“Fantastic location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dolomiti Hotel

You added Dolomiti Hotel to your Saves list
Dolomiti Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Cannaregio 73-74 | (Calle Priuli ai Cavalletti), 30121 Venice, Italy (Cannaregio)   |
Ranked #218 of 383 Hotels in Venice
australia
“Fantastic location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a fantastic location very near the main sattion and not far from the grand canal. The rooms are nice and the bathrooms very good with excellent water pressure. The breakfast was pretty poor and the staff about as disinterested as you would put up with without expressing your disappointment. I wish I could figure out how to give 3 and a half rating for the location and showers.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Our family of five was happy for price / quality ratio. We had two rooms with, breakfast, toilets in the corridor, 150 eur together. Rooms are basic but ok. Clean, good location, friendly, can be recommended.

Hotel is near grand canal and railwaystation, location ok.

• Stayed October 2012
Orebro, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Visiting Venice is 4th time for me and 3rd time for my wife Priscilla and first time for our friends from Malaysia visiting Europe. I booked 2 double-rooms and the hotel is situated about 50 meters from St. Lucia train station & another about 50 meters to Pizzale Roma bas station. The location is good in terms of visiting Venice as it`s near to many restaurants and boat-busstops. Only disadvantages for this hotel are:mosquitos come in when sleep with open windows at night because there`s no air-con and moreover there`s no elevators,so when we got the 2 rooms at the highest floor,one needs to have good stamina. If one has bigger lugguage,I don`t recommend this hotel unless you have negotiated in advance for a room on 1st floor. Breakfast is okay. For budget travellers or back-packers are okay for this hotel but for families or older people or big lugguages, I should recommend another hotel if possible. On the whole,the rooms are clean,toilets and bathrooms are okay besides those setbacks. Bear in mind,it`svery hot in Venice during summers and they have only fans in the rooms.

Room Tip: Read the reviews of other travellers before one books a hotel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Vermont, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

This place might fly under the radar but it was clean, reasonably priced, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were quite comfortable, with A/C. No fridge in the room, but they let me put a bottle of wine in the kitchen fridge to chill. Very close to the train station, and easy access to cooler neighborhoods of Venice that are a little less touristy (not totally escapable anywhere in this city, of course). Not a luxury place, but everything you need. Cute little breakfast room and courtyard. Would definitely recommend and stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brattleboro, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Wonderful hotel, rooms are neat & clean. Service is great, very friendly & helpful.
This hotel is close to the train station which is a plus when you are just getting to the city!

This is in a more quiet part of the city, but the water taxis an vaparettos are close-by so it is easy to get around.

I would stay here again & recommend it to my friends.
The only thing missing is a small refrigerator, but they do have a vending machine with water & soda.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Bologna, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We came there at about 22:00 since we missed our train (which meant that we "had" to stay another day in venice :)). The receptionist told us that since it's already late the price is reduced to 90 euros for a double room. Later, after checking the prices at home we found out that these are the normal prices of the hotel, certainly not a discount and we even paid 5 euros more then the prices in the season. However the receptionist WAS friendly.
In the room it was terribly hot (more then the outside!) and since there is no air conditioning in the rooms we really suffered. Another bad thing are the noisy doors of the rooms, which slam automatically and therefor it woke us up during the night.
We didn't try the breakfast...
Since the night before we stayed in a different hotel, for 110 euros I highly recommend to look for a different hotel. I'm sure you can find a better one at the same price, and even if you have to spend 20 euros more- do it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I really hated this hotel, for 3 main reasons.

1. On the first day of our trip, I sat on the first floor stairs waiting for my boyfriend to run back upstairs to get something we had forgotten from our room. From where I was sitting I could see the man behind reception pick up two pieces of luggage that some guests had asked them to keep for a few hours, and throw them into the corner of the room, literally threw them really hard against a wall, then he heard jingling (i also heard it too) from one of the bags, a back packing rucsack type bag, I then saw him proceed to unzip the top pocket of the bag and remove two hand fulls of coins and a couple of notes, he stole from the bag.

At this point my boyfriend came back, so I jumped up and went down, when the man heard us coming he scurried to another room and I actually heard him put all the coins down, then come back and welcome use.

2. The second issue was with the same man, I was buying two drinks from the vending machine, each was 1.50 euro, I put 3 Euros in, got one drink and then the machine swallowed the rest. That was fine, I thought the man would just give me another drink. Instead he said "Just put another 1.50 Euro in and you'll get a drink!" I said that I had already paid, and that he should fix it or open up the machine or something, he came back with "well it is not my machine". The guy has the worst attitude I have ever experienced in a hotel, we nearly came to having a full blown argument. I told him it wasn't my machine, it is in his hotel, it has taken my money and I want a flipping drink, after 10 mins of arguing he put a Euro in and gave me a drink saying "great, I'm down 1 Euro, enjoying your lovely drink" in the worst, sarcastic way. Idiot.

3. No Air-con. I realise this might be because the building is old, but it was so hot in Venice that the one fan that was provided was not sufficient, we had to leave both windows open and proceeded to be bitten approx 20 times each my mosquitos.

Overall, the room was clean, big and OK, pretty basic. The guy that was stealing and just a general loser was around 50, white/grey hair, stocky built. I dont want him to be mixed up with a slim man of a similar age with dark grey hair who was kind.

Room Tip: Do NOT leave your luggage in this place after you check out
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Dolomiti Hotel? Share your experiences!