Residence Corte Grimani was a bit pricey for our budget, but Venice in general is expensive. We traveled with a 13- and 15-year old so our goals were a little more space, a place where we could cook so we wouldn't have to eat out in restaurants all the time, clean, easy walking distance from tourist sights but not right in the middle of chaos, and WiFi. Corte Grimani met this wish list perfectly and was completely worth the cost.
We stayed in an apartment on the 5th floor for 4 nights recently. Rooms were spacious and included a small extra room with a lamp, little table, and ottoman that our son dubbed his "office". The bedroom is large for European standards and included plenty of storage, comfortable bed.
Kitchen included microwave, dishes, dishwasher, washer/dryer (there was a fee to unlock this so we just washed by hand in the bathroom sink when necessary and dried clothes on the heated towel rack), and stove. It cost 50 Euro to unlock the stove, which we did - we ended up finding local market food to cook dinner all four nights since restaurants were expensive, and this 50 Euro was totally worth it when we could buy local market food for a family of four for only 25-30 Euro a night. It was fun to find handmade pastas and sauces, then cook them at the apartment and serve with fresh salads from the local grocery store. So it depends on how much you'll use it. We loved this feature and felt it gave us an opportunity to eat more like locals.
The hotel provides shampoo, soap, and a few added toiletry amenities. The only thing we wished the hotel would provide is dishwashing soap under the kitchen sink - we stayed in other apartments in Italy that provided this and it was really nice.
WiFi was sufficiently strong in kitchen/main room, but slightly spotty in the bedroom. No big deal.
The hotel is located very close to San Marco Square, about a 5 minute walk. It is in between the Rialto Bridge and San Marco Square, which for us was perfect. We enjoyed walking by the gondola stop just over the bridge, and even though it was a touristy area, it's easy to get beyond that and wander through the maze of streets into less touristy neighborhoods. It was a little challenging to find the hotel upon our 7:30 pm arrival in the dark, and I could not find my specific map, but we received help from friendly locals. Don't forget to print your map from the website!
Front desk staff is excellent, available 24/7 and very helpful. Our kids tended to sleep in, so they would call for housekeeping as soon as they noticed our whole family was headed out for the day. They also sold us wine at a reasonable cost upon our arrival on New Year's Eve when local shops were closed. Very attentive to our needs! They arranged for a water taxi to take our family to the airport very early in the morning on our departure day, and though costly (100 Euro) it eliminated our stress level (we considered returning via vaporetto but due to timing it just seemed easier to be picked up and dropped off right at our exact locations).
For our family, Corte Grimani was a splurge but definitely worth it. We would stay here again in a heartbeat, and highly recommend it if you have similar goals to ours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Corte Grimani is situated few steps to San Mark Square housed within an old 17th-century Venetian palace which has been completely restored. It's made up of 15 elegant apartments, and they are available in three different decors complete with all amenities. Shared spaces and services are those of a very refined apart hotel where guests can take advantage of the reception 24h/24h. The residence offers the very best of services such as daily housekeeping of the apartment, and a family atmosphere where the very attentive and professional staff welcome guests in a friendly and efficient manner, always providing information and suggestions to make the best of a stay in Venice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Residence Corte Grimani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Corte Grimani Venice
- Residence Corte Grimani Hotel Venice