependance, was the room of another hotel called "La Scala", the room was claustrophobic, without any night-tables nor mirrors in our room, you can't walk properly in our room because the bed occupied all the space and you had to walk back flanked the wall because there wasn't enough space; the bathroom was dirty and the shower broken, our room was near the lift so it was really noisy...
I went to the reception explaining my complaints and they answered me that the responibility was of the website on which I had my reservation....I phoned the website on which I booked this hotel and they gave me confirmation that my reservation was for Hotel Bella Venezia and not for this external room that in effect is another hotel without any star I think!!!!
It was really a bad experience and I felt sad mostly about their lack of honesty: they gave me wrong and false explanation, I could rebut because me too I work in a reception so I know how portals' reservations are managed...

Room Tip: Make sure that you are placed in Hotel Bella Venezia and not in external rooms which are part of ano...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelBellaVenezia, Direttore at Bella Venezia, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Mrs Ambrosino & Mr Virto,
we are really sorry to read this misleading review, usually also if negative we are happy to read the reviews of our customers because they help us to improve the quality of our hospitality, unfortunately your review, in our opinion, is not correct.
We just report here the exact words of the web-site where you made the reservation: "This is an economy room located in another building, Palazzo La Scala a Luxury Guesthouse, (next to the main building) and rooms can be small." Do you think that is not clear?????
We don't think is necessary to add anything...only that maybe from a person that make our job, like you wrote, some more reasonable and moderate opinion is expected...why did you mention the price you paid? and also on your check-out our Assistant Manager expressed you very kindly all our regret for your negative opinion in the same time illustrating you step by step your reservation and our fairness.

Arrigo Matterazzo
La Vergne, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We booked this hotel through venere.com and realized several weeks before our trip that the dates were wrong. venere.com didn't do a good job in resolving this issue, but Hotel Bella Venezia was notified several weeks before our trip that we would not be able to make the dates booked. They had plenty of time to re-book the hotel. We thought all was fine and then noticed a charge on our credit card for this hotel. Even though venere.com was responsible for the problem, I feel Hotel Bella took advantage of this situation. I sent three e-mails directly to them and never received a single response. I feel they collected money from us for a room we never used and were also able to book the room to someone else. I feel this was dishonest and wish they had had the courtesy to reply to one of my e-mails. I'm going to Venice again next month, but I DID NOT book this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HotelBellaVenezia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Bella Venezia, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Mrs Debbie,
we are really sorry to read how upset you are concerning the reservation, but on the same time we'd like to point out that you made a reservation on Venere.com for advance rate not refundable, that is very discounted rate but it does not allow cancellation or amendment as it is very clearly stated on the web-site where you made the reservation, so you were aware about cancelattion policy.
Furthermore you did not inform us or Venere immediately, ) please note that Venere sent you a confirmation on the same day...) and we have replied to your email, though our answer cannot agree with your request.
Anyway I think that when you wrote "Hotel Bella Venezia ripped me off", it is not true at all.
københavn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We booked and paid a 4 star "hotel Palazzo La Scala" according to photos and descrip-tion on there webside, but was directed to one of their other properties, (the Bella is one of a group of three) "Palazzo La Scala", 100 m down Calle del Fabbri.
A horrible place, comparable with a 2 star non serviced guesthouse.
A room with no view and tap remounted with tape in bathroom!!!!
We complained but they refused to change the room. Upgraded they called it, but not at all what we booked!
It seems that little of the 4 star rooms are in "Hotel Bella Venezia" and the rest 2 star are in other locations.
The change to get what you paid for, is less than 30% and we would advise anyone to go another place.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Bella is one of a group of three. We had booked and paid for four nights at one of their other properties. When we arrived we were told the one we booked had work taking place and they had moved us to the bella. Upgraded they called it
The Bella was a horrible dreary place not at all what we booked. They said if we didnt like it we could leave so we did.
they refused to refund any of our 680 euros which we now have to try to get back
I would never advise anyone to go here or any of their other hotels

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bella Venezia? Share your experiences!