“Beautiful Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #88 of 381 Hotels in Venice
Edmonton, Canada
“Beautiful Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

It is not on the main Island if staying in Venice for only a few nights I would stay on the main Island other wise its a great hotel, We choose a 5 star on hotwire and got a great discount. No access to steam room after 8pm very disappointed after a day of walking.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MolinoStuckyHilton, General Manager at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor.
We are glad to see that you liked our property and enjoyed our services and facilities.
While it is true that we are not located right in the Venice centre, we are only a few minutes away from the city and very close to the main Venice attractions.
We thank you for being our guest and we hope to have the chance to welcome you soon again.
Alessandro Cabella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (667)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

The Hilton Molino Stucky in Venice was a terrible disappointment. Uninspired and inconvenient. Caters to huge package tour groups: if you are interested in arts and culture and the mystery of this exquisite city, you should skip this hotel altogether. And if you enjoy fine food, you should avoid the restaurants. You can do much better.

Location: poor. Very inconvenient. The hotel is not located near the center of the action. It is located on an island quite far from the center of Venice. The hotel provides a free shuttle service which stops at only two locations in Venice... but the shuttle stops completely in mid-day. Twice I found myself running through the narrow streets of Venice to make it to the shuttle boat in time. Nothing is more frustrating than arriving at the jetty just after the boat has departed. Sometimes you must wait an hour or more for the next boat. Difficult if you are on a schedule or meeting people.

Quality of the hotel: below average. For a five-star hotel, it is a great disappointment. Uninspired decoration, cheap materials, bland decor. Ugly layout. The hallways are chopped up by a series of ugly columns, endless corridors, and a confusing scheme. It is a vast sprawling mess. There is nothing memorable or distinctive about this hotel. Imagine a typical airport hotel transferred to Venice: that's the Hilton Stucky. They managed to drain any historical interest or beauty from this building.

Service: just average. Everyone who works there is friendly and some were helpful, but there was nothing special or memorable about the service. At these prices, one expects the pinnacle of service. It is a five star hotel, after all.

Food. I ate at both restaurants. A massive disappointment. The food was bland and boring. The expensive restaurant puts on a show of presentation... but then the flavor and texture of the food is a crushing disappointment. Again, nothing special or memorable. It is hotel food. This is a disgrace in a city with many good restaurants. Even the breakfast buffet is boring: yes, they have many choices but the food is quite mediocre.

WiFi. The Internet service is terrible. It hardly works and it is always quite slow even if you pay for the lavishly expensive executive package: during busy hours of the afternoon just before dinner, the service sometimes fails completely. At scandalous prices, this so-called service is an insult to the customer.

Rooftop bar: again, nothing spectacular. It is located in the back of the vast building complex, on the far side of a huge canal. Venice is a distant line of lights across the water. The bar happens to be closed during sunset hours, which is a shame because the view might be better then.

My advice to the Hilton Stucky management: drop the prices for the WiFi (make it free) and be honest about the fact that the fancy restaurant really just offers the same dull hotel food as the breakfast cafe, and drop the pretense of being a five star hotel. Embrace the reality that this is just another boring business hotel that happens to be situated across a busy canal from one of the most fascinating cities on earth.

My advice to travelers: if your plans include the Hilton Stucky, you can count on a clean room and decent accommodations with none of the flair or originality that is the essence of Venice. Use it as a dormitory. Plan to get out of bed early, jump on the first shuttle boat, and spend your entire day in Venice exploring the hidden corners of this mysterious and beautiful city.

Dear Guest,
First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us have your impressions about your visit at the Hilton Molino Stucky Venice.
We are sorry if we did not entirely meet your expectation and I am sorry that the experience at our restaurant was not appreciated as we have received lovely feedback in the past. I have passed your comments onto the team to review and do hope that should your plans bring you back this way, you will give us another chance to serve you. The Hilton Molino Stucky is located in the Giudecca island, a nice and quiet residential area, just a 12 minutes boat ride from the crowded city centre and is especially appreciated from guests and visitors who like to enjoy a more relaxing side of Venice. May I take this opportunity to confirm that our complimentary shuttle boat runs during the winter period every 20 to 40 minutes from 9 am in the morning to 12 pm at night with the only exception of 2 hour break in the afternoon. In addition, Alilaguna public lines stop also in front of the Hotel, with direct connections to the Airport and the Cruise Harbour. Also, the ACTV public transport station is only a few minutes’ walk away and connects any part of Venice with departures every 10 minutes.
I must admit that I was really surprised on the negative feed-back in regards to our building architecture and lay-out. The huge restoration project of the Molino Stucky was designed and approved following strict rules and regulations in compliance with the environmental and artistic restrictions applied to an ancient building and monumental complex protected by local authorities. The structure still preserves the typical features of the old industrial neo-gothic architecture and it is recognized as one of the most beautiful flour mills in Europe. The first project dates back 1884 and was commissioned to the famous German architect Ernst Wullenkopf.
As regards Internet, to improve guest satisfaction, complimentary internet will be introduced at the beginning of 2013 in the public areas of all Hilton hotels.
Although you express some disappointment, I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future so that we can demonstrate the high level of service we are renowned for.
Kind regards.
Alessandro Cabella General Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was staying here during Superstorm Sandy and my flight home was cancelled. I tried calling the airline from my room and my cell phone, but couldn't get a number that would work in Italy. I went to the front desk and a lovely concierge named Federica Tomaino went out of her way to place the call and help arrange my flight home. By the next morning, travelers were being told they would be stranded for up to a week. Thanks to Federica, I made it onto the first international flight to land in Philadelphia after the storm, in time to attend a wedding that was really important to me. Thanks so much, Federica! Your excellent customer service made all the difference.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely comments about the hotel and for sharing your experience. It’s a pleasure to know you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found the service provided by our Concierge to be so helpful. I will certainly share your comments with her and with our Front Office Manager.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best regards,
alexandria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Absolutely wonderfull weekend in November with wife for friend's B-Day. Hotel and staff exceptional. Location amazing with excellent shuttle. Highly recommended. Great Value.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your very positive review of the Hilton Molino Stucky.
I am so pleased that you would highly recommend us to all and that you enjoyed your stay and your wife’s birthday celebration with us. I was delighted to read that you found the hotel location to be amazing and the team to be very helpful and kind. Whatever the occasion may be, I hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Best regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Just returned from a fantastic stay at this Hilton, to which we shall be returning and have telling people to go there as well. The staff at the front desk were genuinely friendly and extremely helpful. Everything I asked of them was dealt with in a warm, polite and efficient manner. When we had noisy neighbours the first night of our stay, we were moved to another room without any hesitation, and had no such problem again. Rooms and bathrooms were so gorgeous as well, clean and well decorated. But for us it was the constant smiles and kindness of the staff that made the hotel such a success.

In making my booking I'd mentioned in passing that it was a birthday treat for my 13 yr old son who has been asking to go to Venice for years. Imagine our delight when we got into our gorgeous room with a canal view to find a magnificent birthday cake, along with lovely fruit juices! My son instantly declared it the best hotel in the world and said he never wanted to leave. I seconded that emotion.

We loved being on the island of Giudecca as it was a bit quieter than around San Marco, but the constant water shuttle meant we could be in San Marco in minutes if we wanted more activity. And waking up in the morning to the view of the main island was worth staying on the opposite side. It's worth exploring this island a bit too as we found some lovely little restaurants with great food.

My son and I both look forward to returning to the Molino Stucky in future. It gave him the most wonderful first experience of Venice, which I'm sure he'll never forget.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your excellent review of the Hilton Molino Stucky.
I am so delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that your son experienced an unforgettable birthday celebration with us. I was pleased to read that you have specially appreciated the location on the Giudecca island where our Guests can relax away from the crowded city and enjoy a fantastic view over Venice.
I would like to thank you for praising our Team Members who always try their best to welcome our Guests and make sure their stay is a memorable one! Whatever the occasion may be, I hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Best regards, Alessandro Cabella
Orlando
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Gold HH member upgraded to gorgeous suite nov.15-17. Shuttle boat from hotel to venice very efficient. And quick. Executive lounge wine all day and food. Staff very polite and helpful. I would stay here again if I return to venice. Took a shared taxi from airport straight to property. 27 euro each. Worth it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MolinoStuckyHilton, General Manager at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments on this website. I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the hotel services and facilities. I would like to thank you as well for praising our Staff and for your comments regarding the benefits that you have received as a HHonors Gold member. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Molino Stucky Venice.
Best regards.
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Beautifully restored and appointed, this hotel certainly stands out. Great if you're about to embark on a cruise (the port is very close) but not such a great place if you want to be in the middle of the action, although the regular shuttle to San Marco is a bonus.

The rain was lashing down so much when we arrived that we decided to have a light lunch at the hotel rather than go out (we did try but were soaked after five minutes so turned back). This wasn't so good... the order had to be repeated three times (the waiter just couldn't get it) and the food was so-so and extremely expensive. And the wine... well, when a hotel charges €50 for a €10 bottle of wine, that's a real sting so we chose to have a Spritz instead.

Our room was quite small but well appointed although I would have loved to see a couple of dressing gowns provided and more than just one small bar of soap. Good, comfortable bed and great linen. The lighting could have been better, it was a bit dim when reading.

If the weather hadn't been so awful when we arrived, I'm sure we would have explored the island and found some lovely hidden gems but as it stood, we were a bit stuck at the Molino Stucky. Fortunately, the weather brightened the next day and we made good use of the free shuttle.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for posting your positive review on Trip Advisor and for sharing your opinion on the Hilton Molino Stucky.
I am sorry that the experience at our restaurant didn't meet with your expectations and I apologize for the missing items in the room. I have passed your comments onto the F&B and Housekeeping Manager for action and review. I do hope that should your plans bring you back this way, you will give us another chance to welcome you. We acknowledge your comments on prices, though I can also assure you that prices of food and beverage in our bars and restaurants are in line with other 5-stars hotels in Venice. Although you express some disappointment, I hope we will have the opportunity to host you again in the not too distant future so that we can demonstrate the high level of service we are renowned for.
Best regards.
Alessandro Cabella

Been to Hilton Molino Stucky Venice Hotel? Share your experiences!