“Very small and intimate hotel” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Tiepolo to your Saves list
Hotel Tiepolo
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Castello 4510, 30122 Venice, Italy (Castello)   |
Ranked #189 of 382 hotels in Venice
“Very small and intimate hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We found this hotel on Hotels.com. The problem was, there was no direction to find it except the address. Getting off the boat in Venice is confusing enough but staying in a small 13 room hotel where few merchants are familiar with the name was quite a challenge. We had to keep asking and asking until we found a Porter who pointed us in the general direction. The house numbers do not go in order as in the US so that was another challenge. I don't know how directions could be provided. We certainly did our best to look like lost tourist and then saw other tourist looking the same way in Venice.
Once we arrived, it was worth the struggle. Not a million dollar view, but very quaint and lovely. A quiet hotel. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013

135 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Coimbra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I really love the place, I stayed there from 2 to 5 September 2013 and enjoyed the experience. I had stayed there before and that was the reason I went back. The location is perfect, the room was clean and, though not much furniture, the room was nicely decorated. I point out this because I have stayed at hotel near St Marcus sq and the furniture seemed to be composed of "leftovers", no two pieces matching. Staff was kind and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We spent two nights here, checking out this morning. The location is perfect - very close to San Marco and many shops and restaurants. The room was clean, spacious and attractive. It is a smallish hotel and very charming. The staff is wonderful, especially Martina at the front desk (who speaks very good English). Many thanks also to the young woman who so pleasantly and efficiently laid out the breakfast and made us espresso each morning. I would recommend to friends.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Best value in this range. Pretty clean and great location. Breakfast wasn't bad either! Although we woke up to flood sirens in the morning, he hotel tried their best to prepare us for the knee high water wade to the water taxi to the airport.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Bucharest, Romania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

a clean place perfectly located and with nice staff and good breakfast, but with two major problems. when you pay 100 euros per night for a single room in a three star hotel you really expect to have wi-fi. Tiepolo doesn't have wi-fi and they do not say this on their website. If you need to check emails or do some work during your stay in Venice, this hotel is not for you. Don't think that you can do it in a restaurant over a cup of coffee: restaurants with wi-fi are fewer than you think. Also, i think hotel Tiepolo has a problem with phone signal. I stayed in room 108 (just above the entrance) and as soon as i got into the room the phone signal disappeared. Sometimes I had to lean over the window to be able to send some message.

The second problem is a weird approach to booking. It should be ILLEGAL to not be able to cancel your reservation with less than two months before! If you do this, you lose the price of the first night. As I booked one month before my trip, practically I had no chance to cancel without losing 100 euros. And I think that the hotel's staff froze that amount from my credit card. I am not sure about this, but you should check. Also, I had to print a paper received from them, write on it that I agreed with all the conditions, scan it and send it back to them! It felt like a travel in time in a communist country from the past...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Tiepolo? Share your experiences!