“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bella Venezia

Save Saved
You added Bella Venezia to your Saves list
Bella Venezia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   San Marco - Calle dei Fabbri, 4710, 30124 Venice, Italy   |
Ranked #198 of 382 hotels in Venice
Perth, Australia
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I agree with hotel staff reply to recent negative reviews. The booking info seemed clear enough. We booked a room in the main hotel and were very happy with it. The hotel is in a superb location, v.close to major attractions so you can go back to relax for a bit very easily. Staff have been freindly and helpful and I was offerred a v.good rate for an additional night.

Room Tip: Read the room descriptions carefully so you get what you expect. My superior double had no view but...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

247 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Naples, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

When I arrived in this hotel they told me that my room was outside in a dependance near there; I was a little bit surprised because my reservation was absolutely clear "Hotel Bella Venezia", nevertheless I was silent and followed the porter into this other room. In effect this room, that they presented me as a dependance, was the room of another hotel called "La Scala", the room was claustrophobic, without any night-tables nor mirrors in our room, you can't walk properly in our room because the bed occupied all the space and you had to walk back flanked the wall because there wasn't enough space; the bathroom was dirty and the shower broken, our room was near the lift so it was really noisy...
I went to the reception explaining my complaints and they answered me that the responibility was of the website on which I had my reservation....I phoned the website on which I booked this hotel and they gave me confirmation that my reservation was for Hotel Bella Venezia and not for this external room that in effect is another hotel without any star I think!!!!
It was really a bad experience and I felt sad mostly about their lack of honesty: they gave me wrong and false explanation, I could rebut because me too I work in a reception so I know how portals' reservations are managed...

Room Tip: Make sure that you are placed in Hotel Bella Venezia and not in external rooms which are part of ano...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelBellaVenezia, Direttore at Bella Venezia, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Mrs Ambrosino & Mr Virto,
we are really sorry to read this misleading review, usually also if negative we are happy to read the reviews of our customers because they help us to improve the quality of our hospitality, unfortunately your review, in our opinion, is not correct.
We just report here the exact words of the web-site where you made the reservation: "This is an economy room located in another building, Palazzo La Scala a Luxury Guesthouse, (next to the main building) and rooms can be small." Do you think that is not clear?????
We don't think is necessary to add anything...only that maybe from a person that make our job, like you wrote, some more reasonable and moderate opinion is expected...why did you mention the price you paid? and also on your check-out our Assistant Manager expressed you very kindly all our regret for your negative opinion in the same time illustrating you step by step your reservation and our fairness.

Arrigo Matterazzo
La Vergne, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We booked this hotel through venere.com and realized several weeks before our trip that the dates were wrong. venere.com didn't do a good job in resolving this issue, but Hotel Bella Venezia was notified several weeks before our trip that we would not be able to make the dates booked. They had plenty of time to re-book the hotel. We thought all was fine and then noticed a charge on our credit card for this hotel. Even though venere.com was responsible for the problem, I feel Hotel Bella took advantage of this situation. I sent three e-mails directly to them and never received a single response. I feel they collected money from us for a room we never used and were also able to book the room to someone else. I feel this was dishonest and wish they had had the courtesy to reply to one of my e-mails. I'm going to Venice again next month, but I DID NOT book this hotel!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
HotelBellaVenezia, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Bella Venezia, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Mrs Debbie,
we are really sorry to read how upset you are concerning the reservation, but on the same time we'd like to point out that you made a reservation on Venere.com for advance rate not refundable, that is very discounted rate but it does not allow cancellation or amendment as it is very clearly stated on the web-site where you made the reservation, so you were aware about cancelattion policy.
Furthermore you did not inform us or Venere immediately, ) please note that Venere sent you a confirmation on the same day...) and we have replied to your email, though our answer cannot agree with your request.
Anyway I think that when you wrote "Hotel Bella Venezia ripped me off", it is not true at all.
københavn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We booked and paid a 4 star "hotel Palazzo La Scala" according to photos and descrip-tion on there webside, but was directed to one of their other properties, (the Bella is one of a group of three) "Palazzo La Scala", 100 m down Calle del Fabbri.
A horrible place, comparable with a 2 star non serviced guesthouse.
A room with no view and tap remounted with tape in bathroom!!!!
We complained but they refused to change the room. Upgraded they called it, but not at all what we booked!
It seems that little of the 4 star rooms are in "Hotel Bella Venezia" and the rest 2 star are in other locations.
The change to get what you paid for, is less than 30% and we would advise anyone to go another place.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Bella is one of a group of three. We had booked and paid for four nights at one of their other properties. When we arrived we were told the one we booked had work taking place and they had moved us to the bella. Upgraded they called it
The Bella was a horrible dreary place not at all what we booked. They said if we didnt like it we could leave so we did.
they refused to refund any of our 680 euros which we now have to try to get back
I would never advise anyone to go here or any of their other hotels

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Fareham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have just got back from staying at the Hotel Bella Venezia and I fully Recommend a stay here.
We arrived on valentines day and we got the water bus from the airport which is the most reasonable priced way of getting to venice.

Best way to locate the Hotel is to exit off the water bus at Rialto Bridge, from there there is an alley directly opposite which you follow until you hit Calle de Fabbri where the hotel is located.
There are no bridges to clamber over with suitcases if you choose to go this way.
The hotel is quite hard to find as it is on a shopping street but it is directly opposite a leather handbag shop which always helped me locate hotel.

The staff where really helpful and where always on hand to help with any questions.
As it was My 30th they upgraded me to a Superior room (room 105) which was lovely and although it did not have a view it was rather large and very clean and included bathrobes and slippers which was a nice touch.
Breakfast was a mix of different options, like scrambled eggs ,bacon,sausages/ Crossiants , Cereal , Muffins and fruit.
There was also free Wi fi at the Hotel and a computer and printer you can freely use.

St Marks square is a 5 minute walk and Rialto is slightly closer so it was very easy to visit all major attractions from this location.

Venice is very costly and if you want to have lunch on the Grand Canal near Rialto Bridge go to the furthest one down which we found to be the cheapest and still had lovely views.
( by doing this we saved 25 euros for the same meal offered at the first restaurant located next to rialto)

Gondalas are well worth doing and it is a set price of 80 Euros for 30 mins-40 mins.

To save the best money wonder down to the university district as the meals are still lovely but half the price compared to San Marco area.

Expect to pay 3-5 euros for a coffee in the backstreets and 8-10 Euros in main attraction areas.
Meals are from 8 - 17 euros for a pizza and 10 -25 euros for other main meals.
A lot of places offer tourist menus for a set price of 14- 25 euros for a 3 course dinner.

There is not much nightlife in venice and it is very hard to find a place just to have a drink.
But if you wonder by foot you will come across a few Irish bars and Jazz Bars you can go to.

All in all Venice is one of the most amazing cities I have ever visited and the Bella Venezia is in a perfect location to explore.

Room Tip: Room 105 is a Superior room on the 1st floor. There is no view but it is a reasonable size and decor...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Long Beach Island, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

When hunting on line for a hotel in Venice, I was looking for reasonable price with great location. The Bella Venezia hotel filled both much better than expected. Situated midway between St Mark's square and the Rialto bridge, it was convenient to all the sights we wished to see. The room was excellent with a nice bathroom including robe and slippers.
The morning breakfast was American style with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and lots of
pastries and breads. If I were going back to Venice I would definitely rebook the Bella Venezia.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Bella Venezia? Share your experiences!