“Excellent Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #95 of 384 Hotels in Venice
San Diego, California
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights on the tail end of our 12-day Princess Cruise. The hotel was beautiful and staff was gracious and accommodating to American travelers. The complimentary water taxi to travel across the canal was most convenient and accessible. We had an executive suite that included a wonderful breakfast and complimentary, private lounge with snacks, hors d'oeuvre, wine, beer, soft drinks, tea, coffee, throughout the day and evening. I highly recommend this hotel to American travelers visiting the enchanted City of Venice!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MolinoStuckyHilton, General Manager at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments on this website. I am pleased to read that you had a nice stay and found the staff 'make' the hotel and your stay enjoyable. It is a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Molino Stucky Venice.
Best regards.
Alessandro Cabella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (794)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barcelona, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is impressive, from outside as well as from inside, it is an example of industrial archeology recovered.

The hotel is at the Giudecca island, much quieter than Venice crowded streets, a 15 min ride from St. Mark in a convenient (free) boat shuttle, and 5 min from Zattere, which is on the other side of the Giudecca Canal.

And from the hotel, Venice deploys its magnificence.

Having said that, I must say that the rooms (at least ours) are outrageously small (they are small as per european standards, that usually are half the size of american standards), no WiFi on our room ("all rooms should have"), no worktable, and the TV set was perpendicular to the bed. Bar prices are a ripoff (22 euros for a Club Sandwich), and there is no alternate solution. You are at the Giudecca, in the middle of nowhere. If you are not willing to pay more than 50 bucks for a meal in one of the hotel restaurants, there is a restaurant nearby, recommended by the hotel, ("I cacciatori" which is absolutely awful (maybe it is a trick so the following day you ask for the club sandwich at the hotel).

But there is a local bar, on the Giudecca docks, 150 yards from the hotel, "La Palanca", where you can do what local folks do: ask for a Spritz (sparkling wine - prosecco -, Aperol, which is a kind of bitter drink, low on alcohol), and a tramezzino, - a sandwich - Nice, local, and cheap

So, the hotel has excellent features: clean, spectacular, isolated from Venice crow with a very convenient ferry, and also bat features. Room size, bar prices (and this is a problem, because you have almost no alternative)

Room Tip: Ask for a Canal View on the Arsenale wing (over the main entrance). From there you see Venice, and t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting an exhaustive review on Trip Advisor and for sharing your opinion on the Hilton Molino Stucky and for letting us know how we are meeting your expectations.
We also acknowledge and appreciate your constructive criticism as it will help us to improve the quality of the service offered to our guests.
With regards to the room size which was not up to your expectations, please be informed that our hotel has various and different levels of rooms, from standard to deluxe and executive rooms and suites with and without view. On your next booking to the hotel please be sure to book the room which better suits your needs. We acknowledge your comments on prices, though I can also assure you that prices of food and beverage in our bars and restaurants are in line with other 5-stars hotels in Venice.
We thank you for being our guest and we hope to have the chance to welcome you soon again.
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

It was an interesting start when the boat was full from St Marco Square and we couldn't get to the hotel our first try, then had the desk clerk take a look at us once we did get there and make a remark about dress codes for the restaurants (we were backpacking and had just come from an overnight train experience...) but that was the end of anything negative. We got a great room facing the canal and watched a cruise ship pass by as we unpacked and started our stay. The boat dock on the other side of the Grand Canal was always easier and less crowded to use than St Marco Square (learned after we didn't have luggage to tote!!!) Food is very expensive at the hotel, and cheaper and much better at quaint little restaurants throughout the city, so would recommend heading out for meals and experience the locale (my normal recommendation anyway... not there to experience the hotel!) Overall an incredible stay in an incredible city, and am planning a return trip next year!

Room Tip: Facing the canal was a bit noisier, but more than made up for it with watching boat traffic and feel...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments on this website. I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the hotel services and facilities. We acknowledge your comments on prices, though I can also assure you that prices of food and beverage in our bars and restaurants are in line with other 5-stars hotels in Venice.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Molino Stucky Venice.
Best regards.
Rapid City, South Dakota, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a very nice hotel - just not extra special. It is located across a canal from "Venice" proper but there is a frequent and convenient shuttle that goes to St. Marks square regularly so not much of an inconvenience.

This is a big hotel and feels like it. The rooms are very nice and well appointed. We had a suite overlooking the canal. The front desk was especially friendly and helpful. The hotel connects several historical buildings and it does not feel like an impersonal modern hotel.

The "executive lounge" was a very narrow glass walled off area in the main lobby that wasn't especially nice.

The breakfast buffet is ok but the food is in one room access only by a narrow hall and hordes of people trying to go through in both directions.

Overall I have no complaints about this hotel but it is nothing really special either.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for having taken the time to share with us your positive comments concerning your stay at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice.
We also acknowledge and appreciate your criticism as it will help us to improve the quality of the service offered to our guests. We place great value on your opinion and hope we may look forward to welcoming you with us again in a not too far distance.
Best regards,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

If you are looking for the ambiance of a historic Venetion property with the comfort and security of a North American style hotel, the Hilton Molino Stucky is for you. Situated on the island of Guidecca, you are a hop, skip, and jump on the hotel's own water taxi service, or the public service nearby to all that Venice has to offer, including the Main Island, the ferry terminal and San Marco Square. The island is much quieter than San Marco, but so close! The rooms are small (but it IS Venice, so to be expected) but modern, and well equipped. The rooftop bar and pool are really enjoyable. Dinner at the hotel restaurant was very good (is there bad food in Italy?). However, la piece de resistance is the morning hotel buffet.....OMG - this is some of the best food in the world. From fresh cheeses, to fresh fish, to fresh yoghurts, to fresh prepared foods, to fresh coffee......I could go on and on. It was fabulous.

We had a very good rate of about 140 euro in high season, breaskfast included, for a smallish but well equipped and modern room. But, hey, when in Venice, you don't go there to sleep.

One peice of advice - Everything in Venice takes 10 times as long to acheive, so allow lots of time to get to the airport on your departure. There is no such thing a fast water taxi in Venice, and they are rarely on time.

Room Tip: Our room was very quiet. If you plan to eat at the hotel, budget an "early" dinner. Restau...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for the positive review posted on this website. We appreciate your nice comments on the famous Hilton’s breakfast and on the efficiency of our complimentary shuttle service which is offered to our Guest in order for them to reach the main Island and San Marco in 5 and 15 minutes.
The Hilton Molino Stucky is located in the Giudecca island, a nice and quiet residential area, just a 12 minutes boat ride from the crowded city centre and is specially appreciated from guests and visitors who like to enjoy a more relaxing side of Venice.
Thank you also for the kind comments with regards to the room equipment. May I take this opportunity to inform you that the hotel has various and different levels of rooms, from standard to deluxe and executive rooms and suites. The standard King size rooms are indeed very comfortable but sometimes smaller than the ones of higher categories. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in the near future to let you experience another memorable stay with us.
Kind regards
Vitoria, ES
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I could have a much better experience at this hotel. The structure is amazing, the staff not so amazing.
I am a diamond member and I invited friend to stay with us. I did not receive a upgrade for my room and stayed in a tiny room, but for my surprise, my guest received and amazing room, a super upgrade…it was my first disappointment.
As a Diamond member we have access to the executive lounge, where they offer food and beverages for some “special guests” and we had access to this area where you can access with your key card. My partner entered in this area when the door was open and a waiter hold his arms in front of everybody and made him pass trhu a very embarrassing situation that we will never forget, It was on December 31. Of course I complained once, twice and only after my third time, when I decided to call the Hilton Headquarter in the US I received some excuses. The manager asked if I would like the waiter come to my room to appologise (What embassared situation…nonsense). In the sequence he asked if I want something like a sparkling wine as a compensation. You know, it made feel worse, because in the end, It was not my responsibility to fix or decided how to fix the situation. They should be much much much more efficient.
Another terrible situation was the concierge. I would like an indication to have dinner at the New Years Eve. I was there waiting for this guy for more than 20 minutes while he was “making another reservation online” for a guest who was there. After a long wait a girls asked me if she could do something for me. I explained I was looking for a restaurant and she entered the concierge room and return to me in seconds saying “all restaurants are full in Venice tonight”. I just went to my, made a phone call, just one, and I had a great table in a great restaurant for this evening.
SO DISAPPOINTED

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
MolinoStuckyHilton, General Manager at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Guest,
thank you for sharing your experience with us and with the TripAdvisor community. Let me first apologize about your unpleasant stay and the general impression you had at our hotel.
As far as the Concierge staff, I apologize if their knowledge resulted not sufficient to you and I will personally look into it and take action in order to improve that service. Also the other points have been taken into consideration and were matter of discussion in our Department Heads meeting in order to improve the quality of the service offered to our Guests and to take corrective actions. I hope to have the chance to welcome you again in our hotel and I am sure that next time we won't disappoint you. Thank you for being our Guest,
Kind regards,
General Manager.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed there a few months ago. The location was convenient in that it was across the water from St. Marco square, and there was frequent hotel provided water transportation. The hotel was clean, with a couple of nice restaurants. Rooms were a little small, but probably better than most in the area. Very nice roof top pool with great views. The hotel lobby lounge was a nice place to get breakfast, or a cup of coffee. The hotel provided water transportation has certain working hours, so you should check their schedule, and plan accordingly

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
thank you for your positive comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Molino Stucky Venice and we hope we can welcome you soon again here in Venice.
Thank you for being our guest. Kind regards,
Alessandro Cabella

Been to Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel? Share your experiences!