“Fabulous stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 433 Venice B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“Fabulous stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

This B&B was fabulous in many ways. The host gave excellent instructions over email to ensure that we would find the place without any issues. The day we arrived, there was a water bus strike and our host emailed that morning to let us know and also to provide alternative directions. The location is fabulous - right in the middle of the city, but still off in a side street where it is quiet. The private garden is also such a treat - my husband and I sat out there for a few hours each day whenever we needed a break.

We were provided with recommendations by the host on restaurants where the locals eat (and were of good value), and they did not disappoint. The suggests are hidden gems that your average tourist probably would not have found. The host is very friendly and always made sure we had everything we needed.

The breakfast that was served was very good. It is continental style (pasteries, fruits, etc.) and there is someone there who will make you a coffee/tea/latte/espresso at your request.

Room Tip: We stayed in the room on the main floor where the kitchen is, and so you can hear the other guests a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
mattia170, Proprietario at 3749 Ponte Chiodo, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Hello,

I appreciated you kind review.
I hope it will be possible to guest again in my guest house.

My best regards
Mattia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Korean first
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

We have really enjoyed our stay here. We have been to Venice very, very many times & have never enjoyed a stay as much mainly due to this lovely place. Mattia is a perfect host. We thought we knew Venice but after our very enjoyable breakfast chats with Mattia we found we knew ' niente'. He also supplied a map of those places in the area that served real Venetian food. We were not disappointed. I would recommend the Ponte Chiodo in a heartbeat. We will be back.....& the coffee is to die for :)

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
mattia170, Proprietario at 3749 Ponte Chiodo, responded to this review, March 20, 2014

I am really glad you enjoyed your stay in 3749 Ponte Chiodo

It was a pleasure to help somebody, who knows already my town, to discover the more authentic part of it and it was really fun to chat with you during breakfast.

I hope there will be again the possibility to offer you a good cappuccino!

My warmest regards

STL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I would definitely recommend the Ponte Chiodo to anyone going to Venice. It is right off the main canal but you are in a more residential area and away from the throng of tourists. Our host was very knowledgeable and helpful in making suggestions on what to see and what to miss on our first trip. We stayed 3 days and felt it was very relaxing. We especially enjoyed getting a bottle of wine and sitting at the tables outside after a long day of walking.

Room Tip: We chose one of the larger double rooms and were very pleased with it.
Hollywood, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Mattia was a gracious and attentive host. The first house is clean and comfortable, very well located and a home away from home feeling.
We spent three nights in Venice and Mattia helped us with great recommendations and unusual flexibility.

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed a second time at Ponte Chiodo, after our honeymoon 3 years ago. The first time, we had the little room in the parterre, now the "deluxe" room. We were happy with both! First of all: Mattia is the best! He really helps, no matter what. For example, how to get cheap tickets for the opera. Or, in my case, I habe coeliac disease - he knows the right restaurants. And he has, of course, a big knowlege about the city and its hidden treasures. In brief: We enjoyed our stay very much and will stay again in Venezia - and there only in Ponte Chiodo!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
mattia170, Proprietario at 3749 Ponte Chiodo, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
thanks a lot for the very nice review and pictures!

My best wishes
Mill Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had 3 nights and truly believe this property 'made' our visit in Venice. Mattia took time to advise us where to go, avoiding busy tourist experiences, seeing other parts of Venice we wouldn't have otherwise ventured to. He recommended (and made reservations) for us at local restaurants that were outside the 'tourist zone' (without pictures of food on boards outside). Making for a genuine Venice experience. Our room was lovely, and while we did carry our luggage up stairs, they did offer to take them up for us. Wifi was inconsistent in the room, but always available in the lobby or lovely courtyard. Mattia accommodated my gluten allergy at breakfast. The cappuccino's are the best. We brought wine back for the afternoon in the courtyard - with supplied glasses. We feel we received excellent value for our stay in Venice, and don't believe we could have found anything better! Hope to return one day.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We probably had our expectations high when we saw the high ratings this place had on TA! The day we arrived, there was a water bus strike, so we hauled our luggage for about 20 mins to get to the B&B. When we arrived, the inn keeper was disturbed about a cancelled booking and made that more evident than settling us in our room. He said the room was available but wasn't ready, and we could drop our stuff there. The room was on the 2nd floor with a good number of stairs to haul up our luggage.

When we got back to the room after some strolling around in Venice, I found that the wifi would not work in our room. After trying out some modem restarts, he suggested that I use it in the lobby area where the signal worked and it was anyways FREE!

The room is an ok size with a canal view but definitely way too expensive for what we paid! The guesthouse is in a good area of Venice and you can probably walk around to most places. We had breakfast here the following morning. The spread was ok - all the usual stuff, the coffee was tasteless. He offered to make us something else, but it was ok. We had other stuff to do than wait on coffee.

We stayed there for a night and were glad it was only a night. Nothing about 3749 really charmed us to have to spend more than a night there even if we had the choice! The place is overall ok - nothing overly special and the inn keeper can make things better by welcoming incoming travellers!

Hello,

I am sorry, being so short, I cannot remember your stay here in Pontechiodo but I remember for sure there were some problems with the internet connection on the second floor which I have solved (hopefully forever!!)
Anyway I am sorry for the misunderstanding about the wifi; perhaps I meant it was possible to connect with free internet not only on the room but also on the breakfast area.
Your review clearly shows Pontechiodo is not the place for a short stay, because in 24 hours it is not possible for me (my limit) to understand each other.
Best regards
Mattia

Been to 3749 Ponte Chiodo? Share your experiences!