“Excellent rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #167 of 418 Venice B&B and Inns
Belo Horizonte, MG
“Excellent rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

The location is very good , near by a street with many restaurants, in 15 -20 minutes walk from central venice. The rooms are good but the bathroom is minimum, but it's ok!The staff was nice and give me all information that I need. The breakfast delivery in the room was complete, with many options. Bed and breakfast confortable and charming!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from central Venice and 5 mins from the water bus stops.

We were given the warmest of welcomes on arrival and our room was beautiful and absolutely immaculate (I seriously could not find one spec of dust!).

Breakfast was delivered to our room at a time of our choice. The bread and crackers were pre-packed but still enjoyable and the coffees were lovely.

We were on the top floor by the canal and it was a little noisy but to be honest, it kind of added to the whole 'Venice experience'.

We paid $310 for 2 nights.

We are planning to return to Venice next year and will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

We had a lovely comfortable stay. It provided a perfect base from which to explore Venice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Odessa, Ukraine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed in this hotel with husband for 1 night only and it was comfortable ( I would stay there more). I knew that Venice city center is very small and old, so most of hotels equipped with small rooms and bathrooms. I didn't mind, it was clean, quite and breakfast was ok too.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

I made my reservation at Locanda Acquavita happy to find an attractive price. I confirmed the booking by my credit card. After a week from the reservation I got an email from Locanda's staff informing me about the cancellation of my booking. According to them, there had been some "hacker intrusion" and they did not have availability for me.
Unfortunately, later I saw that they were selling the same room in the same date I wanted to come for a 30% higher price.
This place is some kind of creepy joke! I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, unless you want to be cheated.

Stayed April 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

I would give it a 4 star if customer service was provided. If this is not your first time in Venice then I would recommend this hotel given the location. First, there was an error with our reservation. I successfully booked the Murano Room online base on prior reviews but was told a week later that they made a mistake and had to switch to a different room. No complimentary services were offer to make up for the mistake. Second, there was delay with our flight and we had to email the hotel that we wont be able to make it before the 1pm check-in. When we got there, no one was there and we had to borrow a bystanders cell phone to call the the hotel. With the fourth attempt, someone finally answered and said that they have emailed the code to enter the hotel. Isn't it common sense that we are in TRANSIT and had no access to the Internet? The room provided to us on the first floor was spacious but very noisy. I had a hard time falling asleep with all of the waterbus passing by all night long. If noise isn't a factor then you will be fine. Also, the owner didn't like too many questions so pls go to a TI if you need travel advices.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
San Jose, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

I'm not a light sleeper, I'm even deaf in one ear--something that makes falling asleep much easier in noisy situations--but with a phone locked in a closet outside your room ringing literally all evening, all night, and all morning long, I have to warn you that you might be in for a very miserable and frustrating time.
Also, the bathroom is tiny, there is no shower although there is a shower head. And the mirror on the ceiling made me say: "chicabowuang".
Without the phone ringing, and with full disclosure about the bathroom this would have been an acceptable stay. I got 3 1/2 hours of sleep, so I none too pleased.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Locanda Acquavita? Share your experiences!